PDA

View Full Version : We need a new tournament.

Jakob15
09-18-2011, 04:24 PM
DSDatabase needs a new tournament. Such as a Mario kart DS tournament or something, that game never gets old. This is fun, and could bring new members to DSDatabase, I remember how I first joined this website it was because of that Supercard DSonei tournament/raffle. :)

PharaohsVizier
09-18-2011, 04:32 PM
I know, there's been sort of a drought in terms of giveaways and tournaments lately. If there is a tournament though, it is most likely to be a 3DS title.

Jakob15
09-18-2011, 04:46 PM
Oh that makes sense. Although it won't be as easy to find a game for a tournament on the 3DS since people can't just pirate that game to play in the tournament. (If you understand what I am trying to say). Anyways I guess I won't be able to participate then oh well.

The Pi
09-18-2011, 04:57 PM
Well, a tournament is always nice. I do get what you mean by the piracy thing though (anyone with a flashcard can play, almost)

Mario Kart DS still remains fun and for now anyway seems to be the best game for a tournament.

Shame I can't get online in DS mode (no idea why, even with all security off but DSi/3DS mode is fine o_0)

PharaohsVizier
09-18-2011, 05:18 PM
Are we opposed to a 3DS tournament then? I was thinking SF4 since pretty much everyone I know with a 3DS has that game.

Jakob15
09-18-2011, 05:22 PM
Well lets wait to see what the other members decide to say.

SoulSnatcher
09-18-2011, 05:24 PM
I'm all for a SF4 tournament (getting the game).

Although Jakob15 is right, tournaments with DS games are sure to have more people participating.

Overlord Nadrian
09-18-2011, 06:04 PM
I would love a SF4 tournament, though sadly I would end last place because I suck at it. Terribly.

If there's no 3DS tournament, then I'd say Mario Kart DS is indeed the best game to play.

We've been planning to do some kind of tournament on DS-Scene as well, so maybe we could cohost one? More people participating and more prizes due to having different sponsors ;)

DaDAM
09-18-2011, 07:05 PM
I'm all for another tourney haha. SSF4 would be alright although I suck at it. DS tourney would be preferable I guess :D

Shadz
09-18-2011, 09:24 PM
Mario Kart 7 upon release?

Don't own Street Fighter.

I bought the game once on ps3, no major changes have occured yet they release multiple different versions (Super SF etc.). Cause of this, I'm opposed to spending any more money on a SF game. Refuse to buy it on 3DS.

PharaohsVizier
09-19-2011, 12:06 AM
We've been planning to do some kind of tournament on DS-Scene as well, so maybe we could cohost one? More people participating and more prizes due to having different sponsors ;)

That'd be awesome. I wasn't actually planning to ask sponsors to help out, I was thinking more along the lines of buying a 3DS game for the winner or something.

I'm all for another tourney haha. SSF4 would be alright although I suck at it. DS tourney would be preferable I guess :D

It seems everyone feels they suck at SF (me included). Though it seems like a DS tourney would be more logical... hmmmm

Mario Kart 7 upon release?

Don't own Street Fighter.

I bought the game once on ps3, no major changes have occured yet they release multiple different versions (Super SF etc.). Cause of this, I'm opposed to spending any more money on a SF game. Refuse to buy it on 3DS.

Mario Kart is sooooo far in the future :( That said, I felt the same way about buying SF, I caved in though.

Shadz
09-19-2011, 01:03 AM
MK is sposed to be December, unless just MK:DS?

Overlord Nadrian
09-19-2011, 11:29 AM
That'd be awesome. I wasn't actually planning to ask sponsors to help out, I was thinking more along the lines of buying a 3DS game for the winner or something.Oh, but then you'd have to pay for that yourself, no? Then again, if we have multiple prizes, we could have a 3DS game as the main prize, then some follow up prizes from sponsors?

It seems everyone feels they suck at SF (me included). Though it seems like a DS tourney would be more logical... hmmmmWell then, perhaps we could have a tournament where the one who sucks most actually wins! lol

The Pi
09-19-2011, 03:01 PM
Last place gets a DS-X? XD

For now anyway I do think a DS game would be better than a 3DS game tournnament wise.

A cohost with DS-Scene would be okay I guess.

dteric
09-19-2011, 03:45 PM
How about mario kart Wii since it hasn't been done before (correct me if im wrong)

though, I'm fine with MKDS if that's what everyone wants.

PharaohsVizier
09-19-2011, 04:07 PM
I don't have a Wii anymore, so I wouldn't be able to participate, clarify rules, etc.

Overlord Nadrian
09-19-2011, 04:56 PM
Idea: have both a DS and a 3DS tournament. The DS tournament would use MKDS (or similar), and the 3DS tournament would use SFIV. This would make it fair for everyone (excluding those that don't own any of said games, of course).

Jakob15
09-19-2011, 07:32 PM
Idea: have both a DS and a 3DS tournament. The DS tournament would use MKDS (or similar), and the 3DS tournament would use SFIV. This would make it fair for everyone (excluding those that don't own any of said games, of course).
Seems logical, but then wouldn't there have to be 2 different prizes? One for each.

Shadz
09-19-2011, 08:28 PM
I don't think two prizes, or two tours is a good idea, it will just split the community so to speak, when we are trying to make it one.

One tournament, probably still on NDS due to that being the majority. Game can be anything decent.

Imo of course.

Overlord Nadrian
09-19-2011, 08:48 PM
I don't think two prizes, or two tours is a good idea, it will just split the community so to speak, when we are trying to make it one.Not necessarily, someone could participate in both tournaments, but if they managed to win a prize in both competitions, they would only get to keep one and the one in second place on either one of the tournaments would then get one of those prizes.

Or something like that, anyway.