PDA

View Full Version : Was the DSi Shop a smart move?

Jakob15
03-16-2010, 08:40 PM
I have been thinking, was the DSi Shop a smart move from Nintendo? Its been already a whole year since it got released with the DSi and there are only 2-4 good titles on the DSi Shop. There are no apps like Facebook, MSN, Aim or anything else. And they only add 4 new games every week. The DSi Shop is a piece of crap compared to the Apple store. After the Apple store got released there were more than thousands of apps the next year. But only like 120 for the DSi. I know they made lots of money from it since people can't pirate the games, but is it good for the customers?

PharaohsVizier
03-16-2010, 09:12 PM
I don't think you can compare the DSi shop to the Apple store... The DSi shop is meant pretty much exclusively for games, and 4 games a week is actually pretty good...

Jakob15
03-16-2010, 09:54 PM
They should make it open source for anyone to program apps for the DSi.

PharaohsVizier
03-16-2010, 11:01 PM
I don't think that was possible from the start. Nintendo is a very conservative company, very family oriented, children oriented. As a result, you have almost silly ideas like friend codes with possibly devastating effects all to protect children, all to put out a family oriented vibe. I think the DSi shop is likely the same thing, they can't just put anything in there. It has to be simply, fun, not any complex applications, and aimed mainly at kids. The app store however is different, you can literally put anything in there, and it's not necessarily a good thing.

DeltaBurnt
03-17-2010, 08:45 PM
1. The app store is crap. It maybe has 20 good apps and that's all.

2. The DSi store has way more than 2-4 good apps, you just don't enjoy non 3D games. To me the DSi store is awesome, because it's a way of getting a indie feel to a large company based console.

3. I think the DSi store is awesome, if only I had more DSi points I get alot more DSiWare games.

sherry
09-02-2010, 04:30 AM
I don't think that was possible from the start. Nintendo is a very conservative company, very family oriented, children oriented. As a result, you have almost silly ideas like friend codes with possibly devastating effects all to protect children, all to put out a family oriented vibe. I think the DSi shop is likely the same thing, they can't just put anything in there. It has to be simply, fun, not any complex applications, and aimed mainly at kids. The app store however is different, you can literally put anything in there, and it's not necessarily a good thing.

Nice view point , it's what i want to say ! thanks.

SoulSnatcher
09-02-2010, 08:39 AM
I don't bother with the DSi-Shop anymore.
It's filled with crappy games. I hoped for more applications on it like Nnooo's myNotebook and myDiary but was let down. I prefer productivity apps.

benjaminlibl
09-02-2010, 09:07 PM
I have been thinking
Wow!

..just kidding, OK? I couldn't resist.

Its been already a whole year since it got released with the DSi and there are only 2-4 good titles on the DSi Shop. There are no apps like Facebook, MSN, Aim or anything else. And they only add 4 new games every week. The DSi Shop is a piece of crap compared to the Apple store. After the Apple store got released there were more than thousands of apps the next year. But only like 120 for the DSi. I know they made lots of money from it since people can't pirate the games, but is it good for the customers?
I would say that depends on the person. I'll be honest and say I haven't played a single DSi Shop game, so I wouldn't know. I DO know that I don't like Imagine! titles on DS, but I'm sure there are seven-year-old girls who do. As long as they're making money, they'll continue to do what they're doing, even if it pisses off people like you. I don't know how powerful the DSi is, but web browsing on my DS was hellish, so I don't know how realistic MSN or Facebook apps would be. Even if they were released, they'd probably suck bad.

I think it's good for the customers, just not good for you. You have to remember that you don't exactly represent the entire demographic of DSi owners T___T

shadowhunter
09-02-2010, 09:09 PM
Wow!

(just kidding shadowhunter -.-)

Ahhhhh loosen up. Compared to some otehr members, you're doing great. I'm past caring. As long as it doesn't turn into a "f*** you" session I'm A-OK.

benjaminlibl
09-02-2010, 09:19 PM
Ahhhhh loosen up. Compared to some otehr members, you're doing great. I'm past caring. As long as it doesn't turn into a "f*** you" session I'm A-OK.

Yo, I changed it, now your quote and my post don't correlate. Damn you. And I dedicated a long post to you and Naruto Freak. Don't freak.