PDA

View Full Version : FREEMAN > MARIO

Shadz
10-17-2009, 10:17 PM
Gordan Freeman beat Mario in the All Time Greatest Video Game Hero competition. Cop that Nintendo, Valve whooped your ass...

http://au.gamespot.com/greatest-video-game-hero/standings/index.html

Fanboys will be crying

ChocoMint
10-18-2009, 01:30 AM
Who's Gordan Freeman...

And by the way Shadz, Mario totally beats anyone's ass...people probably didn't vote for him because they wanted the underdog to win for once, or they just have a fetish with Gordan Freeman.

Mario always wins because:
1. He is the most random video game hero ever. An Italian plumber, living in a Mushroom Kingdom, whose mortal enemy is an overgrown turtle with spikes, all created by a Japanese gaming company. Come up with something (that exists) more random than that, and I'll eat my DS.

2. Mario has been around for ages...27 years if I'm not mistaken (correct me if I am, I probably am). He has more experience at video games than anyone else.

3. The cool factor. Admit it - you've wanted to be Mario and save Peach at some time in your life.

5. He's a classic icon. Find me some un-isolated population who won't say "Mario" when you show them Nintendo's icon, and I'll eat my laptop as well.

That will be all. Open for cross-examination. (Debating inside joke, had to slip that in there :tongue: )

DeltaBurnt
10-18-2009, 01:57 AM
Gordon wins because he combine ass kicking, non talking, badass, the end.

Mario is a fat plumber that gets high on mushrooms.

benjaminlibl
10-18-2009, 02:33 AM
No, I don't know what you're on, but I never wanted to be Mario.

PharaohsVizier
10-18-2009, 03:08 AM
Honestly the Gamespot vote was pretty horrible.

Go on their forums, people didn't vote Gordon because they wanted him to win, they seemed to hate Mario and Link and anything Nintendo related. Now I'm not saying that Gordon shouldn't have gone far, but I can't believe he lost to Link.

Oh well, I suppose it is an interesting result, and Gordon is pretty awesome...

DeltaBurnt
10-18-2009, 10:57 AM
These votes are always crappy and really generic, and if they're not generic they're compromised by 4chan.

briankealing
10-18-2009, 04:03 PM
Who's Gordan Freeman...

And by the way Shadz, Mario totally beats anyone's ass...people probably didn't vote for him because they wanted the underdog to win for once, or they just have a fetish with Gordan Freeman.

Mario always wins because:
1. He is the most random video game hero ever. An Italian plumber, living in a Mushroom Kingdom, whose mortal enemy is an overgrown turtle with spikes, all created by a Japanese gaming company. Come up with something (that exists) more random than that, and I'll eat my DS.

2. Mario has been around for ages...27 years if I'm not mistaken (correct me if I am, I probably am). He has more experience at video games than anyone else.

3. The cool factor. Admit it - you've wanted to be Mario and save Peach at some time in your life.

5. He's a classic icon. Find me some un-isolated population who won't say "Mario" when you show them Nintendo's icon, and I'll eat my laptop as well.

That will be all. Open for cross-examination. (Debating inside joke, had to slip that in there :tongue: )
1. Drink it in, pal! Aliens have taken over the world, and earth has given up. Gordon's mortal enemies are figures with gas masks. And zombies. And headcrabs. And manhacks. And gigantic helicopters that drop these orb-like bomb things. All created by a company cooler than a random Japanese game company.
2. "He has more experience at video games"
wat? Does this mean he sits in his house playing NES?
3. Not really. I've wanted to be gordon and save the world.

You skipped 4.

5. Africa.

ChocoMint
10-18-2009, 05:06 PM
Come to think of it, shouldn't this be in the General Gaming forum?