Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Site Spam - Interesting Announcement from vBulletin

Here I thought that DSDatabase was getting spammed because I wasn't implementing things properly, but it seems that it's not just us:

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...s-to-Combat-It

The solutions they offered sort of suck, but at least we know that they are trying to address it, perhaps in the following few patches.

2. Default

Yeah, the spambots here are the same spambots on every other vBulletin forum. I'd noticed it when I was visiting SPPf at the same time as this place, and the same spam threads popped up at the same times.

lol . the bots are all set at one time , to spam a forum at the same time to cause the forum community to collapse .

Blog Entries

I didn't see any spam in this forum.

5. Default

You must've been hiding under a rock, then.

This place use to be spammed like crazy in everything but now it only spams the blog sections every now and then but when it is spammed in the blog section it's usually 5-10 blogs.
    Support The Site

Set made by me!

Why not add some sort of CAPTCHA system to blog posting? Since you won't be posting blogs as much as you would regular posts/threads it shouldn't bother real users too much.

That's precisely the problem, it seems captcha isn't working that well anymore?

Blog Entries

I didn't see one spam in DSdatabase for about 3 months already.

Quote Originally Posted by PharaohsVizier View Post
    That's precisely the problem, it seems captcha isn't working that well anymore?
    It's better than no CAPTCHA at all. Plus you can just use a different type of CAPTCHA instead of reCAPTCHA (which is what was supposedly compromised).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast