PDA

View Full Version : My DS Lite Housing

Solarpolitiks
01-25-2009, 08:54 PM
I ordered mine off ebay for about the same price as the one from DX and it came in 3 days so it was a good deal. My cousin just sent some pics of it (he did the swap for me). This is the finished product I'll add some better pics soon. These are his cell phone ones. :)

http://dpgfrenzy.webs.com/back.jpg
http://dpgfrenzy.webs.com/open.jpg
http://dpgfrenzy.webs.com/top.jpg

PharaohsVizier
01-25-2009, 10:30 PM
Not bad at all! Looks pretty sweet, I may want to get one of those translucent black ones sometime soon, been getting tired of just plain transparent.

Solarpolitiks
01-26-2009, 01:21 PM
Yeah I saw yours it looked really cool. This will probably be my only case swap due to the fact that I didnt even do the swap and I dont wanna bother my cousin again (and this week without my DS has been unbearable!) Btw turns out that I got my case from Yall Games ebay store if you wanna check them out. And a link to the one I ordered http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&item=170287254588

ZPE
02-02-2009, 12:37 PM
Nice housing but I don't like the white bits.

Solarpolitiks
02-02-2009, 04:54 PM
Yeah the white around the screens is from my original housing my cousin didnt wanna risk messin up the screens but it looks fine since my slot 1 and 2 are white.

ZPE
02-03-2009, 09:34 AM
Oh I see. Nice job though, I couldn't risk breaking my DS trying to fit one of those. :P

PharaohsVizier
02-05-2009, 11:35 PM
Any chance we'll be seeing those nicer pictures anytime soon? I've been juggling a few new cases to buy, and the clear black one is definitely one I'm interested in. :)

Ballistic
02-07-2009, 10:16 PM
I'm planning to purchase a Shock! Ivory White case for my Lite once I fix my power slider. Does anyone know if it is matte material like the Shock! Cool Black one?

PharaohsVizier
02-07-2009, 10:31 PM
I heard that Shock cases are pretty bad quality, they have cool colors and all, but the quality increases the chance of things like the cracked hinge.

Ballistic
02-07-2009, 11:06 PM
It so happens that I've been misinformed about the qualities of products via internet once again. Damned false advertisements. The 'official' Polar White shell on DealExtreme was my back-up in case. So I'll be probably resorting to that since there is so few information on Shock! cases and it's just so expensive. Thanks PharaohsVizier!

Solarpolitiks
03-24-2009, 11:05 PM
Oh wow I dint even realize there was still discussion on this thread (and I didnt realize people still cared :P) I know I'm bumpin this up but if you want I can post some new pics tomorrow. Once again sorry I hadnt seen this.

PharaohsVizier
03-29-2009, 08:44 PM
Man this sucks, my DS Lite with the case died. I don't know what I should do with it. :( God I hate fate... Or maybe this is a sign to buy a brand new shiny DSi.

Solarpolitiks
04-07-2009, 09:39 PM
Man this sucks, my DS Lite with the case died. I don't know what I should do with it. :( God I hate fate... Or maybe this is a sign to buy a brand new shiny DSi.
Dude that sucks... It just stopped working?

PharaohsVizier
04-08-2009, 01:46 AM
Pretty much, anyways I am going to repair it, already arranged to fix the possibly blown fuse, going to buy a new top screen since the old one was a bit messed. Should hopefully all work out just fine, although I'll be short $15 or so...

On a brighter note, I'll be getting a DSi realllll soon. :)

Solarpolitiks
04-08-2009, 01:46 PM
Pretty much, anyways I am going to repair it, already arranged to fix the possibly blown fuse, going to buy a new top screen since the old one was a bit messed. Should hopefully all work out just fine, although I'll be short $15 or so...

On a brighter note, I'll be getting a DSi realllll soon. :)
Sweet so are you gonna review the DSi here on the site?

PharaohsVizier
04-08-2009, 10:25 PM
I probably won't do a full blown review, but I probably will post some stuff up on the blog, general thoughts or videos, etc.

Solarpolitiks
04-08-2009, 11:14 PM
Cool. I will be looking forward to that.