PDA

View Full Version : Which home console are you?

PharaohsVizier
08-02-2009, 12:49 AM
I've been thinking about a question a friend asked a few days ago, what is your favorite current gen system? Well I regret not buying the XBOX360 a lot, but I do have a lot of fun with the PS3 I have. The Wii that I had was fun, but in a very different sort of way.

I can't really explain, but I think I'd still probably go with the PS3 in terms of my current favorite console. The Wii does a lot of things right, and I think next generation will be dominated by their control scheme, but at the moment, it still has a lot of things to work out. I am not happy at all that the Wii Motion Plus was released and that we have to buy another game or another peripheral to take advantage of the things that should have been supplied at the start, which is my only real grudge against the Wii. I've never had the XBOX360, only mooched it a bit, so I can't say for certain between XBOX360 and PS3.

Shadz
08-02-2009, 01:13 AM
Although right now I am a huge PC gamer, after my final exams this year (last year of school FTW) I am gonna get a PS3.

Plenty of people say Sony went wrong with a PS3 but its really quite similar to Xbox 360. Only reason I would go a PS3 over an Xbox is because:

Most of my friends have PS3's
No extra costs for online gaming
Most of the high rated games are on both PS3 and Xbox, with exceptions of games like Halo

benjaminlibl
08-02-2009, 01:50 AM
I do not have a PS3, but I do have a Wii and an XBOX 360.

I think the Wii is aimed more towards the younger crowd. The games are pretty fun, but only for awhile. It's a new concept, a new idea, a new way to play, until it gets old. Then it isn't.

*My* XBOX 360 pissed me off to no end. I know the new ones don't have this problem, but I experienced the dreaded red rings of death. What's worse, they came back again and again after repairs. I couldn't send it back to Microsoft for reasons you can probably guess, so I was pretty much screwed. Still, I don't see how a product so badly flawed could be put on the market.

Solarpolitiks
08-02-2009, 02:03 PM
Heh, I only own the Wii anyways. Most of the time I am playing VC or homebrew stuff. The main games I actually play are available on other consoles (Rock band, Guitar Hero, etc.) But the Wii does have some great games like Punchout!!

arturconfituur
08-07-2009, 05:16 PM
pc, nds and psp most defenitly. I dont own a ps3 or xbox 360, but i don't need to.

I can take my psp with me whenever I want, so like when I wanna see a movie on the train, I just start pspTube (homebrew game to watch internet movies) or when I want to play a new game, I just download it,
just like on the pc (legally and still free!!!!). I can play all my gba roms, make free calls around the globe,
use gps,...

I think the handheld consoles are better, cause you can do lots of thngs with it, AND it is portable...

SNESGAMER
08-08-2009, 06:52 AM
I am big into the 360 at the moment. The gameplay is just great and i love trying to get achievements on every game.

The Wii has been in my opinion. There has not been any great games released for a while. Although some are being developed, I hope there will be a good change with the wii games soon.

Omega_2
08-11-2009, 04:47 AM
wii. Mainly for the homebrew[star fox 2, anyone? :P]
Oh, and the occasional laugh from trying to work the wiimotes with my pc XD

gundamboy
08-12-2009, 02:54 AM
wii, I've been glued to it almost the whole day... level grinding!

and its easy to bring around with me, knowing that the wiimote and nunchuk can be used for defense just in case!