PDA

View Full Version : Rate a franchise!

FEFL
01-10-2010, 06:40 PM
There's too much shovelware on the DSLite/DSi, so I thought a topic about good franchises would be pretty cool. 1-10, generic ratings. You could go into detail, but it's not needed. You can post however many franchises you want.

Phoenix Wright Franchise: 8/10. To me, it really makes you think and feel like a lawyer. It may sound boring, but the story makes you love the game. What's a game without gameplay, though? Throwing OBJECTION!'s around and presenting evidence to prove your client innocent never felt so good. :D You may even relate to the characters.

PharaohsVizier
01-10-2010, 07:32 PM
Good idea. :)

Luminous Arc Series

7/10

First off I like the SRPG genre, so naturally the games appeal to me. They are done pretty decently, I'll have to admit they don't do anything real special though. What they do succeed in is the fantastic storyline in the first game and of course the cute characters. The music is pretty good, presentation is quite nice. But the real sneaky thing they did was handing out the artbooks and CD's for people who preordered. It got me buying, and I'm happy to do so. One of the very few games I own on the DS is from this franchise, or rather... series.

DeltaBurnt
01-10-2010, 07:58 PM
I'm on the last case of the 3rd Phoenix Wright game and I really like alot of these stories and twists.

(Some Spoilers) I love how in the last case of the 3rd Phoenix Wright game you have to run around and get information as Edgeworth, I also love the bringing back of Dahlia and being able to play as Mia in the courtroom in a flashback a couple times(end of spoilers)

Shadz
01-10-2010, 08:01 PM
Final Fantasy Tactics: 9/10

shadowhunter
01-10-2010, 09:41 PM
Nah Shadz, more like Final Fantasy series in general.

Score: 10/10. The games are intuitive, well thought of, with good attention to details, and featuring superb graphics...for a handheld.

Rockstar
01-10-2010, 10:00 PM
Kingdom Hearts 9/10
I love the story and the fact its a hack and slash game makes me love it!

DeltaBurnt
01-10-2010, 10:40 PM
Nah Shadz, more like Final Fantasy series in general.

Score: 10/10. The games are intuitive, well thought of, with good attention to details, and featuring superb graphics...for a handheld.

I hope you're not giving the Final Fantasy series as a whole a 10/10 maybe just maybe for Final Fantasy Tactics but not for the main Final Fantasy. While they're good they're not original, god knows that the only reason people love the series is because they're first RPG was most likely Final Fantasy or they have good memories of old Final Fantasys.

Final Fantasy is great but not perfect in anyway.

(off topic but your signature is a little outdated, technically Rockstar is the newest blogger)

Shadz
01-11-2010, 06:42 AM
To be honest, I didn't fancy the Final Fantasy IV (I think) on DS. I just never got into it. Yet Crystal Chronicles, I got into, and the Tactics ones, I clocked over 250 hours total on them. I was mainly stating the FFTA series, but the Final Fantasy in its entirety would easily get a 9/10 for me, especially with the movies and FFX (Best game ever?)

DeltaBurnt
01-11-2010, 08:23 AM
To be honest, I didn't fancy the Final Fantasy IV (I think) on DS. I just never got into it. Yet Crystal Chronicles, I got into, and the Tactics ones, I clocked over 250 hours total on them. I was mainly stating the FFTA series, but the Final Fantasy in its entirety would easily get a 9/10 for me, especially with the movies and FFX (Best game ever?)

Yah Crystal Chronicles is pretty awesome. However the tactics one for the PSP is really hard, it really does take some well thought out plans and training for each and every battle.

I'd say FFX was one of the better ones. In my opinion 6, 8, 9, and 10 all are the best in my heart.

Jakob15
01-11-2010, 09:31 AM
Pheonix Wrights.
9/10
Really fun game and is really intresting off what happens next. The story is brilliant. Only reason I gave it a 9 is because I wish is was longer because its that good.

Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days
6/10
It was fun the first 2 weeks but now idc about it the story was pretty good but it was REALLY boring. The missions kept repeating them selves. And there isn't anything to do after you beet story mode and mission mode. Also the game was really short I beet it in 2 days... Kingdom Hearts 2 was better took me about 4-6 months to beet it. Still didn't beet Kingdom Hearts 1 yet 2 years past but I don't play it like ever.

benjaminlibl
01-11-2010, 04:54 PM
Jakob.You tell people to correct their grammar, but you yourself keep saying things like "beet it. just beet it."

DeltaBurnt
01-11-2010, 06:07 PM
Pheonix Wrights.
9/10
Really fun game and is really intresting off what happens next. The story is brilliant. Only reason I gave it a 9 is because I wish is was longer because its that good.

Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days
6/10
It was fun the first 2 weeks but now idc about it the story was pretty good but it was REALLY boring. The missions kept repeating them selves. And there isn't anything to do after you beet story mode and mission mode. Also the game was really short I beet it in 2 days... Kingdom Hearts 2 was better took me about 4-6 months to beet it. Still didn't beet Kingdom Hearts 1 yet 2 years past but I don't play it like ever.

We're rating franchises, not individual game :\

shadowhunter
01-11-2010, 06:50 PM
off topic but your signature is a little outdated, technically Rockstar is the newest blogger

It's not outdated, what are you talking about? Check it again!

DeltaBurnt
01-11-2010, 07:17 PM
It's not outdated, what are you talking about? Check it again!

Lol, my eyes must be going bad.

shadowhunter
01-11-2010, 07:22 PM
I love doing that to people and waiting for their responses.

DeltaBurnt
01-11-2010, 07:38 PM
I love doing that to people and waiting for their responses.

Lol, I should try and do that more often. But I hope you realize my response was sarcastic xD

shadowhunter
01-11-2010, 07:48 PM
Really? I didn't know that at all!

DeltaBurnt
01-11-2010, 08:23 PM
Really? I didn't know that at all!

Seriously!? LOL!

Ooooh wait...i see wat you did thar!

shadowhunter
01-11-2010, 10:26 PM
HAHA my initial response if you didn't know was to put it in a BIG spoiler box with bold and underline print and write "Likewise." Too bad you caught on. :(

DeltaBurnt
01-11-2010, 11:04 PM
Wait...what?

Too many sarcasms and things that could be sarcastic cause a major mash up of to the point where you're like one of those crazy people where you can't trust anyone.

But this is really off topic we should get back on (jumps on the topic). HIYAAH! Go lassy! Onward into the horizon!

shadowhunter
01-12-2010, 12:33 AM
*ahem* Sooooo, another rating would be the Pokemon franchise. I found them fun and interesting. Very time consuming, good for road trips. Go Soul Silver!!

Score 9.5/10

FEFL
01-15-2010, 01:31 AM
There's only one game out for the DS but this franchise's products are all over Nintendo's systems. Of course, I'm talking about Fire Emblem.

Fire Emblem: My second favorite series. Fire Emblem's stories are pretty interesting, besides FE 1 for the DS (Shadow Dragon), anyway. On Hard Mode, the games are actually fairly challenging and Easy/Normal (usually the same, PoR and RD have both) are good tutorials/practice for first-time players. It's a SRPG, and you move in a huge grid, like FF Tactics, but much more scenic. It's like any other RPG, customization of characters (somewhat) and their weapons/magic, involving story, and fun gameplay. It's like rock-paper-scissors, except with swords, axes, and lances (swords beats axes and so on). Extremely fun overall, and if you haven't already, give Fire Emblem (GBA), or FE: SD (DS) a try.

9.8/10

PharaohsVizier
01-15-2010, 01:48 AM
Tetris, only 1 on DS, but countless others.

10/10! :) No game asides from Tetris could keep me addicted for what, 10 years, and still counting!