PDA

View Full Version : 2 Suggestions

Rockstar
02-01-2010, 12:10 AM
These are not necessary but they sure would be cool in my opinion:
1.A Lite Version Of The Site:It will support all teh small gadgets like dsi, psp, ipod touch/iphone and other phones too itll be great as the site takes a while to load on all my handhelds :(
2.A Shoutbox:I know its not something we need but having it on the site will be cool, just a small area where people can talk about whatever they want.

PV these are features I would like on the site but im not forcing you or anything. It's completely your choice if you wanna add them and its fine if you dont as the site is still new etc.

Jakob15
02-01-2010, 09:50 AM
I think one of the vBulliten version are supposed to have a "mobile" feature or something like that. I might be confusing with IPB though.

FEFL
02-01-2010, 02:15 PM
This was asked at GBATemp too. I think it's a good idea. But, I don't really know how much work it takes, and it may not be worth it.

PharaohsVizier
02-01-2010, 04:07 PM
This version of vBulletin only has an unofficial mobile version. I actually have it running on a test version of my board, but it isn't quite stable enough right now because it is actually a theme and a theme switcher.

I am keeping a VERY close eye on the development of these mods though.

As for shoutbox, there are other threads about this. Shoutboxes are a huge bandwidth drain, and the number of users on this board that would use it just won't justify spending cash to upgrade.

Shadz
02-01-2010, 04:41 PM
There really is no need for a shoutbox, it doesn't get used that often. If you want a friendly discussion, off topic is the thread to go to.