PDA

View Full Version : interesting idea concept for a potential ds 2

fountaineer
07-22-2007, 04:36 PM
It's a fan made concept rendition but it does seem practical enough that it wouldn't be a bad idea.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=172882">http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=172882</a><!-- m -->

highlander
07-22-2007, 04:40 PM
He put a lot of thought and hours into this. But does look good.

The sd option does scream mod and homebrew

Iwakura
07-22-2007, 04:43 PM
I think its beautiful! I hope that Ninty does something as nice as this. Having the two screens put together was a GREAT touch. I always wished they were closer together.

PharaohsVizier
07-22-2007, 04:50 PM
That would be pretty awesome, but big exposed screen to me is a big no no.

highlander
07-22-2007, 04:54 PM
I think it's strenghts are the gabless screen.

weakness would be the open screen which is a trademark for the ds. But maybe it could be redesigned to be flipped somehow and protected. I think the technology is there to have it wireless screen that can be detached and clipped behind the keypad.

but does look nice and it has the design to be more than just a game system but that could also spell trouble.

RustyScrew
07-23-2007, 12:47 AM
I love how the guy was smart about this and didn't blow it out and say like "Processor, PENTIUM CORE DUE 3.0 GHZ GUYZ. WE GONNA PLAY CRYSIS ON THIZ SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT"

ZzzZilla
07-23-2007, 01:22 PM
Like, totally agree.

Is graphical quality that important? When playing on the move, I'm sure we are more concerned about gameplay over eye candy. If everyone only bothered with pushing polygon count (like with home consoles), I think we would have to contend with more crap releases than there are now, with developers making eye-candy>gameplay games.

I remember someone comment all the DS needs are better filters to create nicer-looking games. I mean SquareEnix always manage to create beautiful textures despite the limitations of the DS or PS1.

Satangel
07-24-2007, 03:46 AM
That would be pretty awesome, but big exposed screen to me is a big no no.

Same, if the big touchscreen isnt covered or so, then it will get scratches soon....
But its one of the best concepts Ive seen, I really like it :)

johnny9562001
07-24-2007, 04:09 AM
Like, totally agree.

Is graphical quality that important? When playing on the move, I'm sure we are more concerned about gameplay over eye candy. If everyone only bothered with pushing polygon count (like with home consoles), I think we would have to contend with more crap releases than there are now, with developers making eye-candy>gameplay games.

I remember someone comment all the DS needs are better filters to create nicer-looking games. I mean SquareEnix always manage to create beautiful textures despite the limitations of the DS or PS1.

i like the design of this ds. buy like mention it would be useless if there werent an improvement in the lcd, they could still do better in graphics and filters. if they just use the right filters than graphics woldnt be an issue and someway protected that touchsreen, like a small plastic flip top cover. filters make a huge difference in the graphics, sprites and backgrounds not to mention the nice looking attacks in somegames like magical starvacation. With better filters and a golden sun 3 i couldnt ask for more, just imagine attacks in GS, OMG!!!

Bubii
07-24-2007, 05:36 AM
It's really nice but it's feels so psp-like.
And of course it doesn't have the Nintendo cuteness style.
But still, he did a great job, it looks so real.

ZzzZilla
07-24-2007, 03:01 PM
in somegames like magical starvacation

LOL, saw that as Magical Starvation at first! Sounds like a most unpleasant game :laughing5: (Heard good things about it, which is known as Magical Star Sign in some places)

Bubii, rest assured that Nintendo will continue to keep in mind the clamshell design of the GBA SP and the DS Lite's winning combination for a long time to come.

I'm just waiting for them to announce a SIM card reader for it so that it'll enter the mobile phone market. (I can see it now! Mii-to-Mii mobile voice communication!!)

johnny9562001
07-24-2007, 03:46 PM
whoops i didnt see that mistake, i meant both though magical starsign and magical vacation on the gba.

Damaged
07-24-2007, 09:19 PM
This design is really something between an iPhone and a PSP. I don't like it too much. Though I must say you can see he invested alot of effort into it.

SIM cards? I hope you're kidding (plus, you need MUCH more than a SIM card input to make anything into a mobile phone).

Explodicide
07-24-2007, 11:40 PM
I'm just waiting for them to announce a SIM card reader for it so that it'll enter the mobile phone market. (I can see it now! Mii-to-Mii mobile voice communication!!)

I'd never use it even if they made one. I like my phone small, and my handheld consoles large enough to handle comfortably.