PDA

View Full Version : [RUMOR] PS4 and Xbox720 news starting to pile up

PharaohsVizier
01-08-2012, 12:13 AM
In the past few days more and more rumors are floating around about the next generation consoles. In my eyes, the Xbox 720 has had enough sort of sources to be plausible, though the PS4 is relatively new. The most interesting rumors is that all 3 next gen consoles are coming into play this year. With all three consoles released at the same time frame, it could be an interesting fight.

Jakob15
01-08-2012, 10:34 AM
I'm doubting that the Xbox 720 will be released this year. Maybe late 2012 and early 2013. The PS4 will mostly likely be late 2013.

PharaohsVizier
01-08-2012, 10:20 PM
I agree, I find it a little hard to believe that two unannounced consoles will make it before the year end. They generally like the bit of time to build hype and obviously give developers time to make games. I'm really hoping it's true though, I think I'm ready for a new generation of consoles. The Wii is getting a bit stale and ridiculously underpowered, the PS3 is losing out to high end PC gaming and I think Microsoft has been pushing the Kinect a little too hard. That said, it'll be another round of expensive consoles as even Nintendo has ramped up the power. I'm concerned for my wallet more than anything.

DeltaBurnt
01-08-2012, 11:56 PM
The PS3 lost out to high end PCs when it even came out :P

The problem with consoles is that by the time they come out all of their specs is hardware released/viable for PCs 2-3 years before the actual console (because they need approval, hype is required, devs need to develop, etc.)

PharaohsVizier
01-09-2012, 12:04 AM
Depends on how high end we are talking. When the PS3 was out, it certainly competed with pretty competent computers at a much more affordable price range. It isn't merely about the specs, but also that games are designed with one single device in mind (well not really, but you get my idea) and that all available resources is for that particular game rather than several dozen other things in the background. At this point, even average PC's seem to compete on par with the PS3 while higher end ones have graphical options that completely trounce it.

Jakob15
01-09-2012, 12:18 AM
PC gaming just sucks no matter of how you think about it. With console gaming its much more easier for the average person to go out and buy a console(PS3/360), the average person wants to buy a game put it in there console and play it. That's it. With a PC you need to go out and buy an expensive gaming computer, then you have to make sure your graphics card is good enough to play the game oh wait don't forget about your CPU and RAM. Then you will have configure it correctly and some games just won't work how they should because of different hardware and how they function.

PharaohsVizier
01-09-2012, 01:37 AM
I don't even know where to begin. I'm sure I can argue with you in a million different ways, but the thing I want to get through is that PC gaming is affordable. Yes a gaming computer is expensive, but they arne't really necessary. An average computer that's about $400-$500 is more than enough for most modern games, and even the cheapest computer at Best Buy should be able to run games from two or three years back. You can argue that it is easier to just go out and pay for a console, but honestly if you buy a decent computer, you should be fine. You don't need to check your graphics card, processor, ram, etc. And the most important part is that you can cut out a console from your life, but everyone HAS TO have a computer be it for work or school. That $400 isn't just going towards gaming, but also affects a lot of different aspects of your life. You can get much better value out of your money if you put it in a computer than a gaming console.

DeltaBurnt
01-09-2012, 06:06 PM
I don't even know where to begin. I'm sure I can argue with you in a million different ways, but the thing I want to get through is that PC gaming is affordable. Yes a gaming computer is expensive, but they arne't really necessary. An average computer that's about $400-$500 is more than enough for most modern games, and even the cheapest computer at Best Buy should be able to run games from two or three years back. You can argue that it is easier to just go out and pay for a console, but honestly if you buy a decent computer, you should be fine. You don't need to check your graphics card, processor, ram, etc. And the most important part is that you can cut out a console from your life, but everyone HAS TO have a computer be it for work or school. That $400 isn't just going towards gaming, but also affects a lot of different aspects of your life. You can get much better value out of your money if you put it in a computer than a gaming console.

My current PC that I built is probably $700 total and I have a powerful quad core processor, 2 TB HDDs/2 Smaller HDDs (with room for 3 more), a graphics card that can play Crysis at max settings (13th best on the market right now), and other goodies. With platforms like Steam, being able to use it for school, the plethora of free games available, 1080p movie/music (seriously, I want the PS3 to play MKVs before it can be considered a media-centric console). So I figure that's more than enough to back up your point.

PC gaming just sucks no matter of how you think about it. With console gaming its much more easier for the average person to go out and buy a console(PS3/360), the average person wants to buy a game put it in there console and play it. That's it. With a PC you need to go out and buy an expensive gaming computer, then you have to make sure your graphics card is good enough to play the game oh wait don't forget about your CPU and RAM. Then you will have configure it correctly and some games just won't work how they should because of different hardware and how they function.

First of all, CPU and RAM are probably the least volatile (not in a literal sense, especially for RAM) parts of your computer. If you get a decent CPU (which can go for as cheap as $50-$70) and 2-3 GB of RAM you can play most games on the market and many games in the foreseeable future. Graphics cards are a bigger investment, but, as stated earlier, mid-end graphics card (not even $100) can beat or match the PS3 at this point. Furthermore, your point about consoles being "easier" is completely invalid. Most adults (this is ignoring the 90% tech-savvy teen population) have been using some form of computer since they were our age, and they probably use them all the time for work. Not to mention that the price of gaming on the PC is exponentially cheaper than consoles. I literally tripled my Steam library (98 games, valued at $1187.99) with the price of 2 xbox 360 games from Steam sales and other sales.