Thread: The "new" iPad

Default The "new" iPad

performance.jpg

Apple announced the "new" iPad today, it isn't the iPad HD or iPad 3, just a "new" iPad. The major features are enhanced cameras, 4G connectivity, the retina display with a resolution of 2048 x 1536 and a new quad core graphics chip. Included in the presentation was apps brought over from iWork and iLife and of course enhancements to current apps including new language support for Siri.

I found the whole presentation a little underwhelming. For a new Apple device, improvements to the stocks apps are a given, and 4G and retina displays were well predicted in advance. I kept thinking they'll have something even more impressive in the end to surprise us, but it seems it isn't going to happen. I suppose the cameras are welcomed as they are upgraded to work similar to the iPhone 4S's. The days leading up to this event, I've heard some crazy rumors, it's a shame that not one of them ended up true. Instead, we get a new graphics chip that supports the latest version of Infinity Blade.

Source: http://www.apple.com/ipad/features/

The only thing I like about this iPad is the retina display. I already have an iPad 2 (that I won) but i don't think that there are enough features that would make me even consider buying this updated version.

That is until they do something with the faster processor and graphics chips, which they might not. I too think the retina display is the true allure of the device, as unnecessary as it may be, the screens just look so much better...