Default Phoenix Wright 123HD for iOS and Android Announced

l_4f24f55e4e9dd.jpg

In the recent Phoenix Wright event, Phoenix Wright 123HD was announced for iOS devices. The game has been remastered to look sharper and includes all of the first 3 Phoenix Wright games.

The game is currently slated for release on iOS devices with iOS5. This means that the old first and second generation iPod Touch and iPhone are not included, but any device newer than that will run it fine. There are also plans for an Android version in the future.

Capcom will be using a pricing model to entice users to buy all three at once.

Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Turnabout 1-2) - FREE
    Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Turnabout 3-5) - 600
    Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney: Justice for All (Turnabout 1-5) - 600
    Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney: Trials and Tribulations (Turnabout 1-5) - 600
    Complete set (all turnabouts inclusive) - 1200

No confirmation of a localization yet, but I can't imagine why it wouldn't show up. Exchange rates put a 600 app at roughly $8, but given the general price of apps on iTunes in Japan, I'd say that it'd show up as $5 or $10 for the set.

Source: http://www.famitsu.com/news/201201/29009127.html

l_4f24f55c3b5a1.jpgl_4f24f55a9b118.jpgl_4f24f559c1287.jpg

Blog Entries

Its nice that there are plans for Android in the future. I read that there weren't from a different source.

I'm looking at Famitsu's original post:

近々配信されるとのこと。Android版の配信も予定されている
    Roughly translated as something like "Distribution will begin soon. Currently planning Android version's distribution." So I'm fairly certain it's coming, perhaps not as soon as the iOS versions, but still nice. I'm really looking forward to it, but one of the problems I had with the first Phoenix Wright on the iOS was that you couldn't skip chapters, nor were there cheats to allow you to do that. I've already played Phoenix Wright and I think Capcom should acknowledge that a large number of players will be veterans, we really don't want to play through the tutorial turnabouts again.

Just a few days after the announcement and the game is already out on the Japanese appstore, I hope it'll come over to North America soon.

http://appadvice.com/appnn/2012/02/p...nese-app-store