PDA

View Full Version : Riviera and PSP

h8uthemost
07-14-2007, 12:41 AM
I don't know how many of you own a PSP, and liked Riviera. But it just became available for download for the PSP.

It's really nice to see this game in widescreen format, and with crisper graphics. Plus, I never finished this game since I easily get side tracked by other games sometimes. So this will be a nice way to play it.

For the ones that don't know what this game is, it is a very excellent RPG that came out on the GBA by Atlus.

[M]artin
07-14-2007, 04:47 PM
Ah, nice. I was just debating with myself whether or not to start this or Yggdra Union...

I'm more of the Advance Wars type of guy so I was heavily leaning toward Yggdra as Riviera is more of the Adventure-type genre.

Both games are made by the same company, however, and they both do feature stunning visuals.

PharaohsVizier
07-14-2007, 06:10 PM
Awww I loved Riviera, but no money for a PSP. :(

ZzzZilla
07-15-2007, 06:52 AM
I still have Golden Sun. Riviera, Phastasy Star collections and Zelda from the GBA still on my 'to play list'. But I'm still too far behind in my DS section.

PSP wise, I don't have one, but I'm quite interested in Loco Roco, FF:BC and CC as well as Crush.

johnny9562001
07-15-2007, 12:31 PM
I still have Golden Sun. Riviera, Phastasy Star collections and Zelda from the GBA still on my 'to play list'. But I'm still too far behind in my DS section.

PSP wise, I don't have one, but I'm quite interested in Loco Roco, FF:BC and CC as well as Crush.

all of those are good games and game i wish they remade on the ds or make sequence to them on the ds. Riviera and GS just have excellent stories to them

[M]artin
07-15-2007, 05:03 PM
Just wondering, are there any new features included in the PSP version or is it just a direct port with optimized settings?

PharaohsVizier
07-15-2007, 05:22 PM
Haven't tried Phantasy Star yet, but one great game you are missing on that list in Sword of Mana, god I love that game.

RustyScrew
07-15-2007, 05:48 PM
I was thinking about buying a PSP before, but I went with the DS.

Now that the new model was announced at E3, I might buy it.

johnny9562001
07-16-2007, 01:39 AM
this model better be alot better than the old one. im not going to buy at launch, im going to wait till its review and that im satisfy with the results. i didn't really notice a difference in size in the e3 video, it only became a little smaller.

ZzzZilla
07-16-2007, 03:14 AM
Haven't tried Phantasy Star yet, but one great game you are missing on that list in Sword of Mana, god I love that game.

*scribblescribble*

It's now on the list!

@johnny9562001: All you need to know about the PSPslim

1) It's still not going to fit in your pocket.
2) (More importantly) It will have slightly better battery life.
3) (Not one cares but) UMD will now load faster.

h8uthemost
07-16-2007, 03:29 AM
artin"]Just wondering, are there any new features included in the PSP version or is it just a direct port with optimized settings?

Besides the crisper visuals and widescreen, there is voice acting(guess the whole game is voiced now), an extra episode, and an extra dungeon.

johnny9562001
07-16-2007, 03:43 AM
faster umd loader? your right who the hell cares about that. What i want is a faster psp(processor;500mhz) faster game loading. they better put a better analog stick in there, the old is kind of iffy, well i gives me cramps in my hand

h8uthemost
07-16-2007, 04:25 AM
Not only a better analog stick, but a better D-Pad. I actually might end up getting this new one.

I wonder what the stores gives on trade-ins with the older ones now that the price has gone down to $169 or whatever. Hop I can get at least a hundred out of it now.

PharaohsVizier
07-16-2007, 11:34 AM
Arrrrrrg, voice acting for Riviera.... It should have come out on the DS not that PSP junk! I need a PSP now... Maybe I can find an old one on eBay for uner $90 when the slim comes out.

h8uthemost
07-17-2007, 09:23 AM
Oh yeah, I'm sure you'll be able to find it around that or a $100 when the new one comes out. They're already at $169 new, so people won't get much more than $100 for them used. And yeah, I agree, they should have re-made a voice acted version for the DS. I have no idea why they would put it on the PSP. Maybe because of the power the PSP has, I don't know.

Definitely get one though. They really are ok handhelds. It's nowhere near in the DS' league, but there are a few pretty great games out for it. It's pretty nice to have a handheld version of Katamari. And I love the couple quirky games it has, like Loco Roco(one of my favorites), Every Extend Extra, and Crush. Also the FPS's are a lot better on this handheld.

But over all, it can't touch the DS. Not even close. But it's still nice to have.

faster umd loader? your right who the hell cares about that. What i want is a faster psp(processor;500mhz) faster game loading.

And actually, when you run custom firmware on the handheld, and download the PSP games(running them as ISO's), they load much quicker than what they do off of the UMD. Thank you to the hackers for custom firmware. Without it, the PSP would not be worth owning.

[M]artin
07-17-2007, 04:20 PM
I'm most likely going to sell off my old PSP Phat and put down some bones for the Slim when it comes out, I'm a sucker for hardware redesigns... V_V

It better be hackable, though...

h8uthemost
07-18-2007, 02:00 AM
Yeah, I might do this myself. Eventhough there isn't much a difference between the models, I would still rather have the newer, slimmer, model.

nolanvoid
07-18-2007, 10:35 PM
I don't know how many of you own a PSP, and liked Riviera. But it just became available for download for the PSP.

It's really nice to see this game in widescreen format, and with crisper graphics. Plus, I never finished this game since I easily get side tracked by other games sometimes. So this will be a nice way to play it.

For the ones that don't know what this game is, it is a very excellent RPG that came out on the GBA by Atlus.

Played it on GBA and loved, it.. Didnt know they made another version of it... I'd like to see a ds version as well

ZzzZilla
07-20-2007, 01:56 AM
1) It's still not going to fit in your pocket.
2) (More importantly) It will have slightly better battery life.
3) (Not one cares but) UMD will now load faster.

Correction:

PSPslim will not have better battery life. It will be worse due to the slimmer battery it will be using. It's still compatible with the older, fatter battery, but alas it would be slim no longer.

h8uthemost
07-20-2007, 11:06 PM
I actually thought I read that the battery life will longer now. Maybe I didn't read it though.

ZzzZilla
07-21-2007, 04:17 AM
Went to check my facts on QJ, and followed the link here.

http://www.pspfanboy.com/2007/07/19/the-truth-about-psp-lites-battery-life/

Supposedly it drops from 8~10 to around 5...