PDA

View Full Version : Idea for next couple of blog posts

DeltaBurnt
10-03-2009, 06:52 PM
So as some of you here might have seen I posted my first blog post on the frontpage. Yah so now I'm working on my idea for my next blog posts. So I was thinking I'd do some DSiWare reviews. I'm about to purchase 2000 DSiWare points.

So I was thinking about getting Mighty Flip Champs (http://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/43jdJCPyBU8zGxccYFVG2e4WYSx1S9Nc) and Dragon Quest Wars (http://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/wzdi76CUYg-YAPq4R1kfpuaSzFobIH8O). So that would leave me with 700 points, enough for 3 200 point games or a 200 + 500 point games.

Since these reviews are mainly for you guys I was thinking I'd ask you what I should get/review.

So far I already have Wario Ware Snapped (http://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/U5mPG9IsG7RCIJ8uAGags8PD-OfydM9M) (I've already done a review on this, I might revise it a little and post it here again) and Club House Games Express Card Classics (http://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/x7oLOwgNdiORAHRltmUCP9wZGOLLcrPn) (there's not much to review :\). So yah what would you like to see reviewed? Here (http://www.nintendo.com/games/guide#qplay=dsiware&panel=qplay) is a list of all the dsiware titles currently out.

DeltaBurnt
10-04-2009, 01:11 PM
Alright I know this is a double post guys but I need your feedback. These reviews are for you guys :\

Anyways I already got Might Flip Champs and I'm already at the third world. Not sure how long this game exactly is but it's kind of fun, it's not what I expected it to be.

Jakob15
10-04-2009, 01:38 PM
What DSiWare games that are out? Maybe Asphalt Urban GT.

DeltaBurnt
10-04-2009, 02:58 PM
I posted a link to the list of currently out DSiWare games.

Jakob15
10-04-2009, 03:27 PM
IDK maybe a review about the Animal Crossing Clock you could check how accurate it is. Or the game Paper Airplane chase.

ChocoMint
10-04-2009, 04:19 PM
So I was thinking about getting Mighty Flip Champs (http://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/43jdJCPyBU8zGxccYFVG2e4WYSx1S9Nc) and Dragon Quest Wars (http://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/wzdi76CUYg-YAPq4R1kfpuaSzFobIH8O).

I think those are two very good ideas, Delta. Those are both games I was thinking about purchasing, and I would appreciate your reviews. For that last 700 points, if you can't think of anything, save them, you can spend them on something you personally want, or, combine them with other points you purchase later.

DeltaBurnt
10-04-2009, 08:26 PM
So I was thinking about getting Mighty Flip Champs (http://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/43jdJCPyBU8zGxccYFVG2e4WYSx1S9Nc) and Dragon Quest Wars (http://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/wzdi76CUYg-YAPq4R1kfpuaSzFobIH8O).

I think those are two very good ideas, Delta. Those are both games I was thinking about purchasing, and I would appreciate your reviews. For that last 700 points, if you can't think of anything, save them, you can spend them on something you personally want, or, combine them with other points you purchase later.

Yah like I said my next blog post should be a review on Mighty Flip Champs. Now I'm at the beginning of the 4th world (I think there's 5 worlds). Soooo, yah.

DeltaBurnt
10-06-2009, 05:11 PM
Seriously guys? I've only gotten one suggestion and that was from a non DSi owner :\

ChocoMint
10-06-2009, 05:17 PM
I affirmed your suggestion, and I own a DSi :(

But anyway, how about Mario and march of the minis? Its a Mario game, something like that... the name has escaped me

Also try Flipnote Studios

DeltaBurnt
10-06-2009, 06:02 PM
I affirmed your suggestion, and I own a DSi :(

But anyway, how about Mario and march of the minis? Its a Mario game, something like that... the name has escaped me

Also try Flipnote Studios

Yah I know it's just I was more wanting to get suggestions for my left over 700 points. Also Mario Minis March Again is 800 points so I don't have enough points for that.

Flipnote Studio is free so there isn't much point in reviewing it :\

DeltaBurnt
10-11-2009, 12:20 PM
Little bit of an update. I have finished Mighty Flip Champs.

Overall I'm not too impressed. I'm going to save most of my impressions for the review. But I do have to say I was yawning up until the last stage (which I didn't see coming). The last stage is so wonderful it might even make me have to bump up the score alittle bit (which is still undecided).

Summary: I wish the whole game was more like the last stage.

EDIT: Also once my review on this is posted I'm not going to be taking suggestions anymore and just get whatever looks interesting. Maybe I'll ask on gbatemp...

DeltaBurnt
10-13-2009, 06:56 PM
I know this is a triple post but it's better than making a new topic. Anyways I was hoping to have my review out by tonight but I don't think that's possible because I have a Spanish project due tomorrow and I need to study for the Pre SAT test.

