PDA

View Full Version : PS3 and PSP Private Keys Released

PharaohsVizier
01-08-2011, 08:31 PM
I'm surprised we haven't created a thread on such a big piece of news yet. Basically the PS3 and PSP Private Keys were found then released. What this means is that hackers can disguise their apps and files to look like official licensed material. So far we've seen a couple of custom firmwares and a lot of big talk.

I haven't been following the topic too much, but it seems that most hackers out there have a comfortable mindset that this is unpatchable. I'm guessing this will no doubt lead to piracy, but probably a lot of homebrew and customization as well. :)

Anyone know more about it? I'm sort of curious how this will further piracy since the PS3 Jailbreak was already released. Asides from the fact that it'll run on all versions, will this allow for online play and is it detectable and such.

Overlord Nadrian
01-09-2011, 08:42 AM
It'll allow for everything, including online play, which is pretty fucking awesome if you ask me.

I can't wait for some 'real' custom firmwares, as in, completely different firmwares, e.g. Linux distros or so :D

RoMee
01-10-2011, 04:20 PM
I'm looking into it, I really want to wait and see what happens before experimenting with my PS3

Sony said: "We are aware of this, and are currently looking into it. We will fix the issues through network updates, but because this is a security issue, we are not able to provide you with any more details."