Default 3DS 2nd Analog Stick CONFIRMED

slidepadofficial530pxheaderimg.jpg

Nintendo has finally confirmed the "2nd analog stick" attachment. As seen in the picture, this attachment adds a fair bit of bulk, but also includes a second circle pad for a variety of games including Monster Hunter Tri G, Resident Evil: Revelations, Metal Gear Solid - Snake Eater, Ace Combat, Kingdom Hearts 3D and Dynasty Warriors VS. The price currently set is 1500 which is approximately $19.50 USD (direct conversion, likely to be lower). It requires its own separate battery source in the form of an AAA battery.

Needless to say this device has already received overwhelming negative criticism from the various leaks prior to this announcement. It adds a fair bit of bulk, renders the ABXY buttons too far to reach and also looks like a hunk of junk. To further worsen the problem, the device doesn't increase battery life as some had speculated. It's odd and I really can't see this being a success nor mandatory, so I am hoping this is just one odd, fairly isolated accessory for some die hard 3DS users.

Blog Entries

I like the added 2nd analog. It's always better to have a second analog. Gameplay will be better with a second analog. I'm excited for the gameplay possibilities, but at the same time I also hate how bulky it is, I hate the design, I hate the AAA battery, it's an add on I wish I don't have to buy, and even though most people hate it they are still gonna buy it.
    I hope with this add on it'll be easier for developers to make games for both Vita and 3DS

And I also I think nintendo will wait until things died down to release a redesigned 3DS with the analog built in.

Now what to do with my 3DS cases

EDIT:

it does include R+L buttons

source: http://game.watch.impress.co.jp/docs...13_477173.html
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by RoMee; 09-13-2011 at 10:44 AM.

I agree to an extent, it's nice to have the second analog, it's not like I don't want to see it there, but it doesn't seem to be very well thought out. It adds to much bulk and it looks like you have to sacrifice a lot of buttons to use it.

And thanks for the pics, just updated the L and R thing.

Makes me think of this...

Unus moment of poena an infinitio of sileo.

Blog Entries

I'm kinda warming up to this add-on.
    After looking at the Vita, this add-on makes the 3DS about the same size as the Vita, except it will be thicker than the Vita.

I have a monster hunter hand grip on my PSP for a while now and and it makes the PSP look like a large boomerang, so the extra bulk might not be a big deal for me.
    Nothing beats a hands on experience, and after looking at a few of my handhelds, I'm starting to see this add-on in a different light.

There's still a few things that bothers me.

1. looks like slot1 and the stylus will be blocked..this is the biggie for me
    2. it will be less portable
    3. extra weight, hopefully not too much
    4. my cm4 case can no longer be used
    Last edited by RoMee; 09-13-2011 at 03:08 PM.

Blog Entries

After seeing this slidepad in action it's not as bad as I thought. From what I hear it's more comfortable, and the only real complaints are that it's bulky making the 3DS not as portable as it used to be.

you can see more (bigger and better) image here http://www.engadget.com/photos/nintendo-3ds-extended-slide-pad-add-on-first-hands-on/#4450936

I
    would love to see something like this for my iPod touch.
    Last edited by RoMee; 09-16-2011 at 02:13 PM.

Looks good, how big an impact on games does it have, specially on stuff like Zelda when you only need one controller?

For 18+ only

The chick in the capcom shirt has nice cleavage.
    Unus moment of poena an infinitio of sileo.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shadz View Post

The chick in the capcom shirt has nice cleavage.
    lol..you read my mind, I love the capcom t-shirt