PDA

View Full Version : GOT a DSi TODAY!!

Jakob15
01-29-2010, 08:36 PM
I finally got a DSi today. I bought it used for $152. First thing I did on it was the Camera I was extremely disappointed because it was so slow. But then I checked and saw that I still was on 1.3U so I updated now the camera got a little faster but the quality is worst than my old Nokia phone. Anyways I saw that it had no DSiWare games inside it probably because GameStop deletes the DSiWare when they buy the DSi from someone. Luckily I found a YouTube video and it taught me how to get my old DSiWare games that I downloaded before and deleted so I went to DSiWare shop and pressed Settings and pressed titles you have Downloaded and found out that the prevoius user got WarioWare Snapped and Bird and Beans. So I downloaded those 2 and the DSi Browser and Flipnotes. I hate WarioWare Snapped the game sucks. Also I have 300 points on this DSi already because of the last owner. So I am probably going to buy something for 200 points and then make a new account for myself. What do you think I should buy in the DSiWare shop or save up for something new?

FEFL
01-29-2010, 09:28 PM
I think you should save up for something new.

Jakob15
01-29-2010, 10:05 PM
Alright also can I save my passwords on web sites.

Rockstar
01-29-2010, 10:51 PM
save up 800 points and get rayman other good titles are:
dragon quest
mario vs donkeykong
paper airplane crash
blazblue(soon to be released and its looking great)
starship defense
AiRace
Asphalt Racing
Mighty Flip Champs
Real Soccer 09
Guitar Rock Tour

also did you like the upgrade from the lite?

BoxShot
01-29-2010, 11:10 PM
He upgraded from after going through 6 ds lites I think? Oh well anyways yay for you.

Rockstar
01-29-2010, 11:28 PM
6?! HOLY SHIT!

FEFL
01-29-2010, 11:30 PM
Lucky! I only had one DS and it got stolen...

shadowhunter
01-30-2010, 12:03 AM
In my opinion, DSiWare is a waste of money. I don't know why, I just was never interested in the stuff.

BoxShot
01-30-2010, 12:03 AM
I only have 1 ds and guess what its still pretty much new with minor scratches! Yes 6 Rocky just like how many dsl/dsi that you have traded. (dunno how many you traded but I remember you traded a dsl for a dsi and vice versa a lot or so. oh and I think you were the one who said they had a ds phat but it got run over? could be wrong person)

Rockstar
01-30-2010, 12:06 AM
ive had 4
1 phat that got run over
1 lite
traded lite for i
dsi shoulder buttons broke in 3 months
I got a refund
bought a new metallic blue dsi on black Friday and yeah i know i wasted lots of money but now im sticking to the blue dsi

PharaohsVizier
01-30-2010, 03:51 AM
Congrats! Although you should take better care of it than your DS Lites... :P

Jakob15
01-30-2010, 09:09 AM
I actually had 5 DS lites and 1 DS phat. And one of those DS lites was the blue/black one and I gave it to my cousin its in perfect condition everything works. And the DS phat I also gave to my cousin but the hinge broke after 2 years. So in total I actually REALLY had 4 DS lites and I didn't buy any of them except my first one. These are my 4 DS lites I had.
1st: White, Bought it if I pressed the B button the DS turned off.

2nd: White, Traded my first DS lite that was broken for this brand new one with this kid that said idc I could fix it. Hinge broke after a year or so. This one had a messed up touch screen too.

3rd: White, Friend gave to me for free but with a broken hinge but still playable. The ribbon ripped completely in 2 months after he gave it to me.

4th: Black, the one I currently have Touch screen is messed up replaced the Touchscreen after and worked for 3 months then Touchscreen messed up again. I am selling this DS lite to my brothers baby sitter for $100 bucks lol.
.................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ...

Anyways the upgrade from the DS lite was great the DSi Browser is faster and I could finally play Scriblenauts again. I don't like the buttons though they are kinda like the GBA SP buttons.

Rockstar
01-30-2010, 09:25 AM
does your have a matte finish?

DeltaBurnt
01-30-2010, 10:04 AM
In my opinion, DSiWare is a waste of money. I don't know why, I just was never interested in the stuff.

DSiWare is actually a pretty good way to pass the time. It's just there's alot of the bad stuff mixed with the good. Kind of like the wiiware and appstore (but there's not nearly as much crap as on the app store).

Rockstar
01-30-2010, 10:11 AM
I sure hope blazblue gets a US release

briankealing
01-30-2010, 12:47 PM
I still have my white DS Lite, and I keep it in tip top condition. I've changed out the screen protectors a couple times and keep the insides clean, and the outside shiny. I figured that using a pencil eraser can make the inside of the console whiter, and you can use a soft card from a screen protector set to get out gunk from the border of the console.

