PDA

View Full Version : New Steam

PharaohsVizier
04-27-2010, 06:12 PM
I'm sure more than one of you have Steam, in fact I have a few of you on my friends list. :P

In any case, Steam has a completely new interface now, and frankly I HATE it. It looks good and all, but the games list is a pain in the ass once you have more than a dozen games or so. I haven't fiddled with it too much yet, but what I have is a large list of games, but only a few installed. It kind of sucks that they don't group them at the front anymore... What's up with that :s

briankealing
04-27-2010, 06:41 PM
Ooh! I have Steam! My community name is Brian2.0
The new interface looks promising because the old interface just looks worn out, however I am aware that a lot of screen space is being used. The game list isn't very efficient, but being I only have 7 or so games it doesn't matter to me. The grid format is superb with the large thumbnails, but could get cluttered when you have a lot of games.

Apparently the new UI is kinda laggy even on the best computers, but hopefully Valve will get around to fixing that.

DeltaBurnt
04-27-2010, 07:07 PM
How to Stop Hating the New Steam UI, By DeltaBurnt:

Open up Steam
Update to the new UI if not already done so
Click Library
Click Games
Move your mouse to the top right where it says view
Click the view option you like most

Congrats! You can now enjoy these wonderful features:

Better in game UI, better and much mother fucking faster web browser, whenever you click the icon in the task bar it has all your important stuff and frequent games, a more in depth game list a long with friends who have it and update news on the page, better steam achievements, faster and better download manager, game categories.

By the way, this "new" steam has technically been out for month they just called it a beta.

Shadz
04-27-2010, 07:51 PM
Make's me want to gouge my eyes out. The tray icon moved friends from 2nd at top to 2nd from bottom, makes me cry a little. None of my games want to update, or run. The interface looks like shit. I prefer the old one so much more.

PharaohsVizier
04-27-2010, 09:02 PM
I'll give you the point about nicer in game menu, but the games list is seriously TERRIBLE for anyone who has more than a handful of games.

Shadz
04-27-2010, 10:32 PM
I have about 60. It looks like an absolute clutter****. I can't find anything.

DeltaBurnt
04-28-2010, 06:40 PM
I think that's why the added the categorizing system :\

PharaohsVizier
04-28-2010, 07:57 PM
You mean "show recently played"?

DeltaBurnt
04-28-2010, 10:22 PM
No...

Right click a game in your library and click "Set Category".

Shadz
04-29-2010, 04:35 AM
Takes too long to do. I haven't used steam since the UI update since I have the urge to violently expel my lunch whenever I see it.

DeltaBurnt
04-29-2010, 08:58 AM
Takes too long to do. I haven't used steam since the UI update since I have the urge to violently expel my lunch whenever I see it.

So I take it you're not a fan of the Zune software either?

PharaohsVizier
05-05-2010, 07:14 PM
All whining asides, I just found out you can switch back to icons, which still hogs up memory, but at least it's easier to scroll through the games.

DeltaBurnt
05-05-2010, 11:04 PM
All whining asides, I just found out you can switch back to icons, which still hogs up memory, but at least it's easier to scroll through the games.

I told you how you could do that in my post from like a week ago >.>

PharaohsVizier
05-05-2010, 11:07 PM
doh, i thought u mean like list, icon, detailed GRRRRR

shadowhunter
05-05-2010, 11:20 PM
Best solution to avoid Steam issues: No Steam! :D

EDIT: *gulps* please don't kill me.

PharaohsVizier
05-05-2010, 11:48 PM
Steam is sometimes nice, puts all your games into one nice little launcher, but still sucks that games are tied to your account, etc.

Jakob15
05-06-2010, 09:47 AM
Thing is all the games on steam is expensive.

PharaohsVizier
05-06-2010, 01:23 PM
But the sales are pretty nice. They are expensive if you buy full price though.

DeltaBurnt
05-06-2010, 07:43 PM
I think steam is pretty awesome. Great prices, saves carry from comp to comp via the Cloud, there's no limit to how many computers you can download/play on, and it gives you regular updates.

PharaohsVizier
05-11-2010, 08:22 PM
Did anyone get into the CS Source BETA? I'm really curious what significant changes there are.

DeltaBurnt
05-11-2010, 08:48 PM
Did anyone get into the CS Source BETA? I'm really curious what significant changes there are.

Better graphics, physics and development tools thanks to the '07 source revision and achievements. They also added a lot of stuff from TF2...and I mean A LOT. Like the death animation thing, a most valued player at the end of each round, lifetime player stats, etc.

PharaohsVizier
05-11-2010, 08:49 PM
FRICK, I can't believe I missed out on that....

DeltaBurnt
05-11-2010, 08:50 PM
FRICK, I can't believe I missed out on that....

I think you can still get it. If you can't it'll be able for free for all CS:S owners soon anyways.

PharaohsVizier
05-13-2010, 05:13 PM
Soon, I assume it'll be a month or something...