PDA

View Full Version : Rules and Regulations for the Planet Puzzle League Tournament at DSDatabase.org

PharaohsVizier
07-17-2010, 08:06 PM
Sponsored by SimplyMods.com!
http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r98/PharaohsVizier/Affiliates/DSDatabase175x100.jpg (www.simplymods.com)

Signup and register here! (http://dsdatabase.org/showthread.php/1358-Planet-Puzzle-League-Tournament-Signup)
Last day to sign up is July 16th, 2010
TOURNAMENT BEGINS MID-JULY

A tournament bracket will be maintained by myself and possibly the moderators of this particular tournament.

Tournament Format:
- 2 player Friend Battles, items OFF and default map. Voice chat is optional, but OFF by default.
- Winner of 2 matches out of 3 advance to the next round.
- If both players agree to different terms before the match, they must BOTH state it CLEARLY in the thread in detail prior to the match
- A separate forum section will be opened for discussion of times to play
- Matches will be selected at random, however, to reduce the effects of lag, within the first few rounds, users MAY be specifically picked if they share similar remote time zones or locations. Users may also be asked (not forced, you don?t have to if you don?t want to) to swap opponents in the middle of a match to accommodate for serious lag issues or connection issues.
- You will have 7 days per round to decide on a suitable time and complete the match (in the event of holidays or general absence, rounds may be extended or shortened to better fit the needs of contestants in general)
- If a contestant does not post in their designated forum within 5 days of the announcement of the beginning of a round, they are automatically eliminated.
- In the event of a problem within a single matchup, the round *MAY* be postponed, however more likely, the win will be given to the player who showed more effort into trying to meet up.

Disqualifications:
- CHEATERS AND HACKERS WILL BE DQ'D + IP BANNED FROM THE FORUMS PERMANENTLY
- Contestants who FAIL to READ the rules properly are ELIMINATED.
- Matches MUST be completed within 7 days per round (or in the case of extensions, the set time limit). If not, the person who is responsible for the delay will be DQ'd- This is an honor system, and each case of disqualification will be judged separately by the administrator and moderators.
- Admins reserve the right to disqualify any user, as with all disqualifications, this will only happen when both an admin and a moderator agree to DQ said player, and is most likely the result of reports of malpractice.

Further Notes:
- Admins and Moderators WILL also be participating in this tournament if they so choose.
- If a winner decides they do not wish to continue in the tournament, they can pass their spot in the tournament to their opponent.
- If a prize winner does not wish to receive the prize, the prize will go to the runner up in the tournament. Another match may be used to determine the runner up if it is not clear.

PRIZE:
http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r98/PharaohsVizier/Supercard%20DS%20TWO/IMG_1191.jpg
- The prize is a Supercard DS TWO provided by SimplyMods.com
- Further prizes may be added if there is enough of an audience (please do encourage your friends to cheer you on!)

1st, 2nd, and 3rd place contestants of the tournament receives a title and badge for this forum.

**Further rules may be added as time passes. Feel free to suggest rules for our consideration in our discussion forum.**

http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r98/PharaohsVizier/Tournaments/PPL/PPL-1.jpg

ifish
07-17-2010, 10:55 PM
Um... sorry if i missed anything. but how many rounds?

PharaohsVizier
07-17-2010, 11:10 PM
Rounds aren't really set as sometimes people drop out, matches can't be properly completed, etc. I'd estimate 5 rounds or so though.

Tim Cosgrove
07-18-2010, 04:15 AM
When you say "- Winner of 2 matches out of 3 advance to the next round." Do you mean each match is best 2 of 3 or do we play 3 separate matches to decide if we advance to the next round?

Shadz
07-18-2010, 04:53 AM
2 games out of 3.

E.g. Player 1 wins game 1, player 2 wins game 2, player 1 wins game 1. The (overall) winner is Player 1 as he won best 2 rounds out of 3.

PharaohsVizier
07-18-2010, 06:08 PM
Yep, it's best 2 out of 3 games. :)