PDA

View Full Version : You are looking at the New Champion...

ZzzZilla
08-25-2007, 02:47 PM
of the Pokemon Diamond League that is!

After 110 hours spread over 2 months, I have completed my first (and probably last) Pokemon game (something I had put off since playing Blue for an hour all those years ago...)

The Elite Four were pretty challenging, and they pretty much forced me to use up all but 2 of my Max Revives I had found throughout the game (along with just 1 of the Revives I had found and bought [out of 9 left at the beginning]). Also used one Ether to restore Hydro Pump PP. As a rule, I normally avoid item use in RPGs as I'm very stingy with my items and money, so this was a (necessary) shock.

So I went to face the Champion with my team of Empereon, Staraptor, Luxray, Roserade, Gyrados and Kadabra (levels 55~57). At this point, I had used all my lower level healing items, but still had 8 Hyper potions and all my Max Potions and Full Restores (that I never touched). I must admit I was pushed near the brink several times, the most annoying being the Snorlax and the dragon's Pressure.

I was saved on those occasions by a cheap trick I had developed: using Staraptor's Endeavour. Facing the Champion, it still had 1 left. As we traded blows, our pokemons slowly whittled away, although by the Champion's final 2 I was forced to Max Revive my Empereon and Roserade (with no idea what her final pokemon would be) with just my dying Luxray left.

Bringing in Roserade first, it was KO'ed and Empereon entered to finished the Champion's second last pokemon off. Lo and behold, the Champion's final pokemon: a Roserade! And here was my Empereon, with PPs in Drill Peck left!

2 x Drill Pecks FTW!

PharaohsVizier
08-25-2007, 02:49 PM
Lol 110 hours... psshhhhh, give me 3 minutes with PokeSav... :) jk

Good job, I'll be copying that team soon... :)

bombflame
08-27-2007, 03:33 PM
thats a long time it took me 65 hours

johnny9562001
08-27-2007, 05:47 PM
you guys come one, it took me only 45 hrs and 27hrs the second time.

ZzzZilla
08-28-2007, 12:03 PM
I caught Pokerus when I fought one trainer on the Bicycle highway. Ended up training all my infected pokemon at the Old Chateua for 60+ hours >o<

bombflame
08-28-2007, 12:51 PM
lol i got it from wifi

and all my pokemon have the best virus in the world even the eggs :drunken: