PDA

View Full Version : best screen protector??

bingbangbooley
07-16-2007, 02:46 PM
For me so far the Martin Fields has been brilliant, not too expensive and very durable, easy to get on and off as well. Not tried a Hori though, has anyone tried both or know of an even better one??

johnny9562001
07-16-2007, 03:25 PM
the best screen protectors are the hori, u can get them for 1.37 plus free shipping at dealextreme.com
they say they are fake but they are exact clones that work the same since i had both. you wont be a ble to tell the difference even if you try, trust me ; )

PharaohsVizier
07-16-2007, 08:08 PM
I have tried many, many, many, many screen protectors before (on different applications, but also sampled on the DS screens), and I have to say that the Hori screen protectors are the best. I have been reusing a set for quite a while now, peeling them off, putting it on another DS, etc, and they still look and work brilliantly. The dragon screen protectors work quite well too, and it is a cheaper alternative. I just have to say, don't skimp out on your screen protectors, it is well worth the money to protect your screens.

bingbangbooley
07-17-2007, 04:25 AM
I have tried many, many, many, many screen protectors before (on different applications, but also sampled on the DS screens), and I have to say that the Hori screen protectors are the best. I have been reusing a set for quite a while now, peeling them off, putting it on another DS, etc, and they still look and work brilliantly. The dragon screen protectors work quite well too, and it is a cheaper alternative. I just have to say, don't skimp out on your screen protectors, it is well worth the money to protect your screens.

I agree screen protectors are worth paying for, will try the hori from dealextreme.com, it'll probably arrive by the time the martin fields is dead!

The Big Wax
07-17-2007, 07:04 PM
I got the same screen protectors from dx and they are great. No problems so far.

Damaged
07-17-2007, 07:54 PM
I ordered 2 screen savers from DX, thanks for tip, Johnny.

johnny9562001
07-17-2007, 08:08 PM
well when you get them, please tell me your satisfaction and my brother just put his ones on and his very happy to have taken my word for it. I hope you really enjoy them too.

moudugenou
07-18-2007, 02:09 AM
I have good echoes about Brando screen protectors... They have a very good reputation in the PDA sector...

h8uthemost
07-18-2007, 09:50 PM
By far the Hori screen protectors(like everyone else has already stated). I did try this other brand called Invisi Shield, and I thought they were crap. I guess they are the strongest protectors on the market(just go to their site and watch their test video).

But first, you have to spray the protector, and your DS with this liquid stuff. So I was afraid that was going to get into the inside of the DS and mess something up. And then, it was a pain in the ass to align the screen protector properly. And finally, the screen protector is very glossy. So it made it kind of difficult to see what was going on, on the screen when you were playing a game. So that sucked. And also, that glossy finish made the touch screen very un-responsive.

So anyways, I wouldn't go with any other brand but Hori. They definitely are the best screen protectors for the DS.

nolanvoid
07-18-2007, 10:12 PM
Have to agree, Hori all the way. I used the ones that came in a "mega pack" from gamestop.. was seriously dissapointed

deckard
07-21-2007, 02:18 AM
I heard Hori are the best, which is also why there are so many hori fakes on the ebay.

Bubii
08-05-2007, 07:21 AM
yay! i got my Hori screen protectors from dx!
Damaged ordered for us and finally they arrived :D
I was very happy so I made this.. lol. psp rules! (paint shop pro not playstation portable :P)

http://img522.imageshack.us/img522/7711/yaynomorescgz0.jpg

Damaged
08-05-2007, 07:38 AM
Actually it's the Hori fake.. but it should be the same (quality-wise)
Maybe they mistakenly sent us Hori? :D

Bubii
08-05-2007, 08:18 AM
I dunno.
It looks like the original logo and it has the original website address.
o_o

PharaohsVizier
08-05-2007, 12:42 PM
Lol, I just ordered 10 fake Hori screen protectors from DX. You better be right about the quality johnny.... I hope they get here soon, my old used real Hori is starting to die from being reused over and over from multiple DS's. The interesting thing is that I bought the Hori locally, these 10 fakes cost less than the one genuine Hori.

johnny9562001
08-05-2007, 12:49 PM
well just look at bubii, he was happy and im positve he didnt get any real version by mistake, even though i did received different ones on dealextreem the 2 times i order, but both were the same as superior as the original, just trust me on this one.

PharaohsVizier
08-05-2007, 02:57 PM
I trust you, that's why I bought them....

PharaohsVizier
08-18-2007, 09:31 PM
I received them yesterday. Here is what I think:
+The screen protector is pretty high quality, it feels fairly real compared to the Hori.
+The bottom screen is the same size as the bottom screen, unlike the Hori ones where they leave about a millimeter of space around the edges.
+The bottom screen is really smooth.
+They cost a whole lot less than Horis
+The packaging is decent, it comes with a nice cloth.
-The top screen is bigger than the top screen, so it caused some bubbles on the edges. I decided to trim the edges a bit, and it fits then.
-I bought 10, and out of the 3 packs of 2 that I opened, there were 2 screens that had bends of them, creating bubbles that just can't be gotten rid of no matter what.
-Overall, the screen protectors have this weird tint that is barely noticeable, but definitely not on the Hori ones.
-The screen protectors, although high quality and almost as good as Horis, just aren't as good as the Hori ones.

Basically, I will be buying this product again, I will recommend it to all my friends over the Hori protectors. As long as you trim the top screen beforehand, it should work flawlessly. They are higher quality than most screen protectors I have used, and far cheaper. And basically, if one of them don't work, just get another pack, they are $1.50! In fact, I started applying these screen protectors on different things now, I have a touch screen protector on my camera's screen, the top screen protector has been applied to my iPod, and basically, you can trim these down and use them on all sorts of stuff.

moudugenou
08-20-2007, 04:05 AM
I just receveid a couple of Brando "Protector Plus"...

I don't know how I could play without: the 'Anti Light Reflection' treatment is just fantastic. It gives a nice paper-like touch and when it's sunny I don't need to set the LCD light at max... And I can touch the screen with my finger ! There is no fingerprints !

I just don't recommand it for you, Bubii, cause you won't be able to use your DS as pocket mirror anymore.

(By the way, I can't tell if Hori fakes are the same as true Hori... I don't have bionic eyes...)