PDA

View Full Version : My NDS Lite

ZzzZilla
07-14-2007, 12:55 PM
It's a Polar white set from Australia, and it has the fabled left hinge crack.

Any idea if this might ever become a collectors item? :cyclopsani:

Enixcell
07-14-2007, 01:03 PM
i really dont think so. Just get it refurbished using the warranty.
:brilsmurf: <--smurf. :bounce:

PharaohsVizier
07-14-2007, 02:10 PM
Lol, if that's a collectors item, I must have given away millions when I returned them so many times. :)

johnny9562001
07-14-2007, 02:18 PM
you should really return before it gets worst and they start asking more question. when you return it just tell it recently happend like 1-2 weeks ago. i said it happen 2 months ago and almost didnt get it fix. its funny, everytime i return it i get a new one(refurbished, samething) but this they actually fix mine and send it back. my brother is getting his soon back, i wonder what he will get?????

ZzzZilla
07-14-2007, 02:45 PM
Haha... sadly, that's not an option for me.

Mine is an import. So there is no warranty for me. Worst, I got it the week before the local launch.

The crack's been there for like 4 months now. It started as a hairline crack before it became what ppl normally see being reported. It hasn't gotten any worst, so I'm not particularly worried about it. I'm just wondering if I should get some white cement to seal it up, or leave it as it is for history's sake :sign5:

mcp2
07-14-2007, 03:46 PM
White cement lol! You could just buy some SHOCK cases or ask Nintendo to ship you a black case and you could mixing and matching?

ZzzZilla
07-15-2007, 05:10 AM
Nah... I would never want to tamper with my DS lite like that. I didn't even want to flash it for fear of bricking it, so I went and bought a Superpass.

But even the superpass is giving me problems lately. Seems it has a preferred position and any deviation from it makes the passme unreadable. So now I dare not even take it out to recalibrate my touchscreen...

mcp2
07-15-2007, 09:12 AM
Wrong thread?

ZzzZilla
07-15-2007, 03:05 PM
Er... not really. I was saying I wouldn't use the SHOCK! cases for fear of screwing up.

And the second part was just me going off tangent :toothy10:

mcp2
07-15-2007, 03:28 PM
LOL sorry. You could try getting a professional to replace it, one with warranty maybe, and then you could make them screw up on purpose so you get a new NDSL. Huh, how about?

Topspin
07-15-2007, 03:34 PM
Shock cases have been known to get the same left hinge crack...sadly

moudugenou
07-17-2007, 01:16 AM
Mine is an import. So there is no warranty for me. Worst, I got it the week before the local launch.
You should try to contact local support indeed.
Sometimes, they just don't care and act commercialy. E-mailing is free !

ZzzZilla
07-17-2007, 02:05 AM
The local distributor here is asking for S$50 bucks, and that's EVEN if you have a warranty. Nintendo just doesn't love my country....

obsoletion
07-17-2007, 02:28 AM
I don't know exactly where you're located ZzzZilla, but something that might work is drafting a nice letter to a local representative of Nintendo, or even to someone way up in the corporate ladder. I had a bad issue with a Panasonic toughbook that had a LCD failure. They wouldn't take it in for security, because LCD isn't covered normally. What I ended up doing is drafting a detailed letter stating my case and sending it to the head of tech support, the local head of Panasonic, as well as the corporate headquarters. Lo and behold, the next day I get a box sent to me for me to put my laptop in, got it repaired and returned within a week.

bingbangbooley
07-17-2007, 09:34 AM
I agree. A nice email stating the facts, to the head of tech support of nintendo for your region and I bet they'll fix it. It's like $5 worth of parts and an hours labour for a tech. Good PR for nintendo I say.

ZzzZilla
07-17-2007, 10:58 AM
I live in Singapore, in South East Asia. I don't think Nintendo even has an office in these parts.

obsoletion
07-17-2007, 01:03 PM
Yeah, sorry about that. According to Nintendo's corporate website, most of Asia's distribution, save Japan, is handled by Active Boeki <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.nintendo.com/corp/distributors.jsp#asia">http://www.nintendo.com/corp/distributors.jsp#asia</a><!-- m --> I don't know how much time you'd be out, but it seems like it might be worth the time to try and send them something. It's a shame that they would do that though. When the issue got so much visibility. It's not good business practice for Nintendo to admit to a potential manufacturing fault in one region, then not have the same service elsewhere. But I guess as with any corporation, it eventually does have to boil down to the numbers.