PDA

View Full Version : The Best Adventure (Puzzle/Visual Novel) Games on the DS

apple85
06-02-2011, 06:27 PM
Ok, so after 4 days of addictive play I finally managed to complete all the endings of the game '999: Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors' and really enjoyed it so decided to look up games of a similar genre.

I know that the game comes under the same/similar game genre as the Ace Attorney games (which i'm just getting into now) and the Layton games (which I love, but is annoyed as hell that the next in the series may be only 3ds releases only from now on)

Does anyone have any suggestions of any more of these types of games in this genre that has an english language version that are also very enjoyable.

(I know that this is a game genre that is very popular in Japan but not so much in the US (which often has an affect on european version releases too) so they have much more in this genre. However I don't understand the Japanese language but i am currently getting my head around game patches and specifically in this case the idea of 'english language patches' - so I suppose my question may also extend to 'Are there any good japanese/korean, etc.... of the same/similar genre with a good (liveable) english language/translation patch?)

Look forward in hearing the suggestions!

PharaohsVizier
06-02-2011, 07:45 PM
I think one of the best games in this genre is Hotel Dusk. There's a sequel too if you enjoy it. It's basically about a detective who seems to have some sort of mysterious past. He decides to stay in a hotel and finds that it is very much linked to his past. It's quite text heavy and also rather challenging at times. There's reading through people's stories and questioning them in the right way, finding various objects to advance to different sections of the hotel, and more importantly the story is actually interesting.