Default Is that a good deal for R4i Gold 3ds Card ?

Hi guys,

I am new here.
    Since i just got the 3DS from my birthday.
    I was recommended by a friend for a R4i gold 3ds card, and he told me this card works great...
    And i was given site name ak2i3ds.com with the price at 9 bucks.
    I supposed you guys as expert, please tell me whether it is really good deal ????

Thank you.

Blog Entries

No its a horrible cart. Get the Acekard 2i. Buy it from either 4coolday.com, Gamekool.com 0shippingzone.com, lightake.com, or ndscardsale.com. Which ever has the best prices I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Jakob15 View Post
    No its a horrible cart. Get the Acekard 2i. Buy it from either 4coolday.com, Gamekool.com 0shippingzone.com, lightake.com, or ndscardsale.com. Which ever has the best prices I guess.
    so you mean, r4i gold is a rubbish ???

R4i Gold isn't "rubbish", it'll work and all, but my preference goes with the AceKard 2i as well. Comparable price and better feature set.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PharaohsVizier View Post
    R4i Gold isn't "rubbish", it'll work and all, but my preference goes with the AceKard 2i as well. Comparable price and better feature set.
    If I'm not mistaken though, isn't the R4i Gold one of the R4 clones that has WAIO (Wood) support? In terms of build quality of the flash cart though, I'd have to say go with an AceKard 2i also. I myself personally own an Acekard 2i and I've had it for 8 months now without any problems. Also, do buy from the sites that Jakobs listed as they are the sponsors of DSDatabase and are trusted, reputable sellers. ^.^

6. Default

R4i gold 3ds card is not a rubish card,it is the first 3ds flashcard and the only card who can use wood kernel.While,compared with another card--ace3ds card,the price is much cheaper,so it is a great deal to buy an ace3ds card.

The R4i Gold was the first one to release a video showing it worked, but the cart with the first actual release was the CycloDSi. Though neither were big achievements since all of the carts got their updates within days of each other. The R4i Gold also isn't the only cart to be able to use Wood, there's a whole bunch of them out there. I think the important thing to keep in mind is that all of these carts differ in price by a few dollars tops, is it worth it to cheap out to buy a random cart?

i think r4i gold 3ds with wood r4 kernel is good for NDS games.

I used to think the same thing, but the acekard team hasn't even released an update for 3DS 4.4... and R4i Gold 3DS by r4ids.cn has updated to 3DS 4.5
    Also, they've added a RTS feature, something that is yet to be perfected. And my Acekard 2i is just sitting in a drawer, waiting for an update to come...

It's a shame that it's turning out this way, AceKard doesn't seem to be updating their cart anymore. If people are still looking for carts, I'd probably recommend getting the R4i Gold as well seeing as how they are more widely available than anything else at this point. The Supercard DS TWO still gets my vote though if they are serious.