PDA

View Full Version : Power Slider

Ballistic
02-07-2009, 11:11 PM
As a typical novice, I broke the power slider on my Onix Lite when I tried putting the shell back on with force (DON'T DO WHAT I DID). So I'm looking for a replacement and I found this <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.15610">http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.15610</a><!-- m --> . Looks like it received some great reviews and I'm planning to buy it. Though I have no experience whatsoever about soldering. So can anyone suggest alternatives or tips to replacing my Power Switch?

PharaohsVizier
02-07-2009, 11:14 PM
I don't think there are any tips to really "fix" a power switch, the only option is to open it up and replace it. Believe me it isn't that bad. Opening up the case should be fairly easy because you don't have to worry about the hinge. Soldering shouldn't be that hard either, as long as you have a soldering iron that has a pretty fine tip.

Ballistic
02-07-2009, 11:27 PM
Can soldering damage the motherboard in anyway from a slight mistake? I might try blue LED power lights if this soldering stuff proves to be straightforward.

PharaohsVizier
02-07-2009, 11:58 PM
Ermmmm depends what you mean, soldering can definitely damage your motherboard if you are really careless. By really careless, I mean like joining 2 things that aren't supposed to be joined, possibly shorting the DS or something. But if you are careful, that really shouldn't be a problem. I haven't actually looked at the LED lights and stuff, so I wouldn't know, although I'd like to see some pictures if you actually attempt it. :)

Ballistic
02-08-2009, 12:11 AM
Yeah, I've passed through a lot of modding ideas due to my inexperience. I wouldn't say I'm careless, just dumbfounded at times. Like I've said, I have never solder before and motherboard modifications is certainly out of the question. All I do is try to replace what I took out to the best of my ability. Without I doubt I hope that's enough...I hope. Thanks for the help though. :)