Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Default A Free Raffle Coming Up!!!

Just a quick message to let people know that we will be holding a FREE raffle soon to kick start the start of DSdatabase forums.

It will be completely free with only one requirement:
    - Eligible entries must have a certain post count (undecided yet) *EDIT by PharaohsVizier* The post count is at 50 posts. There will be plenty of time for the 50 posts to happen without being considered spam.

Yes, this is to encourage a certain amount of participation in the newly created forum.

As for the prize, it'll start off small but hey! its free! We will be holding more and more free raffles as time goes by. Prizes will get larger as more members join. Prizes will have usually have something to do with the Nintendo DS as this is a DSdatabase forum. However, since I have been asked kindly by PharaohsVizier to help moderate these forums, I will be donating Green Laser Pointers to raffle off, since that is my area of specialties.
    *EDIT by PharaohsVizier* The prize is 2 CycloDS Evolution carts generously donated by Team Cyclops.

Raffles will be filmed and shown to all members to validate the results. Moderators/admins or any DSdatabase staff will obviously not be eligible to win. Heh sorry guys.

To sum everything up:
    - Free raffles will be held soon (waiting for more members, otherwise it'll just be a raffle between the three registered members right now)
    - Prizes will be decided when we start accepting entries
    - Winner must claim prize within 3 days otherwise we'll message the runner-up
    - Spamming the forum with useless information to get your post count up will definitely dq you from the contest

and in the distant future, if these forums accumulate too many members, we may hold raffles that aren't free to help pay for the continued maintenance of these forums.

Green laser pointers, are they those big ones that I've seen on youtube lighting matches meters away?

heh probably not since those go for about $400US+
    I have two new ones that are in the $50US range
    which will be raffled off after whatever Pharaohs have in mind for the first raffle
    Ill have a poll which one of the two you guys would prefer
    1 is a 50mW Newwish Brand laser that can pop balloons
    1 is a 5mW Wicked Lasers Brand The Core that is far more reliable, safe, and LEGAL in all countries. However, cannot pop balloons.

I was thinking about getting one of those wicked laser nexxus models. I'm a little worried about getting it as most of the laser pointers I have had in the past have been pretty cheap, and I can't really justify a sub $400 bill. what other brands are there that are chealer but still have a higher mili-Watt rating?

It isn't wise to get cheaper lasers with higher wattage because they have no IR filter and can seriously damage ur eyes.

6. Default

Wowo. Lazer Pointers that can pop balloons. really, what are you going to do with such a powerful lazer? Ruin a small child's birthday?

Iunno, lots of little laser tricks, I mean you can light matches with the higher end ones. Either way it is pretty cool if you get it for free (or not).

8. Default

I would love one of theses, since i am a pyro maniac. hahahahah : )

Quote Originally Posted by MosQto
    I was thinking about getting one of those wicked laser nexxus models. I'm a little worried about getting it as most of the laser pointers I have had in the past have been pretty cheap, and I can't really justify a sub $400 bill. what other brands are there that are chealer but still have a higher mili-Watt rating?
    heh yea but its like an addiction. Once you get one, you want another thats stronger and stronger. Other brands are cheaper but more dangerous.

All green lasers emit green + infrared light. Wicked lasers' lasers all have an infrared filter installed. So no IR light escapes the laser. Ebay + Deal Extreme green lasers are usually questionable. They may advertise it as 100mW of power but only shoot out 10mW of green and 90mW of IR since they are usually filterless. The danger with IR is that you cant see it, therefore your eyes can be fried without you knowing.

Other tested and reliable sites to get lasers are:
    <!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.laserglow.com">www.laserglow.com</a><!-- w -->
    <!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.dragonlasers.com">www.dragonlasers.com</a><!-- w -->
    <!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.novalasers.com">www.novalasers.com</a><!-- w -->
    <!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.optotronics.com">www.optotronics.com</a><!-- w -->

I suggest to stick with these sites if you value your eyes.

10. Default

thanks for the links, looks like I need to do some shopping now.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast