PDA

View Full Version : WORST Case of a DLC - Blood Pack

PharaohsVizier
11-30-2011, 07:33 PM
I think people have been saying that DLC packs are the plague for a while, and there are some developers which prove us wrong by giving actual GOOD downloads for reasonable prices. And then we have this kind of crap which is an obvious grab for money....

Source: http://store.steampowered.com/app/201272/

(http://store.steampowered.com/app/201272/)So I can honestly say that I wanted to see some blood in the game, everyone was wearing shiny armor even after a tough battle, but still... $1.50 for a little checkbox in the options menu... Granted apparently there is one new animation where decapitation occurs, but still... Developers used to give these updates for free... What happened...

Overlord Nadrian
11-30-2011, 07:54 PM
What would be even worse is if this were actually already in the game when you first downloaded it.

Still, developers that do this should be ashamed of themselves.

PharaohsVizier
12-02-2011, 06:11 PM
Well seems like they have two excuses they are sticking by. Apparently by selling this DLC separately, they get an M rating for the DLC, but the original game is still on shelves with a T. According to them, if they distributed the DLC for free, they would have to change the rating of the retail game. The other thing is that they put "months of work" into it, which is just BS.

Shadz
12-02-2011, 06:26 PM
Left 4 Dead was amazing, then Left 4 Dead 1.1 (l4d2) came out, less than a year after release.

Only game which I am purely amazed at the DLC, is team fortress 2, or really, most Valve games. TF2 is just...godlike though.

PharaohsVizier
12-02-2011, 06:31 PM
While I'm sort of pissed at L4D2 as well since I paid full price for it, I think it was okay because the price went down soooooo fast that the cost was pretty much what it would have been if it was just an expansion pack or even a DLC later on.

DeltaBurnt
12-03-2011, 11:47 AM
What happened...

Companies like EA and Activision happened.