PDA

View Full Version : Just Ordered Pokemon Soul Silver :)

PharaohsVizier
03-14-2010, 06:44 PM
Well I was walking in the mall today, went into EB games to look at the lineup of kids leaving the store with Heart Gold and Soul Silver and I was like, oh whatever let's buy one. Got to the register and they were like, it was sold out right when the store opened, and those kids all had pre-orders.

Well, the fact that I couldn't have it made me want it more (forbidden fruit theory at its best), so I dropped by a Future Shop, nada, Best Buy, nada. And when I got home, I wanted a copy pretty badly, but nothing I could do if they are sold out everywhere, I'd just have to wait.

So I was checking redflagdeals (a Canadian community of people looking for cheap stuff), and first thing I noticed POKEMON. Clicked into it, and found out Dell's deal of the day is Pokemon Heart Gold and Soul Silver on release day.

Guess what, final price, $35 CANADIAN SHIPPED. What a deal, I saved $10-$15, got it shipped, AND it was still on release day. Talk about lucky. :)

SO, if you want to get a copy of Pokemon Soul Silver or Heart Gold in Canada for mega cheap: http://accessories.dell.com/sna/products/Nintendo_DS/productdetail.aspx?c=ca&l=en&s=dhs&cs=cadhs1&sku=A3543908
TODAY ONLY

Anyone else planning to order?

BoxShot
03-14-2010, 06:59 PM
I'm thinking about going to a local gamestop to pick a copy up with my own money. :) Then again I could order online for about $32.54 or so at Amazon.

PharaohsVizier
03-14-2010, 07:01 PM
You Americans and your cheap prices :(

But god am I looking forward to playing with the Pokewalker. I will probably even do a review of it.

BoxShot
03-14-2010, 07:09 PM
:) The pokewalker is the whole point of me wanting it. I'll look forward to that review.

$32.54 with free shipping or $41 or so after taxes and I take it home. Yep cheaper. :D

DeltaBurnt
03-14-2010, 07:15 PM
Eh, 35 bucks is about what you'd get from a gamestop.

But since my dad works at Dell we get discounts on most stuff, so I'll look into. But I don't know...I'm patient, I could always wait for a AP fix.

PharaohsVizier
03-14-2010, 07:23 PM
Well for Canadians it's $39.99 + tax in stores or +shipping if you buy online. $32+tax and free shipping is a rare deal that I don't think I'll see again any time soon.

It's not really the fact that I wanted the game or anything, I am perfectly patient for an AP fix as well (not to mention I got pretty far in the Japanese version). But yea the Pokewalker sort of pushed me to buy. I'm always an advocate of buying retail games when they deserve it, and the fact that they included goodies is definitely a reason to buy.

And pretty much POKEWALKER! I still have my Pikachu 2 GS from long long ago and I remember it was pretty cool to have around. The Pokewalker is probably going to be really nostalgic for me.

DeltaBurnt
03-14-2010, 10:45 PM
Just wait, I bet they'll make a R4 clone or iPlayer made especially for this game (doesn't the card need a infared sensor of some sort?).

hanheldgamer
03-14-2010, 11:11 PM
already got it, it is so sweet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! u'd be a total idiot not to buy one. no offense to all pokemon haters :P 64

hanheldgamer
03-14-2010, 11:12 PM
And yes!! i hate charizard. OMG!!!!!!!!! I dont know why, but hes so ugly. go typhlosion!!

BoxShot
03-14-2010, 11:15 PM
Just wait, I bet they'll make a R4 clone or iPlayer made especially for this game (doesn't the card need a infared sensor of some sort?).

AFAIK The only use the IR sensor has is to connect to the pokewalker. It doesn't really need it for anything else.

PharaohsVizier
03-14-2010, 11:18 PM
And yes!! i hate charizard. OMG!!!!!!!!! I dont know why, but hes so ugly. go typhlosion!!

GASP, you did not just diss Charizard (*shuffles off to look for ban hammer*)

@Delta - probably not likely unless it's really really really cheap to install the IR sensor. Chances are Pokemon is going to be the ONLY game with it and without the Pokewalker it doesn't matter. So unless they can install the IR sensor and sell some sort of Pokewalker clone significantly cheaper than the original package, it's not really worth it. Look at it this way, in the GBA age, even the all important real time clock was ditched in a lot of models.

benjaminlibl
03-15-2010, 12:12 AM
I hate to ask, but what's a Pokewalker...?

PharaohsVizier
03-15-2010, 01:04 AM
It's an accessory for the Pokemon Heart Gold and Soul Silver games. It comes free with every game, and basically unique to the Pokemon cartridge is an infrared sensor, and this sensor pairs up with the Pokewalker.

