PDA

View Full Version : Ladies and Gentlemen, Presenting THE reason to get a PS3...

ZzzZilla
07-25-2007, 09:12 AM
http://www.gametrailer.com/player/22703.html

No wonder this will be Kojima's last MGS. With all the stuff you can do here, topping this game seems nearly impossible.

One thing confuses me though. I remember past trailers talking about the soldiers using ID-tagged weapons, so how come Snake can take and use them? Only reason I can think of is that his suit not only has anti-thermal google properties, you probably can get master codes from the PMC or militia side to program the suit to unlock the stolen weapons.

me_too_lazy
07-25-2007, 09:56 AM
very tempting to sell my wii and get a ps3
but they still need more games
and a mod chip

ZzzZilla
07-25-2007, 12:08 PM
My advise for now is to keep to the Wii360 combo. Seeing as Sony wants the PS3 to have a 10 year lifecycle, stick with Wii/360 for 5 years when we get to the PS3's half-life before getting it.

But then, who knows what Ninty or MS would show up with by then...

obsoletion
07-26-2007, 02:48 AM
Watched the entire trailer in HD, and very impressed. Looking forward to this one, although I doubt I'll be able to afford a PS3 unless there's another hefty price cut.

ID-tagged weapons were in the first two games, but I think in this one there wasn't anything saying that they'll have those again. It'll be interesting if there will be different locales like Kojima said there would be, and seeing how the interactions between the locals/PMCs/Snake will play out. Combat system is also looking to be completely revamped. It looks like this will be a nice ending to the MGS saga

ZzzZilla
07-26-2007, 03:10 AM
I thought I had heard it in the trailer that ended with old Snake putting the pistol in his mouth.

Before that, Snake was narrating something like this: "...genetically modified soldiers use ID-tagged weapons... to fight proxy wars".

That's what I remembered at least.

h8uthemost
07-27-2007, 02:32 AM
Yes, this game will be great, no doubt about it. Just like the other games in the Solid series. I"m quite hyped for it. But...I won't be playing it until the price of the ps3 lowers to what the console is actually worth. Until then, there's plenty of other games, on plenty of other systems to keep me busy.

Also, the new Ratchet and Clank looks great too. These two games are what I'm really interested in on the PS3.

Damaged
07-27-2007, 10:57 AM
I was amazed by the trailer, amazed.
I still wanna have a Wii way more than a PS3.

[M]artin
07-27-2007, 07:01 PM
I thought I had heard it in the trailer that ended with old Snake putting the pistol in his mouth.

Before that, Snake was narrating something like this: "...genetically modified soldiers use ID-tagged weapons... to fight proxy wars".

That's what I remembered at least.
Yeah, I remember something like "ID Tagged Soilders using ID Tagged weapons to fight ID Tagged wars" or something weird like that.

I thought they were simply putting emphasis on the fact that war has evolved into a ridiculously organized system. When you consider the factor of PMC's, it's like people with money can basically buy the final result/outcome of wars (unless Snake comes in and throws a monkey wrench into the whole thing, that is ^_^ )

obsoletion
07-27-2007, 11:52 PM
Perhaps that was in the trailer, been a while since I saw the earlier ones.

I don't think it's so much that money buys the outcome of wars. It's that war is a business proposition. You don't need armies, private military corporations can fight the wars for you. Someone is making money off of that warfare and killing. You want to continue the war to increase profits. Something that arguably can be seen in present day life if you look for it.

ahse0w
08-02-2007, 09:47 AM
I dun think that this would be THE reason to get a PS3.
Give it some time and it might appear in other consoles

Furthermore, MGS is quite boring already imo.
Sure there are a few quirks here and there, Kojima never fails to amuse me, but gameplay wise..
Maybe I am too picky.

Unless PS3 has some really interesting games, I would put off getting one.