I have a Zune HD now, so I'm good.

DeltaBurnt
01-30-2010, 12:53 PM
I still have my white DS Lite, and I keep it in tip top condition. I've changed out the screen protectors a couple times and keep the insides clean, and the outside shiny. I figured that using a pencil eraser can make the inside of the console whiter, and you can use a soft card from a screen protector set to get out gunk from the border of the console.

I have a Zune HD now, so I'm good.

I'm always very paranoid and careful with everything I have but I still went through alot of DS's (my DSi is my forth). I'd have to say the DSi is a little sturdier in terms of touch screen/case but the buttons are a little less strong.

In my opinion the original DS had the best "defense systems".

Jakob15
01-30-2010, 01:11 PM
Is it possible for Nintendo to update the camera its so bad. I hope they add Skype. How do you save passwords on the DSi browser I always have to relog in.

Jakob15
01-30-2010, 02:26 PM
does your have a matte finish?

Yep is that a bad thing?

DeltaBurnt
01-30-2010, 03:15 PM
Is it possible for Nintendo to update the camera its so bad. I hope they add Skype. How do you save passwords on the DSi browser I always have to relog in.

They can't send out a software update and magically have the camera be better quality. That would obviously take a physical update.

Rockstar
01-30-2010, 09:38 PM
Yep is that a bad thing?
no I was just asking because my metallic blue dsi has a gloss finish

briankealing
01-31-2010, 10:10 AM
I wrote a blog article about saving passwords on the DS Browser, but i'm not sure if it works on the DSi.

Jakob15
01-31-2010, 03:54 PM
I wrote a blog article about saving passwords on the DS Browser, but i'm not sure if it works on the DSi.

DSi is supposed to store cookies unlike the DS lite browser. For some reason mine only stores Gmail.

Shadz
02-01-2010, 04:42 PM
I don't really see my self getting a DSi, I have considered it, but I just think, its the same as my DS lite with a camera and some other stuff, which I wouldn't use anyway.

DeltaBurnt
02-01-2010, 05:21 PM
I don't really see my self getting a DSi, I have considered it, but I just think, its the same as my DS lite with a camera and some other stuff, which I wouldn't use anyway.

I used to think that too, but suprisingly enough I'm really enjoying my DSi and it's extra features!

Jakob15
02-01-2010, 05:22 PM

I wouldn't suggest getting one if you have a DS lite. I just got it cause my DS lite is broken.

PharaohsVizier
02-01-2010, 06:08 PM
I used to think that too, but suprisingly enough I'm really enjoying my DSi and it's extra features!

In a way I did have a lot of fun with the camera as well, the songs with the high low pitch was sort of cool, but they wore off over time.

Jakob15
02-01-2010, 06:14 PM
I would love to play with the songs I have. But it takes so long to convert the songs which is so stupid.

PharaohsVizier
02-01-2010, 10:55 PM
It shouldn't take long, iTunes will convert it in seconds...

Rockstar
02-01-2010, 11:00 PM
yeah its not just a long process at all i have my whole ipod on my dsi 8gb sd card

BoxShot
02-01-2010, 11:07 PM
I would love to play with the songs I have. But it takes so long to convert the songs which is so stupid.

... If I can convert with LAME in about 20 seconds (depends on how long a song is) converting to .m4a should take less or close to that. Obviously the more you have makes it take longer but whatever.

Jakob15
02-02-2010, 08:21 AM
Took me like 6min to convert one song last time for some reason.

PharaohsVizier
02-02-2010, 12:38 PM
What program are you using?

Jakob15
02-02-2010, 04:48 PM
What program are you using?

iTunes.

DeltaBurnt
02-02-2010, 05:27 PM
iTunes.

iTunes sucks bawls, it is an extremely slow and clunky piece of crap.

Winamp is waaaay better.

Jakob15
02-02-2010, 06:56 PM
iTunes sucks bawls, it is an extremely slow and clunky piece of crap.

Winamp is waaaay better.

Alright thanks for telling me I will use that instead.

PharaohsVizier
02-02-2010, 10:20 PM
As a converter iTunes isn't bad.

BoxShot
02-02-2010, 10:33 PM
Doesn't mean there isn't better converters. :P In Jakob's case it takes very long. In my case I have never used it. :D

PharaohsVizier
02-02-2010, 11:25 PM
I personally use Easy CD-DA Extractor for my conversions, but iTunes used to be what I used.

Solarpolitiks
02-03-2010, 02:18 PM

There is some decent stuff on the store now but most of it is junk. The store is being populated pretty fast though. Expect some quality titles soon ;)