View Poll Results: Is gaming a waste of time?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

1 10.00%
  • No

5 50.00%
  • Either

4 40.00%
  • Neither

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Gaming - Is it a waste of time?

While simple enough to ask, I believe that answering this question might be a little more difficult than a simple yes and no. Is gaming a waste of time? It clearly encompasses a lot of other ideas, and no doubt there are parents out there and children that feel strongly about either sides, but you really do have to wonder, do we gain anything from games? Do we lose anything?

Well I will get straight to the point, it is. When all things considered it makes sense because you could be doing more "constructive" things. I wish I could say we actually gained something from the average game but we don't but we lose time. Also basically all gaming does is consume time and get rid of boredom which can be good depending on how you look at it. This is just my logical reason but if I had to say it from my "heart" I would say it is not.
    Support The Site

Set made by me!

Gaming is not a waste of time.

[Further argumenting will come tonight.]

Blog Entries

I don't really play games like I use to, it seems like I'm just collecting roms, I'm still interested in the scene because I can get free games for my kid
    I play games when I want to waste some time, and I have better things to do now, like turbo charging my civic si, it just too damn cold right now in minnesota to work on my SI

I guess when you grow up gaming becomes a waste of time.

you kids will understand this someday when you grow up. but for now just have fun with your pokemon and enjoy gaming.
    Last edited by RoMee; 02-02-2011 at 08:58 AM.

Gaming is ultimately a waste of time, but I think it's a better alternative to just watching TV or other "outdated" hobbies. I suppose I could be out building something right now, but I've already spent most of the day at school being constructive. When I become an adult I will spend even more of my day being constructive at work. Once I get home I'd like to relax and just have some entertainment like playing games.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DeltaBurnt View Post
    Gaming is ultimately a waste of time, but I think it's a better alternative to just watching TV or other "outdated" hobbies. I suppose I could be out building something right now, but I've already spent most of the day at school being constructive. When I become an adult I will spend even more of my day being constructive at work. Once I get home I'd like to relax and just have some entertainment like playing games.
    I won't think you will ever have time to play games when you get older and marry. You come home late from work and you have to feed the kids, shopping, cleaning the house, cooking, taking care of the kids, helping them with HW, and other responsibilities. Even if you don't have kids and are just going out with some girl the gaming could waste your time because in that time you could have been with her.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jakob95 View Post
    I won't think you will ever have time to play games when you get older and marry. You come home late from work and you have to feed the kids, shopping, cleaning the house, cooking, taking care of the kids, helping them with HW, and other responsibilities. Even if you don't have kids and are just going out with some girl the gaming could waste your time because in that time you could have been with her.
    it's not really like that, maybe if you're a single parent with a kid in elementary school or something , but when you grow up, there's other things that are more important.
    like life, or kicking back and watching toystory 3 with your kid, or a quickie with your wife

gaming becomes less important when you're older, unless you're some 30 year old fat guy still living in your parents basement..

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RoMee View Post
    it's not really like that, maybe if you're a single parent with a kid in elementary school or something , but when you grow up, there's other things that are more important.
    like life, or kicking back and watching toystory 3 with your kid, or a quickie with your wife

gaming becomes less important when you're older, unless you're some 30 year old fat guy still living in your parents basement..
    Rayder!

Quote Originally Posted by Jakob95 View Post
    And that, my friends, is why you date attractive gamer girls. Always works out great.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Overlord Nadrian View Post
    [Further argumenting will come tonight.]
    Argumenting?
    --
    That depends.
    What else would you have done with that time? If you would have studied using the time you used to game then yes, it is a waste of time but if you would have watched television or spent your time doing other mindless things, then it isn't a waste of time.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast