PDA

View Full Version : DSOne

h8uthemost
07-07-2007, 09:31 PM
After spending sometime with the Supercard DSOne that I got a couple days ago, I'm really starting to like it. It's definitely not my favorite slot 1 though. The CycloDS and G6 Real blow it away, in my opinion.

I'm guessing you still haven't gotten your review DSOne cart yet Pharaoh? Well, when you do, and you start testing it out for the review, can you do me a favor?

Can you take BiA (U) and Wario Master of Disguise (U), and trim them both, then run them on the cart? BiA trimmed, won't get past the first screen. And Wario trimmed, freezes when you enter the start menu.

I tried trimming them with my three favorite trimmers. NDSTokyo, EZ Trim, and the R4 Trimmer. When I trim games with these three trimmers, the game runs just perfectly on my other carts. So I'm convinced it's something to do with the DSOne, or it's firmware.

So if you can test that out, I would really appreciate. :D

Thanks

PharaohsVizier
07-08-2007, 12:13 AM
Unfortunately my review cart hasn't arrived yet, but I will be sure to test it out when I get it. My favorite trimmer is the CycloDS Evolution trimmer, RSATrim.

h8uthemost
07-08-2007, 05:50 AM
Oh yeah? I haven't used that trimmer yet. I'll give it a try though.

The games trimmed with that trimmer will work on other carts right?

sinkhead
07-08-2007, 10:14 AM
Oh yeah? I haven't used that trimmer yet. I'll give it a try though.

The games trimmed with that trimmer will work on other carts right?
Yup, they do.

- Sam

MoNoXiD3
07-08-2007, 09:19 PM
Wow, I still have a cheap slot-2 EZFlash 4 that Someone (who shall remain nameless *cough*pharoahsvizier*cough*) pawned off on me.

MosQto
07-08-2007, 10:13 PM
I like my EZFlash IV lite, it never leaves my DSlite. I use mine strictly for GBA roms. I got the 3 in 1 as well but I really don't like the rumble feature on during games...it kinda freaks me out when it is vibrating in my hands.

Enixcell
07-09-2007, 12:19 AM
I love my r4 and hated my Ds one cuz it wouldnt take any of my micro sds. Picky barstard

johnny9562001
07-09-2007, 02:05 AM
I like my EZFlash IV lite, it never leaves my DSlite. I use mine strictly for GBA roms. I got the 3 in 1 as well but I really don't like the rumble feature on during games...it kinda freaks me out when it is vibrating in my hands.

I also love my ez4 deluxe lite, i have no complains. Everything i want to play works perfectly. I did notice that it take a little longer to load games, for ex, the supercard lite load ds roms instanly that because it doesnt have a ram pack though therfore it load thems directly/instanly. But who cares? whats a difference a 5 or even six second of loading games play perfectly and thats all that i care.

PharaohsVizier
07-09-2007, 02:29 AM
Wow, I still have a cheap slot-2 EZFlash 4 that Someone (who shall remain nameless *cough*pharoahsvizier*cough*) pawned off on me.

I sold it to you for so cheap... It was pretty good at the time...

johnny9562001
07-09-2007, 02:39 AM
was it the ez4 mini sd, microsd, compact or deluxe version? there are so many ez4

sinkhead
07-09-2007, 02:03 PM
I love my r4 and hated my Ds one cuz it wouldnt take any of my micro sds. Picky barstard
I totally agree, the R4 takes basically any MicroSD

- Sam

PharaohsVizier
07-09-2007, 08:02 PM
Better than a broken original Supercard DS ONE...

Still haven't received my cart yet, but I have been looking at some of the firmwares and features it has, and I am quite impressed.

h8uthemost
07-09-2007, 09:09 PM
I'm loving my DSOne. I like it way more than the R4...I think. It just has a couple cool features. I have nothing but Japan made microsd's, so I can't really comment on the DSOne running like crap on other microsd's. But I do know that a couple games on the R4 lockup if you don't have a Japan made microsd.

So all slot 1's are heavily depended on the type of microsd. Cept'...for maybe the EZ V.

sinkhead
07-10-2007, 02:41 AM
I'm loving my DSOne. I like it way more than the R4...I think. It just has a couple cool features. I have nothing but Japan made microsd's, so I can't really comment on the DSOne running like crap on other microsd's. But I do know that a couple games on the R4 lockup if you don't have a Japan made microsd.

So all slot 1's are heavily depended on the type of microsd. Cept'...for maybe the EZ V.
In my experiences the R4 will attempt to use any MicroSD you throw at it, even if it does result in slowdowns/glitches. The SCDS1 will not even attempt to run the game, it will just lock up or freeze.

- Sam

PharaohsVizier
07-10-2007, 12:01 PM
The R4 isn't very picky, however, the problematic games lock up. For the DS Link, it is the same thing, except a little bit slower.

h8uthemost
07-11-2007, 02:11 AM
In my experiences the R4 will attempt to use any MicroSD you throw at it, even if it does result in slowdowns/glitches. The SCDS1 will not even attempt to run the game, it will just lock up or freeze.

- Sam

Yeah, when I first got my R4, I had a Sandisk and Kingston Taiwan. And Ouendan and EBA gave me slowdowns, and PoR and Downhill Jam would lock up. But all other games seemed to run fine. But to me, that wasn't good enough. I had to get me a fast microsd. I want all my games to run at full speed.

EDIT:

And I gotta say, I am impressed again by my DSOne. Not being able to run those couple trimmed games did piss me off. But I've got a 2GB card, and those are the only two I've came across that won't run while trimmed. So I guess that isn't too bad.

Now I've been messing with the Realtime Guide. I mean...how cool is that? Granted, I hardly ever have to use a guide, and especially not for DS games.

But that hard puzzle may pop in a game that you can't figure out(possibly in the upcoming Zelda?), and instead of stopping what you're doing, going and firing up the computer and getting to a guide, you just hit L+R+Start+Down, and the guide pops right up on your DS.

That's a pretty freakin' cool feature. I've put three guides on my microsd so far. And eventhough I might not ever have to use them, it's nice to know they are there. This would really come in handy for all the gamers out there that are guide dependent. I wish every slot 1 had this feature.

PharaohsVizier
07-11-2007, 12:14 PM
Guess what h8? I just got my Supercard DS ONE in the mail today! Can't wait to try out all those features!

h8uthemost
07-11-2007, 09:38 PM
Sweet Pharaoh! Bout' freakin' time. :) Isn't such a good feeling having a brand new flashcart show up?

So anyways, I think you'll be a little more impressed with than you were with your v1. Hopefully. Oh...and could please try trimming those two games I mentioned, and see if they run ok for you?

And please let us know when you get the review up.

Zombie_X
07-13-2007, 12:41 AM
I hear the the newest batch od the SC DSOne's don't have the cart-getting-stuck defect anymore. I also heard that they actually don't seem to fail like the 1st batch. If that's true I will pick up one for review.

h8uthemost
07-14-2007, 12:25 AM
What was the cart-getting-stuck defect? Getting stuck in the DS because of the chip? If so, then the chip doesn't affect anything at all. It sits totally flush with the cart. Although you know it's there, because of the outline of the sticker. But if you run your finger over the sticker, there's no bump.

Also, the one I received came in white. I really like that since it matches my DS. Definitely get one for review. It's one of my favorite carts.