PDA

View Full Version : Nintendo WFC = Fail.

Jakob15
12-19-2009, 11:31 PM
Does anyone think that the Nintendo WFC in the DS is a fail? We play Mario kart online but there is no point because we don't even know who we are playing its just like playing the Computers no difference. Whats the point of playing Nintendo WFC in games World Wide when you don't even know who they are and you can't communicate with them. Like in the PS3 and 360 online you could talk with any random person which makes the game more fun and intresting. I don't understand why the DS or Wii could have Wifi voice chat games with random people. There is absolutely no point in playing Wifi in the DS Wifi because there is no point of playing nothing special about it. Even with friend codes there are lots of DS games that you can't even comunicate with people in like COD me and my friend play it but we can't chat in it and stuff and it gets boring. Plus no downloadable contents. No nothing. Big disappointment in my book.

DeltaBurnt
12-19-2009, 11:34 PM
It allows you to hone your skills, rank up on top 100 charts, get a good kill to death ratio, and challenge yourself against non computer generated difficulty.

There are some games where you can communicate via microphone, they just make it hard because anyone can't just start saying cuss words randomly.

Jakob15
12-19-2009, 11:43 PM
Why don't they want you to be able to say curse words? On the Xbox and PS3 you could...

DeltaBurnt
12-19-2009, 11:53 PM
Why don't they want you to be able to say curse words? On the Xbox and PS3 you could...

Well think about it. Mariokart is rated E, alot of good online games on PS3 and Xbox are M or T.

jincongz
12-19-2009, 11:58 PM
If little susie was chatting with mr. pedobear over the DS wifi, who do you think will get sued if pedobear ends up fcking little susie?

Get a phone line or skype working, and COD while trashtalking all you wanna.

Jakob15
12-20-2009, 10:05 AM
In the PS3 why don't they have problems like this. No pedobears...

jincongz
12-20-2009, 10:29 AM
They do? That's why 8 year-olds shouldn't be playing COD:MW2 on line with voice on.

Little Bobby: Let's have fun, guys!
Random live-in-basement 30-year-old: DIE, MOTHERFCKing BITCH ASSHOLE!

Little Bobby: Dad, what does motherfckeing bitch asshole mean?

Jakob15
12-20-2009, 11:14 AM
Does it even matter they will still learn how to curse... Plus half of all the PS3 games have Voice chat in them. Why can't Nintendo be like Sony for online? If a kid is playing a game threw World Wide he could always click the option for No voice chat...

jincongz
12-20-2009, 11:27 AM
Would a child voluntarily check the no voice? Obviously not. This is about a peace of mind for the parents.

Jakob15
12-20-2009, 12:19 PM
That is the child problem then not Nintendo's.

DeltaBurnt
12-20-2009, 12:41 PM
That is the child problem then not Nintendo's.

Uhhh actually no it isn't. Because if Nintendo is making systems saying they're for everyone, then parents will be pissed when their kids learn their first cuss words because of Nintendo.

Even if it isn't directly their fault, people will sue. People will do anything just to get money out of any bad situation, especially in times of a bad economy.

Solarpolitiks
12-21-2009, 08:03 AM
Calling the WFC on the DS fail because there isn't chat? Really?
As far as DLC goes there have been (very few) games on the ds with it. I believe N+ had some form of DLC

rockstar99
12-22-2009, 02:01 AM
WFC is not fail
you wanna chat add th eguy as a friend:
Metroid Prime Hunter(Voice chat)
PS0(Test but during fights etc anytime its great)
Pokemon series(Voice Chat)
There are many more games too...

Exactly what delta said imagine a 5yearold playing mariokart online and a guys says "Fuck You Bastard!" through the mic i dont think itll be so great.

Like ps3 and 360 better?
Sell your ds and stuff and go buy one :)

briankealing
12-22-2009, 11:17 AM
I never really did like WFC. It took forever to connect with someone, and the friends list isn't very efficient. I hate sitting around waiting 10 or so minutes for someone to play with. Does it really take that much effort to pair two game-players together?

PharaohsVizier
01-02-2010, 04:05 AM
Well to be fair, some games do it better than others. I HATE playing random people with Mario Kart, it takes ages to load up a game, and when it does, you go up against 1 guy. But I think the WFC is well used on games like Tetris, 1v1, compares stats, etc. Honestly though, I don't think there are enough handheld online gamers to facilitate something like a server system. The Nintendo WFC isn't bad for what it tries to accomplish, but of course, it has its flaws.