PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a Good Deal on a DS Lite?

TheNeck
07-09-2007, 01:44 PM
Does anybody know of a good deal for a DS Lite? I'm looking to get another one, ever since I got the cyclods evo this past monday Ive been hogging my daughters DS Lite from her, and she is not happy. :lol:

I have not be able to find a good deal online for a DS Lite, so I thought I would ask. Thanks

sinkhead
07-09-2007, 02:06 PM
They're still selling so well it's hard to find ones with lower prices, sometimes we see them around my area for 100 with a game and case but never any less than that.

- Sam

Enixcell
07-09-2007, 02:42 PM
since you live in the U.S, go to wal-mart. They always seem to have stuff or Circuit City. Got my ds lite for $100.

PharaohsVizier
07-09-2007, 02:47 PM
Generally I like to find the deals where they give you a free game. Take that free game and sell it back out. The best deal was when Pokemon came out.

johnny9562001
07-09-2007, 07:56 PM
since you live in the U.S, go to wal-mart. They always seem to have stuff or Circuit City. Got my ds lite for $100.

you got your ds lite for a $100 brand new at a store? to hard to believe since like they sadi, these things are selling like pancakes. I hear it outsell the psp about a ratio of 4:1.

TheNeck
07-09-2007, 11:07 PM
I have a psp also, but I finally understand why the DS out sells the psp 4 to 1

DS games are alot more fun, and addicting, yeah the graphics on the psp are awesome, but you need to have fun sometimes as well.

Yeah I just have to keep watch for a deal on a DS lite bundle.

Enixcell
07-11-2007, 12:21 AM
you got your ds lite for a $100 brand new at a store? to hard to believe since like they sadi, these things are selling like pancakes. I hear it outsell the psp about a ratio of 4:1.

They Had A sale. :D

MoNoXiD3
07-11-2007, 04:01 PM
Buy a couple more and sell em to people for a profit^^

I bought my ds at 139.99$.

Neonix
07-12-2007, 01:03 AM

They Had A sale. :D
Wow, lucky. My DS Lite cost me a good $150.

mcp2
07-12-2007, 11:48 AM
$150 now that's cheap compared to the UK, they sell for 100/$200 here. Pisstake.

bingbangbooley
07-16-2007, 02:55 PM
Dead right, if your daughter already has one then buy one from japan in a cool colour and use her charger.

TheNeck
07-16-2007, 04:19 PM
Which site is best for ordering a japanese ds lite from? play-asia.com?

Thanks

obsoletion
07-16-2007, 09:30 PM
From the poor college student perspective, I went and bought my DS lite used through Craigslist. I was able to meet the guy in person, and got one in perfect condition with 8 months still on the warranty, all while saving a good deal of cash. Still came with everything that was in the box, as well as some screen protectors and a case as well.

If money is no issue, all of the various retailers should have them. <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.instocktracker.com/dslite/">http://www.instocktracker.com/dslite/</a><!-- m --> gives you a list of all of the various prices, as well as availability at the stores

PharaohsVizier
07-16-2007, 09:37 PM
One of my DS Lites are also from craigslist. I must say that it didn't come in the best condition, however, it did come with warrantee. Thankfully the touchscreen died on me (not touch sensitive anymore), thus I got to return it for a brand new one.

johnny9562001
07-16-2007, 09:56 PM
i feel bad, but when i see that my dslite is getting a little jack up or messed up, its black so you can tell the scratches so easily, i bricked and send it and get a new one(refurbished actually but its new to me). but thats what warranty is for and besides that ds i sent gets back and rebuild, made like new so nintendo still doesnt loose anything really. glad you got a new one pharohsvizier because this time i got back my own, they actually fix it. its funny because me and my brother messed them up on the same day thanks to a defective flash cart and send them the same day but he got a new one. WTF!!!!!! just because he was BLACK and his White. LOL

PharaohsVizier
07-16-2007, 09:59 PM
The walk-in centers just give you brand new (refurbished :)) ones, not fixed ones because they want you out of there asap.

obsoletion
07-16-2007, 10:02 PM
Having done tech support, I'm not too sure bricking a device for the purpose of getting a new/refurbished one back is all too kosher. The warranty is there in the case of their product failing or if there's a problem with it due to manufacturing defects. Sometimes in the case of unreasonable damage or whatnot. But if cosmetic damage is occurring to your device, which by all means should be expected, I don't think it's all too ethical to go off and do that. Sure they might not lose out because they can repair that device, but there's still shipping, labor costs, parts, and whatnot involved in the return of your "broken" device. All for the sake of a couple of cosmetic blemishes that occur during use, that ultimately you are responsible for.

PharaohsVizier
07-16-2007, 11:55 PM
I would say that it is not right to abuse the generosity of Nintendo as well, but I have to say, they are setting themselves up. I had to return my DS Lites so many times, legitemately.

obsoletion
07-17-2007, 12:36 AM
It makes sense to repeatedly legitimately return a device. If they are selling a device at that price, they should be prepared to stand behind it. As was the case with the white DS lite hinge situation, Nintendo handled that admirably and was willing to exchange or offer repairs, because it was a legitimate problem that appeared all over the place. There's a big difference in my mind behind using a system for what it was meant for, and purposefully abusing it for your own ends.

Then again, who am I to judge, I bought a flash cart that, no matter what anyone says, is most often used for playing ROM dumps as opposed to homebrew. Although I personally make it a habit to purchase all those games that I got good playtime from and thoroughly enjoyed.

ZzzZilla
07-17-2007, 01:40 AM
I just have to make a quick comment about the broken hinge thingy.

Nintendo apparently only has good customer after-service in its bigger, more profitable regions. Where I am at, they hand such stuff to an exclusive distributor (which sucks awful balls). With reference to the hinge crack, these cracks make an offer to repair the damage for S$50 when elsewhere Nintendo is offering it for free...

deckard
07-17-2007, 11:12 PM
usually wal mart, circuit city or toys r us have good deals and free games with ds purchase