PDA

View Full Version : Nintendo Wii - Yay or Nay?

PharaohsVizier
01-25-2010, 10:00 PM
It seems there has been several times this forum sparked up a war between the Nintendo Wii and some other console, or perhaps more specifically whether the Nintendo Wii is a worthy console or not.

This thread is for INTELLIGENT DISCUSSION ONLY, which means no flaming, no name calling or anything else that are obviously not allowed on the forum. This is a clean discussion for people to provide their honest opinions about the console, hopefully backed up with facts.

Rockstar
01-26-2010, 02:24 AM
hell yeah there are so many great wii single player games that keep you hooked:
Okami
Twilight Princess
Super Mario Galaxy
Smash Bros Brawl
Final Fantasy Crystal Bearers
Fire Emblem
Wii Sports(Resort)
Pheonix Wright If You Don't Have A DS
Call OF Duty Modern Warfare Reflex(Played 7hours straight yesterday)
Conduit
Tatsunoku VS Capcom(Will release in a few hours)
Resident Evil 4(Best RE Game from all consoles)
the list goes on...

As you can see the great amount of single player games its a great console for single player and NO its not JUST a party console but yeah it does the jobe a a party console too with great titles like wii sports and mario kart to back it up the wii is great

Shadz
01-26-2010, 07:12 AM
I think that the Wii features a larger list of games for a group of people as opposed to single-player games. Many of the SP games, such as SSBB, Mario Kart, etc. are only enhanced through limited online gameplay. The Wii however, is good for groups, with games like mario and sonic, wii sports, wii fit, as they are amusing to play and watch others play. However, many of these games SP are quite boring. Some of the other above games, SSBB, etc, are good SP and MP, but due to limited online capabilities, the MP can be a bit laggy, sometimes even buggy/glitchy (Falling through the middle of a floor for no apparent reason as Captain Falcon).

Compared to PS3/X360, the Wii just doesn't compare in terms of online/graphics/replayability or SP/MP. However, it does outshine both of these in terms of MP at the same console (4 players or more).

My vote: Nay

Jakob15
01-26-2010, 08:43 AM
I think that the Wii features a larger list of games for a group of people as opposed to single-player games. Many of the SP games, such as SSBB, Mario Kart, etc. are only enhanced through limited online gameplay. The Wii however, is good for groups, with games like mario and sonic, wii sports, wii fit, as they are amusing to play and watch others play. However, many of these games SP are quite boring. Some of the other above games, SSBB, etc, are good SP and MP, but due to limited online capabilities, the MP can be a bit laggy, sometimes even buggy/glitchy (Falling through the middle of a floor for no apparent reason as Captain Falcon).

Compared to PS3/X360, the Wii just doesn't compare in terms of online/graphics/replayability or SP/MP. However, it does outshine both of these in terms of MP at the same console (4 players or more).

My vote: Nay

+1. Most of all my friends who had a Wii either sold it or never play it because it sucks. The games are mostly shovelware you get bored of those games within a month unlike PS3 games which you won't get bored for a long time. And the Wii does have a limited online play which does suck.

Rockstar
01-26-2010, 09:01 AM
No More Heroes 2
And
Tatsunoko VS Capcom
Both have been dumped adding to the wiis great library of games which I can DOWNLOAD and put on my HACKED wii without the fear off being BANNED online :P

DeltaBurnt
01-26-2010, 05:36 PM
+1. Most of all my friends who had a Wii either sold it or never play it because it sucks. The games are mostly shovelware you get bored of those games within a month unlike PS3 games which you won't get bored for a long time. And the Wii does have a limited online play which does suck.

You seriously need to stop flip flopping your opinions just so you can look cooler to some people. You were begging for a wii and raging lockerz for not sending you one a couple months ago.

@Shadz, seriously please don't say all that stuff like "Wii is made for groups" because I can tell by that that you probably don't have one yourself. I've played split screen or online multiplayer maybe 10 times total out of the 3 years I've had my Wii. All the games I play (that are also awesome) are insanely enjoyable without any other people playing with me.

PharaohsVizier
01-26-2010, 08:20 PM
Jakob likes things he owns, and if he doesn't have one, he doesn't like it.

DeltaBurnt
01-26-2010, 08:36 PM

Ha, that's funny. But I have to agree :P

shadowhunter
01-26-2010, 08:43 PM
LOL I remember the lockerz wii rage! And Pharaoh's post...so true

PharaohsVizier
01-26-2010, 09:18 PM
I don't think Shadz is far off saying the Wii is for multiplayer. I mean we can argue till we are blue in the face with examples that don't fit with the general trend, but the Wii is generally advertised as a party console or something the whole family can play with.

Jakob15
01-26-2010, 09:49 PM

Not necessarily. I love the Droid Eris or the Moto Droid but I don't have it. I would love to get a new computer or a new TV. And I like the PS3 but don't have one. I love the DSi but I don't have one too.

FEFL
01-26-2010, 11:44 PM
I agree with PV.

I put other, because it's a little complicated. Like the DS, there's so much shovelware, along with crappy hardware that it seems unappealing (and is very unappealing) to teens. A lot of people I know have a Wii, and I know almost the same amount of people who don't, because they weren't always gamers. Since these people weren't always gamers, they don't know jack-shi* about Nintendo, and are only focusing on the HD and graphical aspects of the video game market. Where does this put Nintendo? On a whole, Nintendo still dominates, but the consoles are considered to be "below expectations."

It's not like people don't know about shovelware. They can see Nintendo wants to make a quick buck with their terrible games, and they see so much that they think that's all the Wii has besides family games. Which is actually kind of true in some aspects, if that makes any sense.

I own a Wii. What games do I like? Fire Emblem, Super Smash Bros., Mario Kart, Mario, Zelda, etc. The classics. Those games still come out, but not as much as any real Wii gamer would like them to be released. Do I enjoy the Wii? You bet. That's why Nintendo is so successful. They only need to release one of each of their classics for all of the world to love it! And they still don't do that sometimes! It's a little frustrating.

NOTE: My post isn't very well-thought out. It's sloppy, and more like a rant...sorry lol.