PDA

View Full Version : Indie Royale - 4 games for $2-$5

PharaohsVizier
10-30-2011, 04:25 PM
Following the success of the Humble Indie Bundle, Indie Royale introduced their "launch bundle" about a week ago. There's still about a day left. How it works is that the bundle starts off at $2, each person that buys it at the regular price bumps the price up while those that pay more decrease the price. The cost of the package has fluctuated between $2-5 and even at it's high point, it is a great deal.

The games in the launch bundle are:
ARES
Gemini Rue
Sanctum
Nimbus

Check it out, they are redeemable on Steam and Desura!

http://www.indieroyale.com/

DeltaBurnt
10-30-2011, 05:47 PM
This is a great idea, but I don't think anything can live up to the Humble Bundle. That last one they did (the third one, not the Frozen Synapse one) was amazing. After giving you 5 amazing games (1 of them being one of my personal favorites, VVVVVV), they threw in 2 more games, the entirety of the last bundle (5 more awesome games), and a 2 week free pass to Minecraft, all while not restricting the price to anything. This bundle definitely has potential though, maybe if it got some really well known/loved indie titles (Cave Story+ or maybe Noitu Love 2) it could sky rocket like the HB.

EDIT: Not to mention the transparency of the Humble Bundle. They allow you to choose where all the pay goes (including options for charity). Indie Royal doesn't seem to have a mention of charity, nor how much of a cut the developers get.

PharaohsVizier
10-30-2011, 07:53 PM
Yea the Indie Royal doesn't donate anything to charity. The Humble Indie Bundle will probably always sell more simply because there are people out there that'll donate a penny, while the Indie Royale will still cost them $2 at the very least. Oh well, I'm really liking where this is going as more games are being pushed this way. They are clearly selling more than they expected and getting some good money, while everyone is getting awesome games for cheap.

DeltaBurnt
10-31-2011, 05:35 PM
Yah, I really hope this trend catches on so we can see a larger indie community.