PDA

View Full Version : How many of you have a non-gamer wife/girlfriend?

nolanvoid
07-24-2007, 03:53 PM
I sure do, and it caused me grief sometimes...

but I just got her addicted to nintendogs (shes teaching it tricks in bisaya!)

any other games that are non-gaming wife friendly anyone can think of?

NV

Explodicide
07-24-2007, 04:02 PM
Bejeweled converted a lot of non-gamers back in the day. Is there a version of it for the DS?
There's also another remake of one of those simple Flash games...Actionloop I think it was. Electroplankton might be another one, but it's kind of an odd one.

I'm thinking that games that use the touch-pad exclusively would be the best.

P.S. I was very confused for a moment as I stumbled onto this thread on both this site and also the TC forums simultaneously. :D

ZzzZilla
07-24-2007, 04:31 PM
Bejeweled for DS = PuzzleQuest (less similar would be Panel de Pon/Planet Puzzle Quest or Meteos)

[M]artin
07-24-2007, 04:54 PM
My GF is completely addicted to Mario Kart DS, it seems to be a good pick-up-and-play title yet also is very immersive.

Satangel
07-25-2007, 03:20 AM
My mom is a non-gamer, except for Tetris.
She gets totally addicted to Tetris :)

The Big Wax
07-25-2007, 03:46 AM
Bejeweled for DS = PuzzleQuest (less similar would be Panel de Pon/Planet Puzzle Quest or Meteos)

Puzzlequest almost made my gf kill me!! The only way I get her to play games w/ me is when I'm playing on-line Gears of War. She'll wear the headset and just talk s*** to all my friends.

Satangel
07-25-2007, 04:34 AM

Puzzlequest almost made my gf kill me!! The only way I get her to play games w/ me is when I'm playing on-line Gears of War. She'll wear the headset and just talk s*** to all my friends.

LOL :)

highlander
07-25-2007, 05:56 AM
All it took was dominoes in "42 all time classics."

Topspin
07-26-2007, 02:22 AM
majhong =/ I don't even know if that is how you spell it lol

ZzzZilla
07-26-2007, 02:43 AM
Just flip the j and h around and you're there, Topspin :)

And do you mean the real game, or those match-up ones?

h8uthemost
07-26-2007, 04:57 AM
I'll give you a list of the ones mine plays that aren't too difficult, that may convert her.

Kirby Canvas Curse(one of my personal favorites)
Kirby Squeak Squad
NSMB
Super Princess Peach(I also love this one, yeah, I'll admit it)
Yoshi's Island
Tak
Spyro

Pretty much any platformer. They're easy, and their fun as hell.

Then there's some puzzler:

Platinum Soduko
Puzzle Quest(yes it's an rpg, but a fairly easy, but very addicting one, with Bejewled type battles)
Polarium(freakin' awesome, I don't care what anyone says)
TetrisDS
Meteos
Meteos Disney Magic

Also, there's the crazy addictive and very quirky games:

Feel the Magic
The Rub Rabbits

Should maybe start her out on those two next. They have an excellent art style, and their just plain fun and addicting to play. Also Animal Crossing would be good. Taking care of a garden and doing other things like this is really easy, and really addicting.

Also Clubhouse Games she LOVES. And it would be some fun download play action for the two of you.

So yeah, just fill up a cart with games like these, and I'm sure she'll play them.