The Pokewalker is sort of like a Tamagotchi, Pokemon style. You catch a Pokemon in the Soul Silver game, transfer it to this little Pokeball tamagotchi thing through infrared, and then you can carry that Pokemon around. Furthermore, you can catch Pokemon on the Pokewalker in a dumbed down sort of battle system, it counts your steps and deals out experience points, etc etc. It's not really impressive by any means, just kind of neat that they included it. :P

Here, you'll probably find out more on the official site: http://www.pokemongoldsilver.com/us/#/features/pokewalker/

Shadz
03-15-2010, 03:15 AM
If i can get it very soon, then yes. They must be able to ship to Australia though, we don't get the game till the 25th...somebody find me a good site for it and then we will be sweet =)

Rockstar
03-15-2010, 05:31 AM
I actually got mine on Friday, and yeah before I though the PokeWalker would suck etc etc but After using it and taking it to school I found it to be a really fun device and I take it with me everywhere I go :P
Are you getting a figure?Hope you do because It took me 1 hour of waiting to get mine which sucks but in the end I got the Lugia one.
*Goes back to playing Soul Silver*

PharaohsVizier
03-15-2010, 02:59 PM
I don't think I get the figure. While nice to have, certainly not a deal breaker for me. Oh well, let's hope for the best :P They didn't explicitly say they didn't have any

Shadz
03-15-2010, 05:06 PM
What is this figure?!?! People are all talking about it etc..

shadowhunter
03-15-2010, 05:53 PM
You Americans and your cheap prices

XD I love America!

FEFL
03-15-2010, 06:15 PM
What is this figure?!?! People are all talking about it etc..
You get it if you pre-ordered HG or SS from Gamestop (maybe other stores too). It's a few inches tall, I think, and is pure novelty.

I can't wait to get this game. I found out my friend played Pokemon today (I didn't even know he played video games that much), so that's pretty cool. He hyped me up to get it.

Jakob15
03-15-2010, 06:36 PM
Went to my local Gamestop today. I asked how many copies they sold and they only sold about 50 copies. Very shocking for my local Gamestop. My friend works there and he gave me a free Lugia toy. They probably didn't get lots of sales because of the people in our area. Most of them are russian and russians could care less about video games at all. All they care about is money, vodka, and sex lol. I asked my friend that just came to America from Indonesia(He is a huge Pokemon fan and probably the first person I ever met in my school that likes anime) I asked him if he bought Pokemon Heartgold and he said no I am playing it on a emulator... I told him I am telling the police and he gave me 2 dollars not too, also insulted him that he is too cheap to buy the game. Most of the Chinese/Asians in my area hate Nintendo and only like Playstation, and the ones that like Pokemon just downloaded the ROM and pirated it. I for one care less about Pokemon, and rather just play the ROM to keep me from being bored.

shadowhunter
03-15-2010, 08:21 PM
Jakob that's just mean. Why would you threaten him with the police? I highly doubt they'd care at all, and why insult him? You pirated the game as well but you threaten him. I smell hypocrites!

PharaohsVizier
03-15-2010, 08:54 PM
You get it if you pre-ordered HG or SS from Gamestop (maybe other stores too). It's a few inches tall, I think, and is pure novelty.

I can't wait to get this game. I found out my friend played Pokemon today (I didn't even know he played video games that much), so that's pretty cool. He hyped me up to get it.

Not necessarily for pre orders only. My local futureshop apparently gave them out to whoever bought the first copies.

Jakob15
03-15-2010, 10:15 PM
Jakob that's just mean. Why would you threaten him with the police? I highly doubt they'd care at all, and why insult him? You pirated the game as well but you threaten him. I smell hypocrites!

I needed the money for pizza.

BoxShot
03-16-2010, 02:45 AM
I needed the money for pizza.

o.o If I knew you should I tell you that I need money for pizza or I will tell the police about you pirating stuff?

That is not a valid/good reason Jakob. >.>

Shadz
03-16-2010, 04:26 AM
1) roms don't work
2) roms aren illegal
3) Even if i had the rom, i would buy the game to support them, they amused me for very near to 15 years of my life with games.

On that note.

My favourite starting pokemon (in that order)

Treecko
Bulbasaur
Piplup
Charmander
Chikorita
Mudkip
Torchic
Squirtle
Cyndaquil
Totodile
Turtwig
Chimchar

PharaohsVizier
03-16-2010, 11:50 AM
It came today, that was super duper fast shipping. :) No figurine though :(

DeltaBurnt
03-16-2010, 04:31 PM
1) roms don't work
2) roms aren't illegal
3) Even if i had the rom, i would buy the game to support them, they amused me for very near to 15 years of my life with games.

Uhhh...roms are illegal. Even having the original copy still makes it illegal. Some might argue that it's covered under "fair use", but it's not. The police may not really care, but it definetly is illegal.

Shadz
03-16-2010, 09:14 PM
Typo....meant roms ARE illegal. My bad gais.