PDA

View Full Version : Zelda: Spirit Tracks Discussion

DeltaBurnt
12-06-2009, 10:35 AM
Well they got a working fix for the m3 (thanks to densetsu for posting it on gbatemp). It's pretty fun, they've taken all the old Phantom Hourglass menus and made them more alive. The menus are alot better just all around.

You'll also notice they use alot of the same models for alot of things but they use them for different kinds of puzzles. Like the stone heads in PH that you would have to angle correctly as they shot out lazors are used for a different puzzle in ST. What they do is have a bunch of them in a circle facing different directions and a map asks you to connect the two facing each other. So I was happy that they're not just taking PH and giving it a train, they're actually trying to make it a different game.

Riding on the train is surprisingly fun, seeing the full landscape as you ride through it is also pretty cool. Only thing I don't like is they made riding on the train too easy by being able to draw the path you want. I would rather just have them make you use the map and manually switch which direction you go (you can still do that though).

Oh and also right off the bat you get some interesting types of puzzles that are harder and more fun than PH's. Like (spoiler...sorta...it happens within the first 5 minutes anyways) when you have to sneak the princess out of the castle, since she gave you the guard uniform, none of the guards care if they see you. So what you have to do is throw a rock at a guard or talk to them to distract them and tell Zelda to walk past.

Shwew, so yah I like the game. I'm actually stuck at the beginning of the first temple because I don't know what to do, heh.

Would anyone mind if I wrote a first impression/mini review blog of this game? (And yes I know I'm trying to work on my DSi case review, but everytime I open it up something else comes up)

PharaohsVizier
12-06-2009, 01:13 PM
Nope, go for it Deltaburnt.

I'm actually kind of annoyed, I had an AceKard 2i, but well, long story short, I don't anymore. Waiting for 0SZ's package to come here. Anyways, the M3 fix doesn't work with the save file I already have... -.-

Anyways, I am not a fan of the train... or the boat from PH either. I guess I'd rather teleport than look at the gorgeous landscapes. I mean don't get me wrong, it is fun the first few times, but I really hate taking time to travel in between and having to worry about the damn monsters. Where's my ocarina! :(

Definitely a better game than PH, I have had a bit of fun solving puzzles so far, I'm not sure why people hate touch screen controls, they work fine for me, although blowing into the screen is not ideal.

Jakob15
12-06-2009, 01:33 PM
The game won't work on my M3. And my Acekard 2i isn't with me right now. Wtf should I do.

DeltaBurnt
12-06-2009, 02:01 PM
Nope, go for it Deltaburnt.

I'm actually kind of annoyed, I had an AceKard 2i, but well, long story short, I don't anymore. Waiting for 0SZ's package to come here. Anyways, the M3 fix doesn't work with the save file I already have... -.-

Anyways, I am not a fan of the train... or the boat from PH either. I guess I'd rather teleport than look at the gorgeous landscapes. I mean don't get me wrong, it is fun the first few times, but I really hate taking time to travel in between and having to worry about the damn monsters. Where's my ocarina! :(

Definitely a better game than PH, I have had a bit of fun solving puzzles so far, I'm not sure why people hate touch screen controls, they work fine for me, although blowing into the screen is not ideal.

Ah that sucks, what happened to your acekard?

Also I think the flute is kind of fun too, a good alternative to the ocarina and it plays nice relaxing music :D

Anyways, do you think you could help me with where I'm stuck? I've gotten past Gage and I got to the Wood Temple. I enter and I can't go anywhere because I don't have any other item besides the flute. So I can't hit the switch across the gap to open the door, and I don't have a key to open the first door.

So is there a place where I can get the second item? (don't say what it is for spoilers sake)

The game won't work on my M3. And my Acekard 2i isn't with me right now. Wtf should I do.

To get it to work on the M3 you have to patch is with a certain patch and use a certain save file. Then you have to turn off everything like soft-reset and cheats.

PharaohsVizier
12-06-2009, 05:12 PM
Okay false alarm, got my AceKard back. :)

Asides from that, the flute is sort of cool, let's just say I wasn't referring to that when I say blowing on the screen.

And yes there is a place you can get the second item, it's in the temple somewhere. I have to say the second temple had a bit of an interesting puzzle that's very different from what I normally expect.

DeltaBurnt
12-06-2009, 07:14 PM
Okay false alarm, got my AceKard back. :)

Asides from that, the flute is sort of cool, let's just say I wasn't referring to that when I say blowing on the screen.

And yes there is a place you can get the second item, it's in the temple somewhere. I have to say the second temple had a bit of an interesting puzzle that's very different from what I normally expect.

Yah I just opened up the third rail map. I figured out how to get past the first part of the first temple right after I posted that xD

And yah the 2nd temple's (spoilers?) ice fire freezing water idea was cool. I also like the tower's (if you know what I mean by tower ;) ) 3rd story type of puzzle.

PharaohsVizier
12-06-2009, 07:29 PM
Exactly, I enjoyed the second temple quite a bit. I might move on to the third temple tonight or something.

DeltaBurnt
12-06-2009, 10:07 PM
Exactly, I enjoyed the second temple quite a bit. I might move on to the third temple tonight or something.

Well if you haven't tried to make your way over to the 3rd rail map yet then be prepared to meet the son of an old annoyance/friend.

PharaohsVizier
12-07-2009, 12:27 AM
Errr I'm at the 8th floor or something, and there's this path that's covered in darkness and torches, lit and unlit. There are also only 2 tears of light on the floor. Any clue how I can get by it? Can't seem to reach the two torches at the bottom left corner.

DeltaBurnt
12-07-2009, 12:48 AM
Errr I'm at the 8th floor or something, and there's this path that's covered in darkness and torches, lit and unlit. There are also only 2 tears of light on the floor. Any clue how I can get by it? Can't seem to reach the two torches at the bottom left corner.

One of the stone tablets say to blowout the torch in the top right corner and then you'll see a light ;)

PharaohsVizier
12-07-2009, 01:13 AM
Nice! Thanks :)

DeltaBurnt
12-07-2009, 05:51 PM
WOW! There's a really cool puzzle on the fourth story of the tower:

(spoilers)

What you have to do is get Zelda in one of the warp phantoms (whenever she's in one of those if you draw her walk path to a sentry she'll teleport there). She also can't go over sand or she'll sink. So what you do is stun a sentry and blow it over a patch of sand to teleport her across it.

I'm loving this game's puzzles!