PDA

View Full Version : Round Posting Deadline?

golden
03-27-2008, 04:33 PM
I think there should be a posting dead line to confirm you are there for the round. This way, everyone doesn't have to wait till april 1st to race just because ONE person didn't show up. I don't know what the posting deadline should be but doesn't everyone here agree that there should be one to get this tourny rolling quicker?

jincongz
03-27-2008, 06:15 PM
Agreed. I'm currently staring at a win by default.

PharaohsVizier
03-27-2008, 07:37 PM
Give them a few more days. If it really does appear to be only 2 people in each match or so, I might have to completely redo the tournament chart.

jincongz
03-27-2008, 09:37 PM
How about giving my idea a spin?
We make a thread for people still want to join. April 1st would be the tentative deadline. We make the charts. There would be a few empty lines to the bottom few, if people want to join late. If all the games finish, and we start round 2, that's the cutoff.

PharaohsVizier
03-27-2008, 10:37 PM
I could implement it into the next round, but it wouldn't really be fair if it happens this round as several days have already passed and some people do need some warning.

jincongz
03-27-2008, 10:48 PM
Do you mean warning as in "Hey you! Don't do that next time!" or "Remember! The deadline is april 1st!"?

PharaohsVizier
03-27-2008, 10:54 PM
As in they might come a few days late, they might show up on the 1st, it wouldn't be fair if I just put up a message saying that they are kicked out tomorrow. Perhaps it just didn't fit their schedule, they need some warning ahead of time so they can shift things around.

Jibib
04-08-2008, 12:32 PM
WOoooo DEADLINE IS REACHED NOW LETS GGET RID OF LOADDDSSS OF PEOPLE!!