Thread: I is here.

1. Default I is here.

jakob95 suggested I sign up here, so I did. That's pretty much it.

Also I'm drunk as fuck right now. Dunno if that means anything. Hello, I guess.

Hey Dan, welcome to DSDatabase! I recognize that name, are you by any chance from SCDev?

3. Default

Indeed, I am the DanTheMan global mod from SCDev. Jakob just told me that you were apparently banned from GBATemp? I never knew about any of that. That's part of the reason he suggested I sign up here, to reconnect with folks like you who I haven't spoken to in months.

4. Default

Aaaand given that you're an administrator here... brb, changing my SCDev password to prevent abuse.

Quote Originally Posted by DanTheMan View Post
    Aaaand given that you're an administrator here... brb, changing my SCDev password to prevent abuse.
    I'm fairly certain there's no way to turn off password encryption in VBulletin, but I suppose that's a good idea anyways. I could see PV using this site as a way to steal passwords :P

Months? It's been longer than that I'm sure! I know you hung around at GBAtemp but we usually chatted on SCDev, though it looks pretty dead right now.

As for my ban, I sort of posted up my "statement" here. Long story short this was prior to the release of the CycloDSi and basically I felt some of the GBAtemp posts seemed pretty heavily biased and I pointed it out and also questioned their "GBAtemp Supercard DS TWO" and the revenues it was generating. Despite several members posting pretty much the same thing, I was singled out, banned, and all my posts were removed (which frankly is a bit of a loss for GBAtemp). I just posted an updated rant at the end though because you reminded me.

EDIT: @Delta - and that's how jakob gets his maplestory account hacked. :P

7. Default

Better safe than sorry, really.

EDIT: well damn PharaohsVizier, and here I was completely unaware that any of that was taking place. Yay for censorship... =/
    Last edited by DanTheMan; 12-13-2011 at 10:59 PM.

Heh don't worry, you can never be too safe with your password. Just in case you were thinking it, my password here and SCDev are different. :P

Yuppers. hiya Dan, welcome to DSDatabase! Times are a changin' over there. I used to love the site, but, well...

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by PharaohsVizier View Post
    Heh don't worry, you can never be too safe with your password. Just in case you were thinking it, my password here and SCDev are different. :P
    Mine wasn't, out of sheer laziness, hence the sudden change.