PDA

View Full Version : Pokemon HeartGold/SoulSilver Discussion

Mr.Positive
08-03-2009, 12:10 PM
Anybody looking forward to this as much as I am? It's nice to know that Gamefreak is putting a lot of effort into these remakes.

benjaminlibl
08-03-2009, 07:21 PM
Not really. I think they're overdoing it, and that's putting it mildly.

However that won't stop me from trying it.

Da-Bomb1
08-03-2009, 07:59 PM
I think it looks pretty cool, to say the least. But I really think they should be working on something to really bring the series forward another step...and not just stay stuck in the past like they have with all their past games. The games themselves have only changed very little from generation to generation...

PharaohsVizier
08-03-2009, 09:24 PM
Won't stop me from pirating it. :) I don't think Pokemon is overdoing it, I'm genuinely excited for the game. :) Especially since gold/silver ROCKS

benjaminlibl
08-03-2009, 09:56 PM
I think it looks pretty cool, to say the least. But I really think they should be working on something to really bring the series forward another step...and not just stay stuck in the past like they have with all their past games. The games themselves have only changed very little from generation to generation...
Exactly. Even in new games like Platinum, there's nothing really special.

And the storylines.. never change. Get starter. Go through all the gyms. In the process, meet evil team. Thwart evil team. Beat Elite Four.

What I want to know is, how will this be different from the GBC version besides the fact that there are better graphics?

PharaohsVizier
08-03-2009, 11:06 PM
I have to say that I don't completely agree. Every generation of the game does introduce new things, running shoes, berries, breeding, these are all pretty HUGE updates.

It is true that the story line stays the same, but I feel that each version is different enough to justify a new game. I mean if you look at different Harvest Moon games, you'll find that the upgrades aren't huge either, it retains a similar playstyle. If it ain't broke, why fix it?

benjaminlibl
08-03-2009, 11:22 PM
I don't know.. I don't think the Harvest Moon series has been getting better.

I played Friends of Mineral Town on GBA a few years back, and so far, it's the only one the I've enjoyed. I've tried A Futuristic Harvest Moon on PSP and I didn't really like it. Being in the "future" makes farming seem kind of pointless. I also bought Harvest Moon: Island of Happiness. It was alright, but there were things that I missed a lot. I missed power berries. I missed the weather trick. The games have changed, but not neccessarily for the better.

I like Platinum, and the other games, don't get me wrong. I do like the new things in the game, like the Poketch, which is really good for keeping track of when eggs are about to hatch. Or the way you're allowed to run indoors now.

Perhaps it's the fact that I played those games when I was a kid, and everything seemed mind-blowing.

PharaohsVizier
08-03-2009, 11:25 PM
Heh, well I don't think there is any innovation as great as when you went from nothing to Pokemon Red and Blue, but the game is growing at a decent rate. Harvest Moon was probably a bad example, it is a dying franchise, but look at Zelda, since the 3D one, you could argue innovation remained at a standstill.

The fact is that many popular series don't change much, but do just enough. Pokemon gets a really bad reputation because it is one of those series, but also they like to release 2 games at the same time, and a third for the slightly updated version. People get angry over this, but don't realize that they don't really buy all 3, I don't think that was the intention, it was to stimulate the need to trade and partner up, etc.

benjaminlibl
08-03-2009, 11:36 PM
The fact is that many popular series don't change much, but do just enough.
I like this.

Pokemon gets a really bad reputation because it is one of those series, but also they like to release 2 games at the same time, and a third for the slightly updated version.
Yeah. I've always thought how awesome it would be if they had an edition that made every single one catchable. But it really isn't possible to do that. People would just buy one, and be done for the rest of their lives.

Shadz
08-04-2009, 04:19 AM
Gold/silver were the best...And im pumped for the remake.

I still want to see an updated TCG (trading card game)

Mr.Positive
08-05-2009, 12:18 AM
I still want to see an updated TCG (trading card game)

This.

I keep telling people how awesome wifi card battles would be.

Burnedmagix
08-05-2009, 08:35 PM
I'm not exactly looking forward to it, because I haven't heard of anything else new.
It's just better graphics, isn't it?
Still, it won't stop me from trying it.

Mr.Positive
08-06-2009, 09:11 AM
Here are some demo videos:

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_vgK1cObRI&feature=channel_page">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_vgK1cO ... annel_page</a><!-- m -->
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fGDIYgU21QI&feature=channel_page">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fGDIYgU2 ... annel_page</a><!-- m -->
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xptBrTvxBAo&feature=channel_page">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xptBrTvx ... annel_page</a><!-- m -->

arturconfituur
08-07-2009, 05:31 AM
What wil they do when they run out of names?

Omega_2
08-20-2009, 04:11 AM
What wil they do when they run out of names?

They'll start combining names and making things up[Yes, they'll actually try this time around :P], you'd be surprised what people can come up with whilst drunk :colors:

Shadz
08-20-2009, 04:29 AM
Definately, have you seen some of the names used in Ranger Battonage? They suck!!

Pokemon remakes though....*fap fap fap fap*

asdf
08-20-2009, 06:11 PM
I'll be buying both versions. I never pirate the main Pokémon games.

Shadz
08-20-2009, 06:36 PM
My pokemon collection:

Pokemon Red, Blue, Yellow, Trading Card Game, Puzzle League (GBC), Pinball, Gold, Silver, Ruby, Leaf Green, Pearl, Platinum, Stadium, Stadium 2, Puzzle League (N64) and Battle Revolution (Run it on my PC).

Of all these, I didn't pay for PBR or Platinum

PharaohsVizier
08-20-2009, 08:12 PM
You know, I was a pretty avid Pokemon fan. It was quite a few years ago that I had started collecting the carts again after the big fad. I was an elementary school student, so imagine how long ago that was, and I gave people $2 for each of their carts, and I collected em. I had 2 copies of blue, red, yellow, silver, gold, but only 1 copy of diamond. I had 2 gameboy colors, 1 link cable. It was pretty sweet, but I had to let it all go because I couldn't turn down money. I can't remember how much I sold it for, but I made a bundle, was pretty sad about it though.