Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Default What are you guys reading?

Well since GBATemp has opened up a section on books, let's have a chat here as well. How many of you guys read in your free time? What do you read? Anything you particularly enjoy? Let's just start a discussion about books, reading, literature, etc.

I used to read quite a bit in elementary school, then it slowed down in high school, just sudden splurges when something good comes out, or if I was introduced to a good series, etc. Lately I've just gotten one of those jolts from The Lost Symbol by Dan Brown. Not a particularly well versed book, nor a classic, but an interesting read nonetheless.

I'm actually planning to order a few light novels from amazon soon. Spice and Wolf since I enjoyed the anime so much, and of course there's Kino no Tabi (apparently the book is vastly superior).

I am also looking to read some books by Von Daniken, I remember Chariots of the Gods was pretty interesting, it wasn't well written or well researched. Some of the logic seems flawed or extremely stretched, but still, the idea that our ancestors were visited by aliens and considered them gods is quite fascinating, and even more so when people are starting to genuinely believe this argument. I highly recommend this book actually...

Default Re: What are you guys reading?

Heh, I' m reading Harry Potter and James Clavell books in my spare time. Shogun was the most amazing book I have ever read.

I think im grabbing 5 greatest warriors this arvo, just gonna finish off the Alex Rider series (got snakehead today), waiting on lord sunday, gotta read the new dan brown stuff, just finished off Deltora Quest (took me 3 days for series 2 and 3)

Anything by:

Matthew reilly
    Dan brown
    Garth Nix
    J.K Rowling
    Emily Rodda
    Anthony Horowitz

Heh, I'm waiting on Lord Sunday too, although I don't think I read saturday yet.

Emily Rodda wrote Deltora Quest right?

Neil Shusterman's books and Curque Du Freak is all I really read lately.

Can tell from your spelling of Cirque :P

Naw just kidding, Cirque du Freak is quite a suspenseful series. I remember tearing at them the day the library got the next in the series, etc. Did you finish the entire series?

7. Default Re: What are you guys reading?

Inheritance series, Harry Potter series.

Thas' about it. For now.

Blog Entries

I am reading that Anne Frank book. Since its a school's assignment.

Quote Originally Posted by PharaohsVizier

Naw just kidding, Cirque du Freak is quite a suspenseful series. I remember tearing at them the day the library got the next in the series, etc. Did you finish the entire series?
    Dear god no >.>

There's like 12 of them and my library only has one copy of the second book. Very luckily for me some idiot has decided it would be funny if he just kept that book and made it over due for the past 2 months.

So I've only read the first book so far :\

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DeltaBurnt
    Quote Originally Posted by PharaohsVizier

Dear god no >.>

There's like 12 of them and my library only has one copy of the second book. Very luckily for me some idiot has decided it would be funny if he just kept that book and made it over due for the past 2 months.

So I've only read the first book so far :\
    You only have 1 library next to you? I have 2 next to me. And 3 other ones that are really close but I got to go there on my bike.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast