Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is nothing like twilight, and I'm really sick of people making that assumption. I don't recall twilight ever sending children into a massacre, or people attempting to overthrow a government, or dealing with the consequences of these actions.
    Unus moment of poena an infinitio of sileo.

Blog Entries

I just remember the movie Battle Royale. The Hunger Game is kinda like Battle Royale.

Here's a link for those of you who never saw Battle Royale
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0266308/

A week in, and I had to pay an hour and a half ahead of time and wait a half hour in line for the movie. Maybe it's the weekend or the fact that it's Vancouver, but every showing was sold out and when I left there was another line for the next showing. I honestly have never seen this happen for any other movie before outside of opening day.

Glad I saw it though, I thought it was good, but not spectacular. I thought the start of the movie was absolutely horrifically bad, but after the first ten, twenty minutes it got better. A bit disappointed though, the movie did hint at a few things here and there which I appreciated, but I thought for a movie that was two and a half hours long, they didn't build the characters well enough. They did a great job of portraying Katniss's character, but absolute crap for Peeta, Haymitch and Gale. It seemed like they were barely mentioned, which is a poor decision considering how interesting a character Haymitch ends up to be. And worst of all is that I felt like all the other tributes were completely neglected. Spear into the heart, cannon, over. No character development, no relationships, no backstory, just another character Katniss needs dead.

Apparently my friend said that they didn't even mention that the *spoilers* hounds they send after Peeta and Katniss were genetic modifications of all the dead contestants so far. I was kinda disappointed at that, Katniss realizing that one of them looked eerily like Rue was one of the most intense/heart breaking parts of that book.

Quote Originally Posted by PharaohsVizier View Post
    A week in, and I had to pay an hour and a half ahead of time and wait a half hour in line for the movie. Maybe it's the weekend or the fact that it's Vancouver, but every showing was sold out and when I left there was another line for the next showing. I honestly have never seen this happen for any other movie before outside of opening day.

Glad I saw it though, I thought it was good, but not spectacular. I thought the start of the movie was absolutely horrifically bad, but after the first ten, twenty minutes it got better. A bit disappointed though, the movie did hint at a few things here and there which I appreciated, but I thought for a movie that was two and a half hours long, they didn't build the characters well enough. They did a great job of portraying Katniss's character, but absolute crap for Peeta, Haymitch and Gale. It seemed like they were barely mentioned, which is a poor decision considering how interesting a character Haymitch ends up to be. And worst of all is that I felt like all the other tributes were completely neglected. Spear into the heart, cannon, over. No character development, no relationships, no backstory, just another character Katniss needs dead.
    The character development for Haymitch comes in the next one, as does Gale's. There isn't that much otherwise from the first, just that he loves her (sorta obvious). Peeta doesn't deserve a backstory cause he's a little shit, although none is mentioned in the book.

All the deaths were also neglected in the book, which was intended. Nobody knows or cares about them, which is essentially what happens right? In the situation, you don't know them, but you kill them anyway. Seemed fitting when I thought about it.

Quote Originally Posted by DeltaBurnt View Post
    Apparently my friend said that they didn't even mention that the *spoilers* hounds they send after Peeta and Katniss were genetic modifications of all the dead contestants so far. I was kinda disappointed at that, Katniss realizing that one of them looked eerily like Rue was one of the most intense/heart breaking parts of that book.
    Yeah, they only send out 3 muttations, not a whole tonne of them, but more follow. They do however ALL look the same. I was a bit surprised about that, but only a minor detail nevertheless, but they probably wanted to just compress that part down.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadz View Post
    The character development for Haymitch comes in the next one
    That's true, it does elaborate on Haymitch much more in the next book.

Quote Originally Posted by DeltaBurnt View Post
    That's true, it does elaborate on Haymitch much more in the next book.

Mm, it tends to quote deep into his past as to why he's like this. It also does that in the...3rd book as well I believe it goes further still!

Quote Originally Posted by Shadz View Post
    Mm, it tends to quote deep into his past as to why he's like this. It also does that in the...3rd book as well I believe it goes further still!
    Personally my favorite part about his past was when they revealed how he won his Hunger Games.

That is very good, but also finding out what happens after too.

Haymitch is kinda boss

10. Default

The movie was ultra shit, can't believe I spent over two hours watching such a borefest. A blatant Battle Royale ripoff tuned for Twilight kiddies.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast