PDA

View Full Version : Anybody get a PS Vita?

TheNeck
02-22-2012, 10:24 PM
i checked it out finally at bestbuy, it was cool, but I can wait to get it.

Anybody get one, how do you like it so far? what games did you get and how are they?

Jakob15
02-22-2012, 10:56 PM
I think I am going to get it in a year or even once its hacked. I already have a PS3 and a 3DS, two systems that aren't hacked yet, and ones that I need to actually buy games for. Not looking forward to have 3 systems that I then need to buy games for.

PharaohsVizier
02-22-2012, 11:17 PM
Unfortunately not yet, but I fully intend to sooner or later. I just don't see myself playing any of the games on the device yet, or rather, don't see myself desperate to play them yet. I'm going to wait it out a bit for a few more games that interest me and a hopeful price drop or even a chance to trade in my games.

TheNeck
02-23-2012, 12:22 AM
yeah i will get one by xmas for my son most likely, hopefully they will have some kind of deal on the vita, or perhaps a price drop.

Overlord Nadrian
02-23-2012, 01:05 AM
I'll get one when it gets either a price drop or games. In the meantime, there are many many 3DS games and the two remaining quality Wii games (The Last Story and Pandora's Tower, screw Mario Party) coming out, so I need to make sure I still have some money left by the end of the next couple of months.

stab244
02-23-2012, 01:57 PM
My friend got one when it came out in Japan. Graphics are pretty decent. Thumbsticks move but not quite as far as you think they would (theres actually like a ring of plastic to prevent them from moving too far). Touchscreens are nice and sensitive enough. The device is very large though so keep that in mind if you are going to buy.

macboy3000
02-23-2012, 11:03 PM
I will probably get it when there are 3rd party vita memory cards and it's hacked. 100 bucks for 32 gb, seriously?

Jakob15
02-23-2012, 11:37 PM
I will probably get it when there are 3rd party vita memory cards and it's hacked. 100 bucks for 32 gb, seriously?

We need another Photofast for the Vita, just like we had one for the PSP. Would be awesome.

PharaohsVizier
02-26-2012, 10:46 PM
Had a try of the Vita today, buttons were a bit small, I think I could get used to it, but a bit it was a bit oddly placed, kind of like the D-Pad on the 3DS. It wasn't as bad, but everything felt a little off. That said, the device was amazingly light and the hardware felt pretty good.

Shadz
02-27-2012, 08:54 AM
No point, I've got a 3DS for travel as well as an iTouch. At home my ps3 with the new Final Fantasy will keep me amused. Stilling finishing XIII though.

Whilst the Vita does look good, PSP's and Sony Handhelds generally haven't appealed to me as much.

RoMee
04-07-2012, 03:18 PM
Just bought a used wifi for $170 off craigslist. Even though I told myself I wouldn't buy one because I just bought the new iPad, but $170 (like new with a 4GB memory card) was I deal I couldn't pass up.
My first impression? Meh...Just like the 3DS it didn't feel like I was playing with a new gadget, but the Vita games are more to my liking, so I'm actually using it instead of letting it collect dust like my 3DS.

I'm pretty sure after I finish unit 13 and uncharted it be next to the 3DS collecting dust.

PharaohsVizier
04-08-2012, 04:57 PM
I can certainly understand why it doesn't feel like a new gadget (for one, because it's a used one :P), this generation of handhelds hasn't evolved too much from the last. Just tweaks and improvements rather than a radical change. If you are looking for the new gadget feel, you are probably better off looking for a new device entirely, a tablet, a pair of spy goggles, etc. My 3DS hasn't been collecting that much dust since I got Kid Icarus, anything that has a multiplayer game that you'd enjoy extends the life of the console drastically.

Jakob15
04-08-2012, 05:38 PM
PharaohsVizier did you get a PS Vita? I was hoping the PS Vita wouldn't sell well just like the 3DS didn't so that Sony would lower the price. But I don't see that happening now anytime soon.

PharaohsVizier
04-08-2012, 05:47 PM
Nope, nothing on the console I REALLY want just yet, though there are a few that will be released soon. I'm in the process of building a new computer so cash is a bit tight, hoping for a price drop too. :(

DeltaBurnt
04-08-2012, 08:55 PM
PharaohsVizier did you get a PS Vita? I was hoping the PS Vita wouldn't sell well just like the 3DS didn't so that Sony would lower the price. But I don't see that happening now anytime soon.

