PDA

View Full Version : Planet Puzzle League - Practice Games

Shadz
06-09-2010, 12:59 AM
ANybody up for a few games sometime today (or over the new few days) or even over the next few days.

Add me on MSN or post here and we can have a few prac games.

benjaminlibl
06-09-2010, 05:26 AM
I think you guys can count me out of this tournament. I'd stand no chance at all and I don't have that much time to commit. Plus, I played PPL before and never got into it, so yeah.

briankealing
06-09-2010, 09:51 AM
Hey, can you hold off for about a week please? My DS Lite is broken and extra parts are coming by. When I'm done fixing things up, I'll gladly play head to head. I'll need to shape up though. Highest combo I ever pulled was 14, though I haven't played in a rather long time...

Shadz
06-09-2010, 06:47 PM
25 chain for me :D

briankealing
06-16-2010, 01:45 PM
I'm BAAAAAAAACKKKKKKKK
Sort of. Just fixed my DS Lite.

I'm really rusty in PPL though. I can barely beat the level ten CPU, which proves how much I suck right now.

I can prolly play a game over wifi though.

PharaohsVizier
06-16-2010, 02:02 PM
Well just to prove how bad I am, I don't understand how the penalties work when going against a computer. How do I get rid of those grey blocks at the top, why do they appear, etc? XD

briankealing
06-16-2010, 03:05 PM
Standard Wifi competitive matches are garbage battle no items and normal fall rate.

Grey blocks? The ones that look like [!] should be put together in a line of 3 or more and will drop a grey garbage piece on your opponent. What this does is prevent the garbage after it from being destroyed.

Example:

[garbage]
[grey garbage]
[big garbage]
[garbage]

Let's say you've managed to remove 3 blocks while touching the garbage at the bottom.

[garbage]
[grey garbage]
[transforming garbage]
[transforming garbage]

When eliminating 3 blocks the garbage starts to deteriorate, garbage that touches deteriorating garbage will also start to deteriorate. Garbage touching grey garbage will not cause the grey garbage to deteriorate. Think of it as a barrier you have to break before you can even start thinking about ridding of garbage after it.

[garbage]
[grey garbage]
[garbage]
[grey garbage]

etc. because then it will take many moves to get rid of all of it, being that no garbage is touching more garbage.

If you're talking about a different grey block, describe it, cause grey garbage is the only grey block I know of.

Just pulled a 12 combo on the cpu- I think i'm getting the game back into me.

Shadz
06-16-2010, 07:52 PM
He means the garbage the opponent sends, I explained it as best I could. However, I think playing through garbage battle against the computer as well as playing through a few tutorials first.

@Brian: What level of CPU?

briankealing
06-17-2010, 12:18 PM
I drill against the CPU at level 10 under normal gravity.

Shadz
06-17-2010, 04:41 PM
I'm currently trying to get past hard 3..

briankealing
06-17-2010, 04:59 PM
I find it pointless to do hard gravity games because through wifi gravity is forced normal.
Plus, since blocks drop instantly, it's almost impossible to make combos...

EDIT: Just gave a shot at Level 10 CPU on hard gravity and he's a computer at this game (pun intended)
I got crushed in 5 mins, it's more of a "who can stand out longer" than "who can throw more garbage"

Shadz
06-17-2010, 09:08 PM
Beat a level 5 computer in 42 seconds just now :D

CPU 10 is horrible, when I play him I usually get 5 minute games...

PharaohsVizier
06-17-2010, 09:11 PM
Well I'm moving up the ranks, you guys better get ready! :P

shadowhunter
06-17-2010, 09:25 PM
Aha, I'll look forward to a fun challenge! Cmon Pharaoh lets play next week! I'll test you and see! :D:D:D

Shadz
06-18-2010, 04:16 PM
Shadowhunter. MSN. I have an exam in 2 hours, for 2 hours, so at 12pm, (5 hours) expect PAIN.

P.S Played last night beat hard computer levels 2-8. Most games went between 1.5 to 3 minutes. Consecutive wins before I dug myself into a hole. Had 3 lines left (rest was filled with garbage) and made a x4 chain (but didn't hit the garbage) So i was left with 3 blocks....with a screen of garbage. GG to stupidity.

Goli
06-28-2010, 11:12 AM
I'm up for some practice matches today, though you'll probably win because I kinda suck.

Shadz
06-28-2010, 07:27 PM
Add my MSN (should be able to find it somewhere in this thread) and I'll chat on MSN about it.

Goli
06-28-2010, 07:59 PM
Add my MSN (should be able to find it somewhere in this thread) and I'll chat on MSN about it.

Umm you're referring to me right? Well I can't find it on this thread... so you add me instead :P: cedereyes@live.com