Default What will happen?

What will happen when the 3DS comes? We need to get this site more noticed when it comes out and when it does think of all the users searching up 3DS, they won't get our site even though we're getting more 3DS-ish and we have a lot of great news and such about it. So basically how will we advertise DSdatabase when the 3DS comes out? 3DSdatabase anyone?
    Support The Site

Set made by me!

Huh. That's a really good question to ask. I too am curious about what will happen here. I kinda like the whole 3DSDB thing but sadly I have no power to decide that. One of the major outlets to get noticed is GBAtemp, but at this point in time, I don't think we're best friends.

PV goes to CPanel, creates a subdomain with "3", and points that towards, uh, maybe another fork of DSDB?

(Subdomain with "3" gets you www.3.dsdatabase.org.)

AnythingButIpod does it really well with AnythingButIphone - they're theoretically two separate sites, and they have two separate homepages with different content, but all the forums are connected.

Blog Entries

why not just add a 3DS section in the forum?

Quote Originally Posted by RoMee View Post
    why not just add a 3DS section in the forum?
    I'm pretty sure PV will add that section but how will people find us? If they search up 3DS I'm sure DSdatabase won't show so we need more things possibly like a subdomain as briankealing mentioned or we could get a total name change but that would seem going a bit too far. o_O
    Support The Site

Set made by me!

I'm not keen on forking the site into a 3DS and a DS one. The way I see it, the outcome can only be bad if that occurs. We would have either a dead DS section because the device is "last generation" at that point, or not enough content on the 3DS side for some time. Even if we do link the forums, we are still dividing the community, page views will be split, etc. DSDatabase isn't even close to big enough to afford that sort of division.

That being said, I may or may not route a few domains to DSDatabase, ie you can type in 3DSDatabase.org and it'll lead you to this page.

A 3DS section is a given, in fact I may do it over the weekend, since there should be enough topics around now to keep it from looking dead. It's likely to start off as one section of the forum as General Discussions or something before actually splitting up into games, support, etc.

LASTLY, AND MOST IMPORTANTLY, I think we all need to keep in mind the importance of CONTENT over domain names and other things. I believe we have an edge here over many sites out there because we have a tight community and I am quite certain that more than a couple of us will be in line on day 1 getting a 3DS with a few titles. Most of you guys have written guides or reviews elsewhere, blogged about stuff or even just written really helpful posts, so we definitely have a hub of information, we just need to present it at the right time. The key here is to put all sorts of content on DSDatabase during the 3DS's release, anything from first impressions, game reviews or even how to take out the battery. DSDatabase has a ton of tools for you, there's the blog, a forum, YouTube, and I'm certainly happy to pin up stuff to the front page.

So in the end, I WILL DEFINITELY be trying to post everything I can up, I'll probably make an unboxing video and some gameplay videos on YouTube, write a few blog posts or articles about some features or concerns, etc. If you want to help DSDatabase, even if you DON'T have a 3DS, just try to squeeze all the information out of the rest of us. For starters, feel free to start new threads to ask questions like "how is the battery life?", "what game are you playing the most?", "what color did you buy?". I'll be happy to try and answer anything I can, and no doubt the rest of us will too. Of course, when you do get around to buying a 3DS (or already have one), then post up pictures, videos, written comments or reviews, etc.

That was a very nice post PV, I see your point on posting on the 3DS can bring in members, hopefully everyone can contribute to the site when it's released. o_O
    Support The Site

Set made by me!

I for one am quite keen to get another raffle flowing and I have a LOT of plans for when the Nintendo 3DS arrives stateside. For one, I have a review of the console itself. For another, maybe for the new DoA game. I'm really anticipating the arrival and I know I've been kinda quiet as of late but trust me. When the 3DS arrives, you'll want to get rid of me.

Blog Entries

I guess I can start writing some stuff here, I got my 3DS paid for and ready to pick up
    actually I got 2 paid for, the blue one for my son and the black for me, so I'll try and do my part

I've been talking to some flash cart teams too so hopefully I can post some info soon

That's great RoMee, it'll really help! I preordered a 3DS as well, so between us we already have a couple. That's a few articles right there already.