PDA

View Full Version : Can we say an addiction?

Bubii
07-26-2007, 05:25 PM
I can't have one day without playing my NDS.
What about you? How much do you play?
Is it every day? Can't go to sleep without one-more-little-game?
What's your record of non-stop playing?
Do you think it's an addiction?
Can you say NDS is a drug?

MoNoXiD3
07-26-2007, 06:32 PM
Omg, too many questions, screw this, I'm going back to playing my DS.

PharaohsVizier
07-26-2007, 08:18 PM
Lol, it is definitely close to an addiction with me. I generally carry my DS everywhere.

I play about an hour a day at bare minimum, generally much more.

It is everyday. Before I sleep I always play a game of Tetris, New Super Mario Bros or Bleach.

I played till my eyes completely died on me once.

johnny9562001
07-26-2007, 08:22 PM
it can be very addictive, specially pokemon games. but ATM i find it to be very boring, there isent any good game that i havent play or beat at the moment, intill sonic, zelda, FF chronicles and ninja gaiden come out i have really nothing good to play. i think Gba games ara more addicting than ds. about not going to sleep before playing a little thats not an addiction thats a cue for get a life.

PharaohsVizier
07-26-2007, 08:59 PM
about not going to sleep before playing a little thats not an addiction thats a cue for get a life.

ouch....

MoNoXiD3
07-27-2007, 12:24 AM
about not going to sleep before playing a little thats not an addiction thats a cue for get a life.

ouch....

Ditto, haha. PV, you ever think about playing Jump Ultimate Stars before you sleep? It's what I always do, maybe we can wifi.

PharaohsVizier
07-27-2007, 12:28 AM
I don't understand the hype behind that game... I see that it is pretty good and all, but definitely far exaggerated IMO.

Explodicide
07-27-2007, 12:58 AM

Actually, I find the DS is a great way to unwind and relax before falling asleep. I'm usually still pretty mentally keyed up when I go to bed, so doing something mindless like playing Meteos or SM64:DS puts me out quick.

If I wasn't so pissed off about my CycloDS situation I'd play mine more.

ZzzZilla
07-27-2007, 02:09 AM
Can't sleep when I game. How do you guys do it??

Explodicide
07-27-2007, 02:47 AM
I've got a lot on my mind most of the day with work, so when I get in bed at night and focus all of my attention on lining up colored blocks it just puts me out.

I used to read to go to sleep, but most of the books that I've been reading these days have been too interesting to put down easily.

TheNeck
07-27-2007, 12:08 PM
With me play poker is my addiction, a bad one at that since I lose $ in the process, but also win $ sometimes.

playing my daughters DS lite is just plain fun, but it is also an addiction. I play my daughters DS lite so much, that my wife and daughter are getting me a DS lite of my own for my birthday in August.

But i think everybody here on this forum is a video game addict, myself included, which is not a bad thing to say. Ive been a video game addict for about 20+ years. :colors:

ZzzZilla,
I agree with you how can you fall asleep playing any game? if i play games they actually keep me awake.

Topspin
07-29-2007, 01:53 AM
I have to say this. I play more nds than you could probably imagine, just on mkds too

TheNeck
07-29-2007, 02:00 AM
Nothing wrong with that topspin, i just finished a poker game, $50 buyin, ended up winning $350, so im a happy camper.

Bubii
07-29-2007, 05:18 AM
I think we all can say we're addicted, it's not something bad at all.
As long it doesn't disturb our life it can't be bad.

ZzzZilla
07-29-2007, 10:22 AM
Well technically...

Anything that's an addiction will interfere with your life. With respect to gaming, we need only remember the poor South Korean gamer who went on a three days spree in a cybercafe... :(

h8uthemost
08-02-2007, 01:36 PM

Lol...that was hilarious johnny. Wait, I don't know why I'm laughing, that's exactly how I am.