PDA

View Full Version : Ace Attorney 5 Announced

DeltaBurnt
01-29-2012, 12:38 PM

Ace Attorney 5 was announced today in celebration of the 10th anniversary of the series. There doesn't appear to be any details, other than the fact that Capcom is currently developing it. Chances are, though, that it will be released for the 3DS (following the pattern of releases for the games). There's also no confirmation of an English release.

Source (http://www.dualshockers.com/2012/01/29/objection-ace-attorney-5-announced/)

Jakob15
01-29-2012, 12:42 PM
Hopefully they will localize it as they haven't with AAI2.

PharaohsVizier
01-29-2012, 07:12 PM
Well I'm quite certain they will. AAI2 is more of a spinoff than anything, sort of understandable why they didn't localize it, whereas an actual sequel to the series.

DeltaBurnt
01-30-2012, 09:03 AM
Well I'm quite certain they will. AAI2 is more of a spinoff than anything, sort of understandable why they didn't localize it, whereas an actual sequel to the series.

I'm going to be really made if Ace Attorney 5 turns out to be worse than AAI2, as I really liked Investigations 1.

PharaohsVizier
01-30-2012, 01:16 PM
I really loved AAI1 as well, it gave a very interesting perspective into a secondary character. I don't think that's the prevailing opinion though, and understandably it isn't built with the core of Phoenix Wright gameplay and it certainly pales in comparison side by side. We enjoy it simply because we are fans and appreciate every minor connection to the original series, but as a standalone game, I can see why it isn't so great.

DeltaBurnt
01-30-2012, 06:56 PM
I really loved AAI1 as well, it gave a very interesting perspective into a secondary character. I don't think that's the prevailing opinion though, and understandably it isn't built with the core of Phoenix Wright gameplay and it certainly pales in comparison side by side. We enjoy it simply because we are fans and appreciate every minor connection to the original series, but as a standalone game, I can see why it isn't so great.

To be honest the free walking mechanic of AAI could easily appeal to those who don't really enjoy AA's investigation mode. With the regular AA games, being outside of court is essentially a VN with a few extra options of how to interact with people.

PharaohsVizier
02-07-2012, 07:16 PM
Hmmm, well I didn't like the investigation mode that much, it kept me from being in the courts. :(

DeltaBurnt
02-07-2012, 07:57 PM
Hmmm, well I didn't like the investigation mode that much, it kept me from being in the courts. :(

Investigation mode with regular Phoenix Wright got old very fast and made me wish I was in court, investigation with Edgeworth was very engaging and much more fun than it's PW counterpart. I'm hoping that one day they make a Phoenix Wright game where you do the investigations like Edgeworth but go in court like Phoenix.