Sony would probably have to sell the Vita at a loss if they lowered the price this early, and we all know Sony took quite a hit from selling the PS3 at a loss.

TheNeck
04-09-2012, 11:28 AM
I just ordered a ps vita wifi from amazon warehouse last week, in which i get it today. But i dont get to play with it till after work. :(

The thing is im not sure what games I want to get, at least not what physical games to get that is. I will get Tales From Space: Mutant Blobs Attack and Super Stardust Delta from the PSN store for sure tonight.

RoMee
04-09-2012, 02:06 PM
I just ordered a ps vita wifi from amazon warehouse last week, in which i get it today. But i dont get to play with it till after work. :(

The thing is im not sure what games I want to get, at least not what physical games to get that is. I will get Tales From Space: Mutant Blobs Attack and Super Stardust Delta from the PSN store for sure tonight.

Don't forget the free RC game and the 3 Free AR games.
My Like new $187 from AWD got cancelled. They marked it as shipped but UPS said they never got it from amazon. Works out better for me because the next day I found mine from Craigslist for $170.

TheNeck
04-09-2012, 02:56 PM
Don't forget the free RC game and the 3 Free AR games.
My Like new $187 from AWD got cancelled. They marked it as shipped but UPS said they never got it from amazon. Works out better for me because the next day I found mine from Craigslist for $170.
Yeah i got the motorstorm RC games already downloaded on my ps3, but i didnt know about the 3 free AR games. Thanks Also by chance do you know the names of those 3 AR games?

RoMee
04-09-2012, 03:13 PM
You'll have to search them individually.
-Fireworks
-Cliff Diving
-Table Soccer

That free Michael Jackson game from the demo glitch works. Don't know if you got it.

TheNeck
04-09-2012, 03:21 PM
You'll have to search them individually.
-Fireworks
-Cliff Diving
-Table Soccer

That free Michael Jackson game from the demo glitch works. Don't know if you got it.
Thanks for the name of the 3 AR games.

Unfortunately i haven't been in the loop when it comes to the vita, so i haven't heard of the free MJ game from a demo glitch. :(

RoMee
04-09-2012, 03:47 PM
Unfortunately i haven't been in the loop when it comes to the vita, so i haven't heard of the free MJ game from a demo glitch. :(
Really?
It was on CAG in the deal section.

It was suppose to be a demo, but they made a mistake and upload the full game instead, so who ever downloaded the demo got the full game for free.
I guess it wasn't really a glitch, it's more of a mistake by sony of ubisoft.

Well, have fun with your Vita.

TheNeck
04-09-2012, 04:58 PM
Really?
It was on CAG in the deal section.

It was suppose to be a demo, but they made a mistake and upload the full game instead, so who ever downloaded the demo got the full game for free.
I guess it wasn't really a glitch, it's more of a mistake by sony of ubisoft.

Well, have fun with your Vita.
actually since it was a vita deal, i wasn't paying much attention to it at the time. :(

DeltaBurnt
04-10-2012, 07:30 PM
On the note of the Vita, how is Uncharted? I have all three on the PS3 and I honestly think the third couldn't hold up to the second one.

TheNeck
04-10-2012, 09:02 PM
On the note of the Vita, how is Uncharted? I have all three on the PS3 and I honestly think the third couldn't hold up to the second one.
Uncharted is one of the best vita games right now, it's AWESOME. But i can't really compare it to the PS3 versions, since i never really played them that much.

Jakob15
04-10-2012, 09:35 PM
If I get uncharted would you recommend me to go with the first one or the second one?

DeltaBurnt
04-10-2012, 09:56 PM
If I get uncharted would you recommend me to go with the first one or the second one?

Second, it's my absolute favorite of the three. The first had too many repetitive fights, the third has a nice mix but it's missing the spark that the second had. You don't really need to play the first to understand the story.

PharaohsVizier
04-14-2012, 12:38 PM
Uncharted is one of the best vita games right now, it's AWESOME. But i can't really compare it to the PS3 versions, since i never really played them that much.

It's supposed to pale quite drastically in comparison, which in some ways is unsurprising seeing as how high the bar was set. What other games have you been playing or are looking forward to? I'm trying to justify another purchase but yea...

RoMee
04-14-2012, 04:56 PM
The Vita version wasn't made by Naughty Dog so you can't really expect the same quality.
It's still a very good game if you don't compare it to the console's version.