PDA

View Full Version : um how cum i dont hjave a match?

A-Z2996
08-27-2009, 10:16 PM
well read the title it should seem i wasnt in there anywhere match 1 2 or round 1 2 or watever am i missing sumthing?

A-Z2996
08-27-2009, 10:20 PM
btw i replaced my 3 koma trunks

DaDAM
08-27-2009, 10:26 PM
The tourney started 2 WEEKS ago and you never responded in your match thread. So you were dropped because of that.

EDIT: Here's your match thread <!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://dsdatabase.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=64&t=1253">viewtopic.php?f=64&t=1253</a><!-- l -->

PharaohsVizier
08-27-2009, 10:33 PM
Sorry AZ, if you still intend to participate in the tournament and promise you'll be active, PM me and we can negotiate.

DaDAM
08-27-2009, 10:43 PM
I don't really think that's fair for us to let him join since everyone fought or will fight at least one battle. If he participates in the tournament, does that mean he moves on to round 3 without fight a single match? Plus he shows up 2 weeks late while most of us were on time.

PharaohsVizier
08-27-2009, 10:51 PM
Actually I was going to make him play jincongz or something. But I suppose you're right DaDAM. I realize it could technically be my fault because there were a few of the notification emails that bounced back.

Shadz
08-27-2009, 11:58 PM
He should have to beat Jincongz and me.

Personally, I think that he has definatly shown lack of interest by not participating, although to be fair, he has come and asked about. Perhaps something should be done to try and show his dedication?

benjaminlibl
08-28-2009, 12:18 AM
I don't know, letting him in just like that seems too easy on him. And he's not just one or two days late, he's two weeks late.

PharaohsVizier
08-28-2009, 12:22 AM
Ok fair enough, if one other person posts in this thread (edit, I meant in favor of letting him past), I will give him a shot to join round 3. He will have to beat either Shadz or jincongz to earn the right to play.

DaDAM
08-28-2009, 01:05 AM
Well if you are doing that, why couldn't I just enter late too? Why can't anybody enter late? What's the point of having a deadline if you let anybody join whenever they want? I'm sorry for being so harsh but I just want what is fair.

PharaohsVizier
08-28-2009, 01:33 AM
I understand where you are coming from DaDAM, so final say, sorry AZ. I hope you'll join our next tournament though.

Also FYI DaDAM, the reason I wanted to be a bit lenient is because the goal of the tournament is to promote the community and have a bit of fun. I admit that sometimes I am a bit too slack, but I think if someone feels left out, then it is counter productive, at least from my point of view. But then again, I also understand that if a tournament is not done fairly then the other contestants won't be happy, which is why I've decided that AZ can't continue. Sorry.

Shadz
08-28-2009, 03:20 AM
How about let him compete, but is inelligible to win the prize. The tournament isn't JUST about winning the prizes. I think this is a fair alternative as its the most justified.

benjaminlibl
08-28-2009, 05:55 AM
And, notice he still hasn't replied after all our replies.

I don't think he'll be very interested, Shadz. After all he didn't come when there was a chance of a prize, what makes you think he would be motivated to come when there isn't?

Also FYI DaDAM, the reason I wanted to be a bit lenient is because the goal of the tournament is to promote the community and have a bit of fun.
He posted once or twice, left and came back only now. I think it's fair to say he doesn't care much about the community.

If you see this, AZ, and you think what I said was unjustified, I'm sorry. I'll be happy to play you anytime for fun though.

Jakob15
08-28-2009, 07:47 AM
Not really fair for the other people. Its like hes just skipping round 1. Maybe he could participate in the next Tournament.

jincongz
08-28-2009, 08:43 AM
DaDAM, he DID sign up, unlike you. I'm in favour of letting him in.

Jakob15
08-28-2009, 08:57 AM
Why does he have to fight Jiiconz? Why can't he fight me or something?

Got a idea lets do 3 of us all for themselfs.

jincongz
08-28-2009, 08:58 AM
He doesn't. It's just that I'm a relatively mediocre player, so it'll be a good entry barrier.

benjaminlibl
08-28-2009, 09:20 AM
At least state a reason why, man.

jincongz
08-28-2009, 09:27 AM
Erm... you quoted my reason.

DaDAM
08-28-2009, 09:59 AM

What? How did I not sign up? You can clearly see my name on the sign up list.

jincongz
08-28-2009, 10:01 AM
Really? Then I'm mistaken. So, someone explain the whole thing to me.
Edit: I misread "Well if you are doing that, why couldn't I just enter late too? " Sorry.

He DID sign up, it's just that he never got notified. Cut him some slack.

DaDAM
08-28-2009, 12:51 PM
Yea I know he signed up. If you see my first post you'll see that I actually linked him to his match thread. Anyways, I was thinking about it, and if you guys really want to let him play, then I think Shadz's proposal would be best.
This one:

How about let him compete, but is inelligible to win the prize. The tournament isn't JUST about winning the prizes. I think this is a fair alternative as its the most justified.

PharaohsVizier
08-28-2009, 12:53 PM
Well the most important part is that AZ needs to contact me directly if he wants anything to happen. We can iron out the details later on.

benjaminlibl
08-28-2009, 06:50 PM
Erm... you quoted my reason.
That's not a reason, man. SIgning up doesn't mean anything if you don't come.