PDA

View Full Version : Galcon Players!!

PharaohsVizier
04-03-2010, 07:14 PM
I wonder if there are any Galcon players here on DSDatabase? PC (Fusion or Flash) or iPod Touch, etc?

Galcon is a VERY simple Real Time Strategy game pretty much dealing in quick fingers, fast decisions and good observation skills. You have planets that spawn single units at certain intervals. Bigger planets spawn faster, smaller planets, slower. You then send those units to take over other planets and expand your spawning power.

For those of you who DON'T know of it, you can try it out at http://galcon.com/flash, and it only takes a minute or two to get the hang of the game. Furthermore it has online servers. :) The only thing that sucks is that most players moved onto the iPod version or the Fusion, both of which they charge for.

I know that a similar game called Mushroom Wars came out on the PS3 DLC and it is rather similar. Any of you guys play that?

DeltaBurnt
04-03-2010, 07:46 PM
I got the demo of the fusion version, it was pretty damn fun.

I'll look into getting the ipod version later.

PharaohsVizier
04-04-2010, 12:24 AM
It's so simple, yet it can be sooooo complex. I love it to death. Maybe we should play some time.

DeltaBurnt
04-04-2010, 12:47 AM
Ehhh, you'd own me. I can't go past like the 4th difficulty.

Shadz
04-04-2010, 12:49 AM
I have it. Had to buy the indie pack..

PharaohsVizier
04-04-2010, 01:25 AM
@Delta - I usually play against the Grand Admiral, but I only win like 1 out of 3 games against it. :(

@Shadz - Awww, I'm jealous. I want to buy the game, but I can't bring myself to spend $10 on it. Also, can you check if there are a lot of people online? I might consider it more so if there are people constantly playing.