PharaohsVizier
10-13-2009, 08:29 PM
Homework is always important, so don't push yourself.

Jakob15
10-13-2009, 08:44 PM

I forgot to study for my Russian test and I flunked like crazy today got a %20 percent... I even had cheating papers but that didn't help me at all. We had a science test today as well I am in Science honors so its pretty hard but I think I got a %100. Had a Social Studies test got a %68, should have never get honors for Social Studies... I think I am gonna go to summer school this year :'(

DeltaBurnt
10-13-2009, 09:19 PM

Well it's mostly done I just need to take pictures, add the rating/overall part then check for spelling mistakes.

DeltaBurnt
10-27-2009, 05:39 PM
Status Update: I got Dragon Quest Wars and Art Style: Box Life. Both pretty interesting games. I'll probably end up putting them both in one blog post so I don't have to stretch out the review like I did with Mighty Flip Champs.

Also I ordered one of the Hori plastic DSi protector cases from Play Asia in like June and I finally got a confirmation email like a week ago. So I'll probably write a review for that too.

And yah I know I do only reviews but I have no idea what I'd do for non review articles...

Jakob15
10-27-2009, 05:41 PM
You should post your Hori Screen Protector Review here. That is if PV lets.
<!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://dsdatabase.org/forum/viewforum.php?f=37">viewforum.php?f=37</a><!-- l -->

DeltaBurnt
10-27-2009, 05:53 PM
Yah but the front page get's more views. Plus the compact view of the front page makes articles and reviews look alot longer ;)

ChocoMint
10-27-2009, 09:38 PM
Try the Domo games. <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.nintendodsi.com/domo.jsp">http://www.nintendodsi.com/domo.jsp</a><!-- m -->

DeltaBurnt
10-28-2009, 06:16 PM
Yah I saw those...they don't look as interesting as some of the other 200 point games.

Plus they look like they're of flash quality. I might get one of those.

DeltaBurnt
10-31-2009, 11:54 PM
Woot my Hori DSi case just arrived today. Gonna take some pictures of it in the box then try it out. Expect either a review or an overview (I say overview because I don't have much experiance with case reviewing...IDK if I should try my best to break it or to just examine it and then review it).

Jakob15
11-06-2009, 05:52 PM
You should really have a new Blog Post about me. I know lots of people would want a essay about how awesome I am.

DeltaBurnt
11-06-2009, 05:55 PM
No, go away.

shadowhunter
11-06-2009, 06:44 PM
WOW! Pwnt! who would wanna read that, anyways!?

stab244
11-06-2009, 10:46 PM

I forgot to study for my Russian test and I flunked like crazy today got a %20 percent... I even had cheating papers but that didn't help me at all. We had a science test today as well I am in Science honors so its pretty hard but I think I got a %100. Had a Social Studies test got a %68, should have never get honors for Social Studies... I think I am gonna go to summer school this year :'(
Cheating isn't good...

shadowhunter
11-06-2009, 10:48 PM
I've always hated cheaters. That's just really wrong. How can you possibly benefit from that...? IMO I would prefer to fuck the test up and get an F than cheat and possibly get a 0 on it. Even though the parents yell, it will be better than explaining why you cheated.

benjaminlibl
11-07-2009, 08:33 AM
I don't get how you can have a cheat sheet and still fail. That's pretty fail.

Jakob15
11-07-2009, 09:05 AM
I don't get how you can have a cheat sheet and still fail. That's pretty fail.

Because the cheating sheet couldn't help me at all. And the teacher was looking at me the whole time.

DeltaBurnt
11-07-2009, 10:07 AM
Wait how did this end up here?

Off topic much?

stab244
11-07-2009, 10:47 AM
Maybe you can discuss cheating on video games on your next blog post?

DeltaBurnt
11-07-2009, 10:52 AM
Maybe you can discuss cheating on video games on your next blog post?

Yah but what does cheating on a test in school have to do with anything.

Also I don't think I'd be able to get much discussion out of that, that's been discussed way to much already. I'd rather just post some more review next.

Truthfully my last 2 blogs I just thought of while I was eating breakfast.

ZzzZilla
11-07-2009, 10:42 PM
Here's an idea for a series:

Each post, pick a genre.
Discuss that genre's characteristics, history and so on.
Highlight the exemplary examples in that genre.
Summarize with who should give it a try.

DeltaBurnt
11-08-2009, 02:49 AM

Each post, pick a genre.

Ehhh...seems like too much research.

benjaminlibl
11-08-2009, 04:49 AM
No kidding. A lot of blog posts are spur of the moment thing, like DeltaBurnt's latest post.

