PDA

View Full Version : I <3 Class 6 Micro SDHC Cards

DeltaBurnt
12-04-2009, 11:03 PM
I just got my 8 GB Transcend Class 6 micro sdhc card that I bought for 15 bucks on new egg.

I just tested the opening on Dawn of Sorrow and there's no lag, also I can now continue to play Portrait of Ruin because I no longer freeze at the same spot!

I also got past the intro movie in The World Ends With You without having to open and close my DSi repeatedly!

BoxShot
12-04-2009, 11:54 PM
I </3 Newegg! :P

DeltaBurnt
12-05-2009, 10:44 AM
I </3 Newegg! :P

That's not really what this topic is for but ok...

Jakob15
12-05-2009, 11:38 AM
My 4gb class 2 really sucks... Games run so slowly on M3 because of it. But on Acekard everything is perfect. And saving stuff in homebrews like lameboy take a while, and DPG files are kinda lagy.

PharaohsVizier
12-05-2009, 12:24 PM
Heh I know exactly how you feel Delta, when I first got that 8GB card I was ecstatic. I thought I'd never fill that space up. 2 days later... nope turns out 8GB still isn't enough. I'm thinking of getting a 16GB, but it's pretty pricey :(

DeltaBurnt
12-05-2009, 12:41 PM
Heh I know exactly how you feel Delta, when I first got that 8GB card I was ecstatic. I thought I'd never fill that space up. 2 days later... nope turns out 8GB still isn't enough. I'm thinking of getting a 16GB, but it's pretty pricey :(

You got the same card too?

I mainly don't care about the size so far I've only filled half of my 4 GB micro sdhc card. I don't want to put too much on there at one because the more on there means the more I have to backup. So I'm not just going to go find as many games as I can find and shove em on there (though I thought of it before...).

Jakob15
12-05-2009, 04:18 PM
Deltaburnt didn't you already have a 8gb?

PharaohsVizier
12-05-2009, 06:51 PM
Well I was referring to when I first bought an 8GB card. I do have the transcend, I hate their packaging, but o well, decent card all around.

DeltaBurnt
12-05-2009, 08:58 PM
Deltaburnt didn't you already have a 8gb?

No I had a 4 GB class 4 Kingston.

Well I was referring to when I first bought an 8GB card. I do have the transcend, I hate their packaging, but o well, decent card all around.

I know! I hate that sealed plastic packaging, always a pain to open :\

Solarpolitiks
12-05-2009, 10:53 PM
38 bucks for a 16GB on Amazon. I ordered mine and should receive it soon. I don't plan on using it on my DSi though.

PharaohsVizier
12-05-2009, 11:33 PM
You americans and your low prices :(

For us, if we get it in stores, its $90-$105 CAD. If I look around, hit all the right sales and stuff, still at least $50-$60. :(

BoxShot
12-06-2009, 12:01 AM
:O Ouch then again stores like to overprice their stuff usually.

PharaohsVizier
12-06-2009, 12:23 AM
Well I mean even our version of amazon and newegg have them at pretty crap prices. Amazon.com won't ship to Canada for free... instead they charge us a billion times more to cross the border... I swear I'm 2 hours drive from the border....

BoxShot
12-06-2009, 02:52 AM
Do they charge you more than the $15 I get charged from newegg to ship to Hawaii? (This is for just one micro sd) Don't you guys have an Amazon.ca or something?

PharaohsVizier
12-06-2009, 01:08 PM
Yea but Amazon.ca is not cheap when it comes to MicroSD cards :( I bought a few books the other day from amazon though, great service :)

Jakob15
12-06-2009, 01:34 PM
Why is everything in Canada so expensive?

DeltaBurnt
12-06-2009, 01:57 PM
Why is everything in Canada so expensive?

Because companies like to screw over places like Canada and Europe alot because...well they can.

But there are some times where Europe get's stuff and we don't, like Europe got those DSi colors and the Uncharted 2 PS3 Slim bundle.

However most of the time Canada doesn't get anything special.

PharaohsVizier
12-06-2009, 05:10 PM
It's because we have a smaller population. Less population density, higher prices. It sucks :(

ChocoMint
12-11-2009, 08:29 AM
It's because we have a smaller population. Less population density, higher prices. It sucks :(

That, and, if you're counting in Canadian dollars, each Canadian dollar is worth less than an American dollar.

PharaohsVizier
12-11-2009, 10:14 AM
While that used to play a significant role, now it doesn't, our dollars are pretty close to each other now, certainly still worth less, but practically a 1:1 ratio unless you count the absolute lowest point in a given week, and even then it's pretty close. For example, I just ordered $36 worth of goods from amazon.com, and it billed me for $38 american.

DeltaBurnt
12-11-2009, 05:12 PM
While that used to play a significant role, now it doesn't, our dollars are pretty close to each other now, certainly still worth less, but practically a 1:1 ratio unless you count the absolute lowest point in a given week, and even then it's pretty close. For example, I just ordered $36 worth of goods from amazon.com, and it billed me for $38 american.

That's not fair, you just caught us at a bad time. Let us put our economy's makeup on and give it a shower and we'll be back up there ^^

PharaohsVizier
12-11-2009, 05:25 PM

That's not fair, you just caught us at a bad time. Let us put our economy's makeup on and give it a shower and we'll be back up there ^^

Well I could care less what it was or what it will be, only the present values affect me. :(

Not to mention our economy is at somewhat of a strong point. :P

Smity
12-12-2009, 04:40 PM
Yes, this used to be so awesome. When I remember going over to canada and being able to double my money now its very sad when I can go over there and my money is the same :(