DeltaBurnt
11-08-2009, 09:48 AM
No kidding. A lot of blog posts are spur of the moment thing, like DeltaBurnt's latest post.

Yep :3

Like I said I thought of it while eating breakfast, and when I got back from school I started writing it.

PharaohsVizier
11-08-2009, 11:55 AM

Each post, pick a genre.

That would be quite interesting actually....

benjaminlibl
11-08-2009, 04:20 PM
Alright, I'll do it if someone does it first. Haha.

stab244
11-08-2009, 10:27 PM
Maybe you should talk about what the next-gen DS should be like...

PharaohsVizier
11-08-2009, 10:32 PM
Too many of those already. It's not fun without a graphic, though deltaburnt said he was okay with photoshop right?

DeltaBurnt
11-09-2009, 07:20 AM
Too many of those already. It's not fun without a graphic, though deltaburnt said he was okay with photoshop right?

Yah I am ok with it but I'd rather not talk about what the next gen console could be like because that seems more like a forum discussion to me.

I guess if enough people would want me to make a blog like that I'd do it.

Jakob15
11-11-2009, 11:44 AM
Can we expect a review for Phantasy Star Zero? I really want to see a review for this game. So Benjaminlibi or Delta think of doing it?

DeltaBurnt
11-11-2009, 05:13 PM
Possibly, ben can do it if he wants...I would do it if I had the time to play it like 24 hours to finish it for a review.

I actually had an idea of writing a blog about how so many Lawyers and Newspapers are trying to get video games banned, looking at them as the spawn of satan. Also alot of people think they're immature (not to be confused with my kid's game post ;D). I was going to say they don't understand because they weren't born with video games in their life so they wouldn't understand. I'd also make it as the point that games have made it in as questions for standardized tests (that means games are included in things that decide your future) plus they're now America's #1 past time.

benjaminlibl
11-11-2009, 05:51 PM
I don't do reviews, I do first impressions. I don't rate them upon scores and such, simply because I don't think I go through the game enough to give an accurate score. But anyways, I'll check it out and see if it's fun. Be prepared for a TMNT one though!

benjaminlibl
11-12-2009, 05:38 AM
Never mind, the TMNT one sucks, that's all I'm going to say.

Phantasy Star Zero didn't really interest me, but I'll try it a little more.

stab244
11-12-2009, 12:37 PM
Psst... Rockman.EXE: Operate Shooting Star...

Wait, what? There aren't that many good games out lately...

PharaohsVizier
11-12-2009, 09:15 PM
Heh I played like two hours of Phantasy Star Zero last night, and I'm enjoying it. Too bad I'm going to toss it aside for COD4MW2 :(

Shadz
11-13-2009, 11:31 PM
Is it in English though?

PharaohsVizier
11-14-2009, 04:16 AM
Yes, I'm assuming you are talking about Phantasy Star Zero. The US release came out a few days ago.

DeltaBurnt
11-20-2009, 05:25 PM
I apologize for not getting my DSi Case overview out.

Thanksgiving break = teachers packing on like 4 different projects and tons of homework.

I'll try and get it done and posted this weekend.

DeltaBurnt
11-26-2009, 12:16 PM
Double post I know but now that I'm break I'm gonna try and finish that overview of the DSi case.

After I eat for thanksgiving I'll start typing it up.

stab244
11-26-2009, 04:43 PM
Heh I played like two hours of Phantasy Star Zero last night, and I'm enjoying it. Too bad I'm going to toss it aside for COD4MW2 :(
MW2 is COD6...

PharaohsVizier
11-26-2009, 05:02 PM
Is it?! My bad...

DeltaBurnt
11-28-2009, 04:43 PM
I was camping and I got to play a good 4 hours of Phantasy Star Zero...I like it, it reminds me of the Crystal Chronicals game. You can't really control your team members that much and there's a rich story.

If there's anything I like most about the game I'd have to say either the fact that it feels just like an mmorpg without the online all the time part (it DOES have the option...haven't tried it out yet) or that you can really customize your main character. There's 3 races and each race has their own class (which looks different) and then each class has it's own outfits, mag colors, hair styles, etc.

I have a level 11 Ramar (shooting class human) with a level 21 mag. I also have a Combine Carbine +15. Yah my guy is pretty decked out. If and when you get this game your main priority really should be to feed your mag (the little thing that hovers over your shoulder). Because once you get it to level 10 it'll evolve and can do a photon drop which can do massive damage.

Also one last note, the first mission was actually pretty challenging...same for the boss. I had to do the mission twice to get strong enough to defeat him. Then when I did the second main story mission (I did like 2 other missions just to make sure I was strong enough) it was a cake walk. Maybe the first mission was just hard to show you tough love, heh.